• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are some things from the late 90s and early 2000s that bring you lots of great nostalgia ?

ArtGirl205

Also a big fan of the Joker
Finding prizes in your cereal.
Listening to CD's on loop until I pass out at night.
Pokemon cards (but not the popular kind, the ones that just had an image and some details on the back).
Ahh yes speaking of cds when I was 6 years old my father would put all my favourite songs on a disc and I'd listen to them at night on a cd player

Maur

Drunken Scum
Phone booths. My town had six of them: Two never worked, one was always vandalized and one often served as an abode for one of the (many) local crackheads lol

Oh, also Pogs!

Lexiand

Werewolf
These games
1622007253452.png

1622007293100.png

1622007312347.png
1622007346383.png

1622007398273.png

1622007432881.png
1622007467114.png

Lol did I post the Image for the HD version Of Ty 1? My bad. But it was still a early 2000s game.

Last edited:

Rayd

profound asshole
various gamecube, gameboy and original xbox games
vhs disney/pixar movies
crt televisions
cd players and ipods
stuffed animals
sunny days
school supplies
eating inside fast food establishments
"for kids" online mmos (roblox, wizard101, toontown, etc.)
adventure quest (the browser version, not the MMO)
world of warcraft
runescape
90's/00's rap, hip-hop and rock
any suburban neighborhood
various nickelodeon/cartoon network shows
dragonball z
funorb, armor games, addicting games, kongregate, stickpage, etc.
pivot animations, and stickman animations in general
boomerang, the classic cartoon network before they rebranded it
WWE
xbox 360, xbox live parties/lobbies, xbox avatars and characters, and the early xbox marketplace
any sort of pokemon product or merchandise
any sort of yugioh product or merchandise
the morning air, smell, chill, and sky
bakugans
beyblades
hot wheels
mighty beanz
legos
pigs in a blanket
chocolate croissants
before & after school routines
amusement parks
camping
the beach
fishing
board games
video stores
marbles
children's books
schools
snack cakes
candy
holiday spirit

yikes thats a long list. ill stop there.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Commo sense. And several sodas and ice creams that are no longer made.

Chomby

Can't always fill the void
Remember when if your soda bottle cap had the word "FREE" under it, you could take it to any store and get a free soda? I don't think that's a thing anymore. That's something I remember from my childhood.

Rayd

profound asshole
Remember when if your soda bottle cap had the word "FREE" under it, you could take it to any store and get a free soda? I don't think that's a thing anymore. That's something I remember from my childhood.
damn. i always wondered what that even was. i missed out on lots of free sodas. i remember that existing well into the late 00's.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Seeing those 'get a black gumball, get a free rental' things.

Fancy candy machines, like the ones that spiral down, or the candy gets scooped up and are sent through a series of slides and contraptions, usually getting stuck somewhere halfway through. XD

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
Funny, I just made a post talking about how I love 90s-2000s furry stuff. haha

I have a soft spot for those compact digital cameras that you find in thrift stores selling for $4 each. The terrible video and sound quality reminds me of when my siblings and I were young and recording dumb YouTube videos. I'm actually starting something of a collection for those now. Here's one I just bought off ebay a few days ago, a Nikon Coolpix L6:
nikon coolpix l6 01.jpgnikon coolpix l6 02.jpg

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
BEAST WARS

For the unfamiliar, it was this pseudo-furry-mecha show that ran from 1996-2000 (including the direct sequel, Beast Machines), that served as an indirect to the Original The Transformers (1984-87), about the time-travelling descendants of the original show.

I've been reading the anniversary comics as they've come out. They're fuckin good

#4 is in the post atm
STL184126.jpg

I've also been picking up the concurrently released anniversary figures. They're pretty good, even if Hasbro insists on filling half the series with regular transformers stuff (which is fine? But like, we already have tons of them, Beast wars barely gets any recognition despite saving the franchise in the late 90s)
1a5c36e23388b266792a267169b3eb68.jpg

There's like, a 1 season pseudo-remake of the original 90s show coming out on Netflix this summer, but without the original VAs it's gonna be weird as fuck.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
BEAST WARS

For the unfamiliar, it was this pseudo-furry-mecha show that ran from 1996-2000 (including the direct sequel, Beast Machines), that served as an indirect to the Original The Transformers (1984-87), about the time-travelling descendants of the original show.

I've been reading the anniversary comics as they've come out. They're fuckin good

#4 is in the post atm
View attachment 111293
I've also been picking up the concurrently released anniversary figures. They're pretty good, even if Hasbro insists on filling half the series with regular transformers stuff (which is fine? But like, we already have tons of them, Beast wars barely gets any recognition despite saving the franchise in the late 90s)
View attachment 111294
There's like, a 1 season pseudo-remake of the original 90s show coming out on Netflix this summer, but without the original VAs it's gonna be weird as fuck.
Update because I just needed to post this

I saw a preview and I cannot wait for #4 to arrive now lmao
FB_IMG_1622075567945.jpg

220.jpg

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Cds, pokemon cards, and prime nicktoon shows like the Wild Thornberries, Rocket Power, Rugrats, and Rockos Modern Life