• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are The Best Ways You Deal And Get Rid Of Gaming Rage?

Notkastar

Notka- What?
The type of Rage that come with almost every online experience, The frustration that comes with trying to beat that one unforgiving stage you where sure you'd nail that time or The sheer torture that comes with trying to hit that perfect in game to get an item, achievement or etc.

Yeah that sort of Rage every person who's played a game could relate too. ( ;~▽~)
What are your best ways dealing and getting rid of it so when you get back to the game your ready to attack it without having that sorta rage getting in the way?

For me personally, I'd take a minute away from the game and watch a video or two till I end up forgetting what I was mad about. What about you? =)

Last edited:

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
I don't rage much, but when I do it's nothing crazy. A "C'mon!" here, a "Ugh!" there. I'm not sure if it's a breathing technique for calming yourself, but I inhale deeply through the mouth then exhale through the nose and remind myself that I welcome the challenge.

I mostly laugh when I play online at other people raging. Except in MvC3 where every team has a fucking Setinel that uses the same cookie cutter combos ^^

Notkastar

Notka- What?
I don't rage much, but when I do it's nothing crazy. A "C'mon!" here, a "Ugh!" there. I'm not sure if it's a breathing technique for calming yourself, but I inhale deeply through the mouth then exhale through the nose and remind myself that I welcome the challenge.

I mostly laugh when I play online at other people raging. Except in MvC3 where every team has a fucking Setinel that uses the same cookie cutter combos ^^

You really shouldn't play Skullgirl quick matches,
It's ether a Band and Peacock ranging you out to the point where you can't do anything or Eliza and Fillia with there over head shenanigans ~ ~)

And same goes for me.
I don't start throwing things when I lose a match but, there are some time I go into a game just to feel far more saltier coming out of it then going in. Made this thread to discuss idea of how to de-saltify after something like that lol n_n

Good tip btw,
Had to use that myself when I dumb enough to try a Melody's Escape Perfect Run
That "game" is just the worst when it trying to do that one song you love
T_T) Perfectly

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
I basically don't play games that would make me rage. I don't avoid them deliberately. Just over time my interests have shifted towards more sandbox-style games that don't have any rage-inducing elements.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Ragequitting calmly works the best in suffocating the urge to punch the keyboard for me

Txtbooksh

Pandog
There are certain games I find that I rage at. Destiny is a big one for me, ESPECIALLY when I play at the Crucible. I've not played that game in awhile since Tom Clancy's The Division came out in the shops but even that game I'm starting to rage at. If my raging becomes too much, I just turn off the console. xD

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I hope these aren't methods you use during online games of the co-op variety :|
Co-op games are very rarely as frustrating. Usually just happens in competitive games

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ

DarkJesture

That 1 guy...
I hop on COD and tell people 20 years older than me that I fucked their mom to suppress the deep sadness growing inside me.

I usually just start blasting music, put on a "I don't care" attitude, and just mess around. Half the time it somehow fixes my K/D on games like CS:GO.

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
I find mining on peaceful in Minecraft to be very relaxing. I don't usually play things that cause me to rage, but things happen. Just mindlessly digging my way into oblivion helps me calm down.

I actually embrace my failures and laugh at myself for dying in so many different ways. I find the ragdoll mechanic after death in games hilarious. And I find enjoyment with games that really challenge you and threaten you with death, like ridiculous enemy count in games like Serious Sam.

Something must be wrong with me....

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
It's simple - play a single player game.

DylanM40

Photographer
Reading the posts guess everyone had own way doing things. Personally I play as many rage games as I can, find them fun and challenging, along with online games where I go against other players. Used to rage on these kinda games when I was younger but I no longer do. More or less over time learn to control my emotions bit better than the rest of my family.

shapeless0ne

it's a moth! it a dragon! no, it's a avali boi!
oh I try different things I mostly just leave, but other times I go out to world chat and troll the shit out of any idiots who are dumb enough to spout there drama on chat.

Raptorwhack

Raptors are in need of whacking
The type of Rage that come with almost every online experience, The frustration that comes with trying to beat that one unforgiving stage you where sure you'd nail that time or The sheer torture that comes with trying to hit that perfect in game to get an item, achievement or etc.

Yeah that sort of Rage every person who's played a game could relate too. ( ;~▽~)
What are your best ways dealing and getting rid of it so when you get back to the game your ready to attack it without having that sorta rage getting in the way?

For me personally, I'd take a minute away from the game and watch a video or two till I end up forgetting what I was mad about. What about you? =)
I'm just not an angry person. The last time I got genuinely angry was last week on ssx tricky on ps2, and then only for a second. My best advice is to just let it slide and get wrapped up in just the enjoyment of the game.

Cannabiskitty

To Kill the Child; to Set the Adult Free
The best way to stop being pissed off at a game is to put down the controller and simply give up.

ItzRiley

Staying in the Shadows
Best way to control rage? easy. Put down ur controller, Turn off ur console or PC and play the F#ck this S#!T I'M OUT SONG :p

hi12541

Besides getting up and leaving said game. I have found that is I chew gum or just eat or drink a food I tend not to get quite as angry. The most frustrating game I have ever played is Jak 2. It takes a lot of time practice and lots of freaking luck.

Cannabiskitty

To Kill the Child; to Set the Adult Free
You know not the horror of Sonic the Hedgehog. Now I'm not talking about the awesome Sonic games. I'm talking about the game that was released in 2006 on ps3 and 360 that had Sonic rescuing a human princess from the clutches of Dr. "Eggman" *shudders* and basically played like the worst thing ever. That game. That game is the stuff of nightmares. It's just.. so bad.