• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are some odd things that you do?

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I sleep and shower with my bracelets, rings, and necklaces on instead of taking them off. I literally never remove them unless it's absolutely required.

I've been wearing a sleipnir pendent a bit like this one ever since I watched Thor: Ragnarok in 2017. (Sleipnir is an eight legged horse and the offspring of Loki in Norse mythology.) I never take it off.

71XNKtXIzYL._AC_UY780_.jpg

Shane McNair

Ace Pilot
Sometimes, when I'm by myself, I'll practice trying to imitate the voices of certain actors or cartoon characters. I can actually do a pretty decent Hank Hill/Tom Anderson imitation.

"Yep, that's a mighty fine lookin' lawn, I tell ya hwut. That's a lawn that says 'this is the home of a respectable salesman of propane and propane accessories'."

I would really love to try voice acting some time, I think it would be fun.

the sleepiest kitty

FAF'S #1 shrimp goblin.
Sometimes, when I'm by myself, I'll practice trying to imitate the voices of certain actors or cartoon characters. I can actually do a pretty decent Hank Hill/Tom Anderson imitation.

"Yep, that's a mighty fine lookin' lawn, I tell ya hwut. That's a lawn that says 'this is the home of a respectable salesman of propane and propane accessories'."

That's an awesome talent you have there! Same here. My best voice impressions are Lois and Chris Griffin from Family Guy, Miss Swan from MadTV and Sheilah Brofloski from South Park. I can do Stewie Griffin's accent perfectly, but I'm not a guy, so I can't perfectly do his voice. But it sounds very close to it.

And I agree, as I also am interested in voice acting!

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
1. I often make noises; various forms of groaning, whining, or screeching. With little reason behind it.
2. If someone asks me a question I will occasionally respond with something that isn't supposed to be the answer; Example: How are you? Yep!
3. I blast music really loudly, and will use it as a form of communication with other people.
4. I occasionally get pent up energy and wander the house. My favorite hiding spot is under tables.
5. I clean when I'm feeling trapped or angry to spark a feeling of change in my environment.

K

KibaTheWolf

I've been wearing a sleipnir pendent a bit like this one ever since I watched Thor: Ragnarok in 2017. (Sleipnir is an eight legged horse and the offspring of Loki in Norse mythology.) I never take it off.

View attachment 113930
i do something alot like that, but with this Itachi ring i have, i also wear Yasaka beads and like never take them off, in honor of a non-existent being's death.................... im such a weirdo now that i think of it smh.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy

We would have been best friends in high school XD

I love King of the Hill. The characters are amazing.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I also enjoy making silly voices/impressions.

Talking to myself is something I usually get caught doing. I've recently taken to um... I don't know how to describe it. But whenever I think of something unpleasant I'll usually grumble about it aloud, almost like I'm denying it/arguing with someone. I usually just kept it in my head, but saying it out loud sometimes makes it easier for the poopy thoughts to go away sooner, and I feel like I can manage it/snap out of it easier.

I sleep funny. Sometimes it's like I'm trying to do a mid-air kungfu pose of some kind. Then other times I am cat, on my back with my wrists and elbows bent. Body bending to one side. If only I had someone to boop my head into at night. ;n;

ghammer

Sometimes I'll turn the shower on in the bathroom just to sit in a humid room then not actually take a shower. I try not to waste too much water but the steam helps calm me a lot.

M

Maverick.

I legit won't walk on the graves in a cemetary... all of my friends and the adults think it's silly and really stupid

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
While it's not what I can freely control, my voice is sometimes not mine!

I just go Raaarrgh when I'm too bored, and in random occasion of that moment, you'll hear at least two different voices fused in one shout... I'm so glad I have never shown this to anyone around, but only by telling. >p<

On the contrary, when I'm sleepy or am doing a stretch, occasionally, my voice become a kid voice that you'll only hear on TVs--like those shows exceptionally for kids, with dolls/character suits? I can't control this neither OwO...

And thirdly... who needs helium gas anyways? ÓwŌ

Lastly.... My friends tell me to stop moaning like AVs.. I.. I'm just yawning though??! OwO;;

But fortunately! I can (only) control meows! Meaaww~~ And yup! The natural one from actual cats! >w< Aaong, Aaou, Eh'aong, etc. (Cat cries do vary from cats to cats, but at least some of them cry so!)
This one is one of all my unusual voices that I'd hate to share the least UwU

Last edited:
M

Maverick.

When I see a friend (or ally) in the distance I'll start talking to another friend close by really loudly so the other one comes over and talks to me...

MemphisHyena

*old vine reference here*
sometimes if I'm too focused on something I'll forget to breathe??

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I have come up with names for some of the various squirrels, that come up under the bird feeder to nibble away at the bread and seeds there:

So far I have:

Tubby Squirrel: A grey squirrel who loves to eat...and is...robust in size.
Stripe Squirrel: The least shy of the grey squirrels, and who had a black 'stripe' at the base of his tail
Tinkerbell: A little black squirrel, with a wispy tail
Shimmer Squirrel" A squirrel whose coat is between black and grey, which gives it a kind of shimmery sheen
Big Black Squirrel...who has the bushiest tail of them all.

the sleepiest kitty

FAF'S #1 shrimp goblin.
I can't ever fall asleep if I am on my back. I always have to be on my side/stomach.

perkele

Bad Faith Argument
I type the time out in seconds on the michaelwave instead of pushing the "one minute" or "thirty second" buttons. So, I'll type "six zero" rather than push the single button.