• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are good sites to go to where i can chat and talk with other furries about anything?

ReeseCapeesh

Furry Weeaboo
So.... i tried going to meetups but it seems like their not super frequent and they usually all the way across the city. I'm looking for a way to daily or weekly talk with and make friends with other furs, and obviously the internet is what we have at our disposal 24/7. i tend to be at my best when i get to interact with other people and chat.
i had a time in my life in middle school where i swear I was a hermit, but the catch was, i was CONSTANTLY chatting and having fun with my friends on deviantART. So..... yeah i feel best when I'm with people in some form. I honestly want to make new friends, and living close by me is as plus. So far I only know of 2 other furries in my town, and one new fur like me at my community college.
I live in Sugar Land, TX if anyone wants to shout out. I joined Telegram and there are local groups, but Texas and even Houston itself are huge. Its not fast going places. So if i cant find any people around me some way, I want to just talk to people online.
maybe that is to just start answering questions on this forum? idk. But i am really enjoying talking in these forums for one. I love large voice chats, but its annoying in discord groups when trolls frequently show up or it gets really quiet and boring and people are like in the voice chat playing a video game and they're more focused on the game than the voice chat. All you hear are exclamations about their game and whenever something happens.
I like to talk, i'm very deep and spiritual, i can talk about serious and dark stuff. big conversations excite me! being AFK in the chat and people being distracted by other stuff are annoying. A lot of people i meet are gamers but i'm just an artist. People sometimes want to invite me to a game but they'd have to support me most of the game cause i'm so bad. I just like to talk about ideas and artsy stuff.
If you guys have any ideas let me know!

ReeseCapeesh

Furry Weeaboo
If I want to be social with other furries and I can't go to meetups, Discord and Furcadia are where I go!
I already use discord, but I have yet to try furcadia. I’ve heard of it before. Simulations and games are nice cause I find it’s easier to approach specific people who I can look at their avatar and not address everyone in chat or whoever is online. I sometimes get anxiety on discord cause I don’t know what to say. There are no posts to reply to. You either start a new convo or comment about the last thing said. Big chats are overwhelming.... I like that different servers have organized categories though. I like this game called VRchat, and I play on my desktop. There are some furry groups there but I can’t seem to find them. I’ve been some furry worlds too, but I’d have to be on when 1. More furs are online and 2. When there are more English speakers playing. And the US players seem to like to play at night but I like to get on earlier in the day. ;w;
So am I allowed to just chat in furcadia? I feel like some site I go, I just wanna talk and there’s like this unspoken rule of RP ONLYYYY. Like, I really liked feral heart for a while but no one seems to want to talk, only rp. I think I might have been requesting a weird fandom rp.... so maybe I’ll go back and try to chat with ppl. Idk.
I just wanna make FRIIIIEEEEENDSSSSS

N

Nonamenoname

Just go into FA, clic a random submission, then write in a shout "Do you want to be my furfriend?" followed by the characters :3

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
I seen most furries hang out on discord.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I already use discord, but I have yet to try furcadia. I’ve heard of it before. Simulations and games are nice cause I find it’s easier to approach specific people who I can look at their avatar and not address everyone in chat or whoever is online. I sometimes get anxiety on discord cause I don’t know what to say. There are no posts to reply to. You either start a new convo or comment about the last thing said. Big chats are overwhelming.... I like that different servers have organized categories though. I like this game called VRchat, and I play on my desktop. There are some furry groups there but I can’t seem to find them. I’ve been some furry worlds too, but I’d have to be on when 1. More furs are online and 2. When there are more English speakers playing. And the US players seem to like to play at night but I like to get on earlier in the day. ;w;
So am I allowed to just chat in furcadia? I feel like some site I go, I just wanna talk and there’s like this unspoken rule of RP ONLYYYY. Like, I really liked feral heart for a while but no one seems to want to talk, only rp. I think I might have been requesting a weird fandom rp.... so maybe I’ll go back and try to chat with ppl. Idk.
I just wanna make FRIIIIEEEEENDSSSSS
I run a small dream (the user-created mini-worlds in Furcadia) and Discord server called Club Nocturne. Everyone in there is really nice! Furcadia has a lot of chat, not just RP. It takes a few minutes, hours, or days to get used to the diagonal controls, but it's worth it! Add me @ Kwye Kwye and Zyn Bells and I'll answer any questions you have!

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
You can prob try looking at the "groups"
Userpage of FA-groups -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

You can post a comment on a journal of a group you like.
Might actually use the L4D2 section to find any furries, mind you some are 8 years old so I doubt it. So I'ma prob post on the forums instead.

I like this game called VRchat, and I play on my desktop. There are some furry groups there but I can’t seem to find them. I’ve been some furry worlds too, but I’d have to be on when 1. More furs are online and 2. When there are more English speakers playing. And the US players seem to like to play at night but I like to get on earlier in the day. ;w;
As someone who lives in the UK yet plays VRChat with an actual VR set, I can confirm there are some furry groups, but my anxiety ass never asked to join.
But I can also confirm that US nerds play very late for some reason, usually best on weekends to go furry friend hunting.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon

Might actually use the L4D2 section to find any furries, mind you some are 8 years old so I doubt it. So I'ma prob post on the forums instead.

I like this game called VRchat, and I play on my desktop. There are some furry groups there but I can’t seem to find them. I’ve been some furry worlds too, but I’d have to be on when 1. More furs are online and 2. When there are more English speakers playing. And the US players seem to like to play at night but I like to get on earlier in the day. ;w;
As someone who lives in the UK yet plays VRChat with an actual VR set, I can confirm there are some furry groups, but my anxiety ass never asked to join.
But I can also confirm that US nerds play very late for some reason, usually best on weekends to go furry friend hunting.

ReeseCapeesh

Furry Weeaboo
Just go into FA, clic a random submission, then write in a shout "Do you want to be my furfriend?" followed by the characters :3
Ohhhh laaawd x””DD
“OwO do u wan to be my fweind? RAWR ECKS DEE”

ReeseCapeesh

Furry Weeaboo
I run a small dream (the user-created mini-worlds in Furcadia) and Discord server called Club Nocturne. Everyone in there is really nice! Furcadia has a lot of chat, not just RP. It takes a few minutes, hours, or days to get used to the diagonal controls, but it's worth it! Add me @ Kwye Kwye and Zyn Bells and I'll answer any questions you have!
Yessss omg thank you soooo much fren

ReeseCapeesh

Furry Weeaboo

Okay! Haha thank you so much. Hmmm lol maybe I’ll make another post here on the forum asking for new friends and sharing my likes/dislikes xD haha. I really like this forum :3

ReeseCapeesh

Furry Weeaboo
How do I get into the discord server btw? My user is ReesyTaters #7337

Faexie

Rara for short :)
From my experience, it's easier to make friends on forums like this one, then chat with them on discord or telegram. I just take part in threads that interest me and make some myself every once in a while, and eventually I start to notice people whom I start to like, or people start to notice and like me.
I made some pretty good friends that way :)

You seem like an interesting person actually, mind if I pm you?