• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are sounds/noises that you can't absolutely STAND?

B

blue sky love

I hate the sound of those industrial fire alarms. We have them here at the group home and at 3 am it went off and it was
L O U D. I screamed, jumped out of bed and hit my face against my bookcase; knocking it over!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Bernie Sanders' voice is pretty awful to listen to.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Finger-snapping is annoying. One of the new hires does it while walking around, and it's obnoxious.

Last edited:

EmmyCatto

I don’t use this site anymore
Kind of specific music-related one, but scraping a violin bow below the bridge in the section closest to the tailpiece. It makes a sound comparable to nails on a chalkboard to me.

Lunneus

Perpetually Tired
I can't stand knocking on the door and children crying. Or people crying loudly. It's such an irritating sound like ugh.
and the knocking thing is especially bad when there's a doorbell right. there.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I can't stand knocking on the door and children crying. Or people crying loudly. It's such an irritating sound like ugh.
and the knocking thing is especially bad when there's a doorbell right. there.

...what would people think if you had a doorbell that made a knocking sound?

There's this guy that lives in my apartment complex and his truck is the worst.

Every morning, he leaves at around 7:00 to go to work or whatever, and the minute he starts his truck, his muffler goes PPPPPPPBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLTTTTTT!

Normally I don't mind that much, but when I'm trying to sleep in on my days off.............oof.

There's this guy that lives in my apartment complex and his truck is the worst.

Every morning, he leaves at around 7:00 to go to work or whatever, and the minute he starts his truck, his muffler goes PPPPPPPBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLTTTTTT!

Normally I don't mind that much, but when I'm trying to sleep in on my days off.............oof.
That reminds me, my neighbors have a motorboat that they like to fuck with every now and again, and it really annoys me whenever they run the fricking engine. It's always when I'm trying to take a nap!

Also, don't you all just hate how chainsaws sound like? Or weed whackers?

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
This will sound hypocritical but I can not stand repeatative belching.

Do not get me wrong, a powerful, earthquaking belch is something to respect but tiny belch every 5 minutes is getting annoying.

Low battery smoke detector had one outside my room in fraternity for over month:mad: