• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What accents do you enjoy?

Goronian

Sarcastic idealist
I like your southern accents... The stereotypical ones. Also, northern English, the kind the ninth Doctor has. God, this is like music to my ears.

Also, Spanish accents. That goes both for spanglish and for people just talking in Spanish. Wanted to learn it, but decided to say "fuck it" to the Russian education system, before I had the chance to. I really-really want to learn Finnish one day. It just sounds so... Fantasy-ish. Don't know, how to describe it.

I also love how English and American accents, when it comes to Russian. Wouldn't say you're all that appealing, but fun to listen nonetheless. Also, I kind of like the formal "church" Russian, even though I hate Russian Orthodox Church with a burning passion.

My own accent is quite bad, but I'm working on it.

Neirus

Call me Nezzi!
Definately Irish, such an awesome accent.
Although I do occationally like being English and having said accent, just because it makes me sound like I'm smarter than I am... sometimes. :V

Neirus

Call me Nezzi!
Aaah noo. I have a relatively posh accent to where I live.
I'm all about speaking correctly, makes me sick with how some of the people from where I live speak, damn chav's.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
Aaah noo. I have a relatively posh accent to where I live.
I'm all about speaking correctly, makes me sick with how some of the people from where I live speak, damn chav's.

I know that feel. There's times when I have to ask people to repeat what they said because they botched the English language so badly. Back when I was in school: "Ayy shawty, you got a dolla' fo' me?" Um. What.

Tango

*drinking your brain juices*
I know that feel. There's times when I have to ask people to repeat what they said because they botched the English language so badly. Back when I was in school: "Ayy shawty, you got a dolla' fo' me?" Um. What.

Yeah, I ask people that talk like that if they've run out of English and need to borrow some of mine.

Viridis

I think Russian accents are pretty cool.

In the PacNW, we have the pretty standard American accent, but where I'm at there's a rather specific one. It has no name, but is made up of poor grammar, contractions of multiple words, and colloquial terms. I've never heard it anywhere else, but if you try to speak in a lazy manner or you are on muscle relaxants, it gets pretty similar to a Northern British accent.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Surprised nobody's said this one yet, but I loooo~ove accents people from sub-Saharan Africa tend to have (people who speak languages like, say, Xhosa).
I guess I'm also a fan of Russian (the rolled r's and the way you lick the l's off the bottoms of your front teeth), but in terms of native English accents, I'd definitely have to go with Scottish Highlands (the kind that's 90% Gaelic and hence nearly impossible to understand if you didn't grow up there).
My accent (midwestern American) is super boring. It's the quintessential American accent, spoken by people who eat meat and potatoes and go to church on Sundays.

Dude... maybe a fun game thread would be for people to post samples of their voices and accents. Like everybody reads the same sentence into a microphone and uploads it. Has that been done yet?

Viridis

Dude... maybe a fun game thread would be for people to post samples of their voices and accents. Like everybody reads the same sentence into a microphone and uploads it. Has that been done yet?

I don't think anyone has yet. Sounds like it would be cool though.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
My accent (midwestern American) is super boring. It's the quintessential American accent, spoken by people who eat meat and potatoes and go to church on Sundays.

Hey, not all Midwestern accents are boring.

Take for example, the extremely thick Ohio accent used by the Irate Gamer, whose show I do not recommend, for the record, but I do recommend the slew of videos mocking him. Like one of the videos said, Sonic turns into a "werewoof?" "Did this guy take English lessons from Tommy Pickles?"

His accent can definitely can make you "fustrated!"

It's been done on the Internet... but it would make a very fun FA Meme.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
My dad has the Pittsburgh accent. "Go wush your clothes by the crick."

It's the most rednecky Northern accent ever.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
RayO_ElGatubelo said:
Hey, not all Midwestern accents are boring.
Well, I used the word 'midwestern' because it isn't an Ohio accent, it isn't a Chicago accent, a Minnesota accent, or anything else. It's what I believe you referred to in your audio clip as 'a boring Omaha accent', which is also spoken across most of the midwest and southwest.

Aaaaaaand... I did it guys!
Very nice.

Omg Russian. I loves me a big sexy man with a Russian accent. <3333