• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What accents do you enjoy?

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
I love anything from the UK as well, but I'd feel terrible if I was talking to someone with such a thick accent that I'd have to ask them to repeat everything they said. :< I'd have to fake understanding them, like Robin Williams. Southern accents are nice too, but I've heard so much redneck hillbilly talk here in Kentucky, the nice rich Southern speak is almost ruined for me. Thanks, Kentucky.

Ley

Hngh fuck

nothing ever gets my attention on guys except if they have a

mOTHERFUCKING SOUTHERN DRAWL <33

Or even scottish. ;///; oh god yes please

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
German accents, British accents, and Australian accents.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
Not anything in particular, but sometimes if I'm listening to people my eyes just gloss over and I lose all focus of what they're saying, but I listen to their melodic voice.

KatmanDu

Squeezing the Charmin
There's so many variations on "Southern", ya'll have to be more specific. Other than "high southern", which, as someone pointed out, is mostly Savannah. Quick, what's the correct way to pronounce "Talliaferro"?

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
Finnish, more so if they are actually speaking Finnish.

Indian would be my second choice probably.

dietrc70

Upper class North Carolina (superficially sounds like a cultivated English accent--but better).
Central to west Texas accent
Tennessee
Southern German

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Anglo-Caribbean
Filipino
Maori
German

Gavrill

ladies~
For men: Scottish, British, German, Russian, Eastern European (in general)

For ladies: Latina/Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and upper-class southern accents.

Sai_Wolf

There's so many variations on "Southern", ya'll have to be more specific. Other than "high southern", which, as someone pointed out, is mostly Savannah. Quick, what's the correct way to pronounce "Talliaferro"?

This. The accent where I'm from (South west Georgia) is vastly different from the central Tennessee area. My voice has a thick component to it, but it's mostly due to slurring my words. When you start to get toward the Appalachians, then it rounds out into that classical "HOWDY YALL" Paula Deen-esque voice. I cannot pronounce the word "Hickory" correctly (Hic-Kory). I say "Hick. Ry." I leave off that 'o' sound.

When you move out towards Alabama and Mississippi, it sort of flattens out, and then you have Texas with it's drawwwwlll.

As for what does it for me? A really deep rural British. (Somewhere between RP and a bit of cockney.) or a nice guttural Russian. Fuck yeah.

There's a certain kind of high-class southern accent that sets me off in a bad way. My boyfriend used to troll the hell out of me with that, he does a dead-on impression of it. (Do not react to regular southern accents though.)

Really noticeable Midwestern accents invariably make my day better, I find them terribly funny even as a Midwesterner myself. Fargo kind of overdoes it but I did once encounter a woman whose accent was nearly as extreme, that immediately became the best day.

Got no accent fetishes though.

DONTCHA KNOW. *Ducks*

In Soviet Russia, accent has you.

Also British. <3

>>Ahnold
>>German

.-.

Ahnold is Austrian. <:

Tänk juu veri mats. Kiitos paljon. :V

Perkele....

Last edited:

Icen

Poisonous Plant Woman
German. Oh man. German accents make me melt. <3 Especially if they come from a big burly German man. >3

OTHER THAN THAT accents are just cool and interesting in general.

Cult

I don't want to live forever
Oh, crap! I can't believe I forgot Jamaican

Crossdog367

I love a lot of British accents. Lowclass, posh, whatever. Got lucky enough to date someone from the UK, too. That voice makes my day.

Also, French girls.

angrynorsky

There's a certain kind of high-class southern accent that sets me off in a bad way. My boyfriend used to troll the hell out of me with that, he does a dead-on impression of it. (Do not react to regular southern accents though.)

Really noticeable Midwestern accents invariably make my day better, I find them terribly funny even as a Midwesterner myself. Fargo kind of overdoes it but I did once encounter a woman whose accent was nearly as extreme, that immediately became the best day.

Got no accent fetishes though.

That's awesome. I'm from Fargo and people tell me all the time that we sound like Sarah Palin. Which is sadly true. XD

As for me, give me a nice, broad Aussie accent and I'm your girl.