• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What’s your worst fear?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
OP its kinda cool that you're a firefighter

As for myself though, my fears are lame. My greatest fear is the bee. Bees put a fear in my heart like no other. I cannot be near them.
2nd place is being abandoned by people I care about.

Cosmic-FS

A creature of the night
It's kind of weirdly specific but: "Speaking to other people and saying something that make them think that I'm an idiot"

I can have serious anxiety and things like public speaking, or even just speaking up in a small group of people, freaks me the hell out. I spend a lot of time deliberating over my words and making a sort of script for myself of what to say that by the time I have it all done, the topic of discussion has changed. I am completely baffled by some peoples ability to just go up to a random person and start a conversation.

I'd definitely say that I've gotten better about it over the years, thanks in part to having to do a LOT of presentations of my work in college and since entering the work force, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's still something that terrifies me.

Those “Jaw breaker” candies. Always scared of one slipping through and choking on it.

Sirocco~

Victorian Gentleman
Cats, rats, ferrets, and stoats. They were brought with them during human colonization of my natural habitat, almost wiping my species completely out.

Indeed I find them most frightful.

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Cats, rats, ferrets, and stoats. They were brought with them during human colonization of my natural habitat, almost wiping my species completely out.

Indeed I find them most frightful.

Related but on the opposite end...myxomatosis;)

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Dementia in general. Alzheimer's specifically.

I'll take cancer, heart disease and even torture as a way to die but I can't stand the thought of slowly losing my mind.

A

Anibusvolts

For some reason I have an uneasy feeling with deep holes (Wells, Open sewers, etc.)

Kinare

RAWR
Losing everything I've worked so hard to get because of poor financial decisions in my young adult years ruining any near future financial stability (short of winning the lottery, which I don't play cuz no money to play with), and it's a fear that could be realized any day now without warning. All of my attempts to stop it have not been working out. Just a matter of time at this point.

Then of course there's the general "dying alone" bit because I have only a couple friends, only one do I talk to on a pretty regular basis, but all are on the internet and due to the nature of the internet wouldn't think twice if I just vanished one day and never talked to them again... and it's very hard for me to make friends because am cat so am rather particular... so finding a mate seems pretty impossible too. Been in discussion with one dude on the matter and idk, I've lost faith that it has any shot. He's poor, I'm poor, distance is far-ish... Ain't gonna happen, even assuming we were a great fit.

Yay depression and anxiety.

Wolflyfe

Dementia in general. Alzheimer's specifically.

I'll take cancer, heart disease and even torture as a way to die but I can't stand the thought of slowly losing my mind.
It runs on both sides of my family. Legit going to kill myself before I lose my mind completely.

Last edited:

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Losing everything I have, and everyone I love. Abandonment terrifies me, too. I don’t want people to think ill of me, so to be abandoned really plays on my anxiety. I hate it so much...

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
It runs on both sides of my family. Legit going to kill myself before I lose my mode completely.
Oy, I'm sorry to hear that. Let's hope they come up with a cure first!

A

Ace412

I’ve got a new one. Newly discovered. Maybe not my worst fear I guess but a new fear nonetheless...never being truly happy. Never being honest with myself or my family and therefore never being able to go for the things I actually want in life. I’m afraid my sense of duty and honor will keep me playing the good soldier and never being truly happy...leaving me dead one day without ever knowing what could have been.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Mice and rats. I have no idea why.

Last year when I came home to my family's house I found out they were living with mice and they'd all gotten used to it. There were mice running around on the kitchen table at night.

After I persuaded them to act, we caught 10 mice before we stopped seeing more of them.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
"You don't know day nor hour"
An old saying from my homeland.
I am not afraid of dying, I am not afraid of torture, you can cripple me and I am fine with that.

The fact that one day, you will tell your loved ones "Goodbye" for last time without even knowing that it's last time... they will be gone. Move out, pass away, break contact... and you will live on. Trapped in your thoughts, asking "What if..." all the time.
What if I was better Grandson? Granny for sure would like to speak to me... and now she is gone.
What if I did not go there? Maybe I could say goodbye to her?
What if I will outlive everyone? Hopefully not...

And this, in all of my nightmares is most terryfing. Kill me if you want, my life is not pleasant anyway but I beg you, don't take my loved ones away...