• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What 25 inventions does humanity NEED to create?

Maximum7

What 25 inventions do scientists need to create in order to "live long and prosper". I have a lot of ideas but I'm always looking for creative, fresh ideas.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
1. Get genetic enhancement and genetic manipulation
2. Fusion power off the ground, possibly even better ways to generate energy
3. Bio reactors that create energy on their own
4. Better and more efficient ways to farm
5. FTL capability
6. Maid robots. I want my maid robots with human emotions, damn it!
7. Catgirls
8. Replacable body parts
9. Mechanical limbs
10. Sex robots
11. Laser weapons. Because pew pew

Aaand I can't think of anything else.

EmpressCiela

The Empress has Returned
A decent government would be a good start. If not that, I'm sure most would settle for faster than light travel

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
5. FTL capability

NASA and RMIT (Australia's version of MIT) are working on it actually

they use two separate models NASA is working on thealcubierre drive model which is basically creating a bubble of space time around the ship allowing it to travel as fast as it wants without gaining infinite mass and creating a black hole the down side is that as the bubble travels along it picks up dust and rocks and when the ship stops the debris wont so you will have hundreds of these space rocks flying faster than the speed of light in all directions which is theorised to destroy planets and maybe even stars if they hit

so plus side you can travel between stars in minutes downside is you destroy the system you warp into

RMIT's model is difficult because its one they came up with but are holding it close to their chest personally i suspect they're trying to look at more of a worm hole based system the only person who knows of the project and has publicly talked about it is neil degrasse tyson who's said "the math is sound perhaps someday Humans will be able to even live in Sol and commute to alpha centauri for work since they'd be able to travel between stars within the space of a commercial break"

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
A system that scans you and gives you a job based on your intrest and physical capabilities. That way everyone would be happy doing something they enjoy.

A cure to cancer would be nice too. Little kids should not be getting cancer at all. >. <

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Cheap clavichords. They're the simplest keyboard instrument but they're so darn expensive:confused: (I know, first world/music nerd problem)

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
Something that creates common sense and good judgement.
^ This.

Also kills off intellectual dishonesty, cognitive dissonance and political intolerance, but that's forever a dream.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
A ray gun I can shoot at people which makes them have a sudden very intense orgasm.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
An invisible gun. That shoots chocolate milk.

Or what about a bazooka that launches pillows to those in dire need?

M

Mabus

An easier more streamlined diamond synthesizer... maybe one for gold too. The possibilities are endless.
$$$$

F

FluffyShutterbug

If shoelaces aren't replaced by something better in the next 25 years, then we, as a species, have failed.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
We need to invent backrubbing machines.

Automatic scratching you where ever you're itching.

A screen that follows you and gives the meme fitting your reaction/thoughts the most. <-- Hilarious situations WILL ensue.

Iovic

Sustainable nuclear fusion. I mean seriously it's long overdue. It's been promised as the "Power of tomorrow" since the 60s for crying out loud.

FTL capabilities. Technically possible. Laser or Maser driven solar sails is the next best thing I can think of, though slowing down again would be an issue.

Reactionless thrusters. We might already have one IF the EM drive isn't a load of bollocks. Very big IF.

A material with enough tensile strength to build a Space Elevator. Rockets are bloody expensive for the amount of mass they can haul into even a Low Earth Orbit.

A better legal and political system. Seriously, the "Democracy" we have in the UK is a joke. First Past the Post should die a horrible death.

NASA and RMIT (Australia's version of MIT) are working on it actually

they use two separate models NASA is working on thealcubierre drive model which is basically creating a bubble of space time around the ship allowing it to travel as fast as it wants without gaining infinite mass and creating a black hole the down side is that as the bubble travels along it picks up dust and rocks and when the ship stops the debris wont so you will have hundreds of these space rocks flying faster than the speed of light in all directions which is theorised to destroy planets and maybe even stars if they hit

so plus side you can travel between stars in minutes downside is you destroy the system you warp into

Huh, I've never heard the bit about superluminal dust and debris before.

RMIT's model is difficult because its one they came up with but are holding it close to their chest personally i suspect they're trying to look at more of a worm hole based system the only person who knows of the project and has publicly talked about it is neil degrasse tyson who's said "the math is sound perhaps someday Humans will be able to even live in Sol and commute to alpha centauri for work since they'd be able to travel between stars within the space of a commercial break"

I've always been skeptical about wormhole travel. Assuming you can even generate one: 1. How would you control where the other end goes? 2. How do you stop gravitational forces from ripping apart anything that attempts to go through it?

F

FluffyShutterbug

Sustainable nuclear fusion. I mean seriously it's long overdue. It's been promised as the "Power of tomorrow" since the 60s for crying out loud.

FTL capabilities. Technically possible. Laser or Maser driven solar sails is the next best thing I can think of, though slowing down again would be an issue.

Reactionless thrusters. We might already have one IF the EM drive isn't a load of bollocks. Very big IF.

A material with enough tensile strength to build a Space Elevator. Rockets are bloody expensive for the amount of mass they can haul into even a Low Earth Orbit.

A better legal and political system. Seriously, the "Democracy" we have in the UK is a joke. First Past the Post should die a horrible death.

Huh, I've never heard the bit about superluminal dust and debris before.

I've always been skeptical about wormhole travel. Assuming you can even generate one: 1. How would you control where the other end goes? 2. How do you stop gravitational forces from ripping apart anything that attempts to go through it?
Is nuclear fusion actually possible? Are you sure it's not like the vaporware of energy?