• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are the disadvantages of your fursona?

MadKiyo

Furry from the discount section
He has a big pair of wings, which can't be good for navigating through a place with tables that have delicate objects such as glasses on the edge (because they will be knocked off)
Also, having wings makes clothes difficult.

Folding them in would drastically reduce your profile, even if they stick out a little it's not that much different than having a bit of width.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Mine is more or less an internal Interpretation of myself, spruced up with some fur and ancient mythology.
So pretty much, every flaw I have, so does my sona.

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
As Axis is a deer who stands at 6'3'' excluding his antlers, you could imagine getting through doorways would be a pain for him.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Jin is pretty overweight and bulky (153 kg), his wingspan roughly 350 cm, and his tail around 250 cm, sooo... there'd be lots of problems with :
  • wearing clothes (especially pants LOL)
  • being in crowded areas
  • getting through a door
  • taking a seat
  • playing hide-and-seek LOL
  • staying hidden/undetected for surprise/sneak attacks and assassinations
  • dodging attacks
  • pretty much all other daily activities LOL

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:confused:

Me: Species: Celestial Bird (Type unknown)

Hard to eat do large beak.

Constant fear of Larger more predatory birds or cats.

Eating eggs because that's a fellow bird in there.

Feathers and talons being stuck in clothing.

:confused:

Last edited:

biscuitfister

Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?
my fursonas disadvantageous are being to smart for there own good with todays army

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Some furs have assumed dragons naturally like to eat other furs... I also had furs throw marshmallows at me expecting I could cook them ^^
That was funny...
What kind of self-respecting dragon doesn't breathe fire...? even frost dragons breathe fire, it just happens to be fire so cold it burns...

SSJ3Mewtwo

1451734114.ssj3mewtwo_danielsfw.png

It took a long time to consider what features and such I considered nifty and expressive.

Buuuuuuut...

Not gonna deny that having so many specific features incorporated (the extra arms, all the plates on the body, etc) makes it a difficult character for artists to render. So artwork of the character tends to be a bit more expensive (some artists charge more for stuff like extra limbs, wings, and the like), and other artists just don't like tackling something like it at all.

SavannaEGoth

Some starving artist or whatever
Not gonna deny that having so many specific features incorporated (the extra arms, all the plates on the body, etc) makes it a difficult character for artists to render. So artwork of the character tends to be a bit more expensive (some artists charge more for stuff like extra limbs, wings, and the like), and other artists just don't like tackling something like it at all.

I think your design's hella! :'0 Too bad about those artist rates, though. I think getting to draw/own a character with features like that would be hella fun. A break in the monotony, you know? That, and I'm a sucker for Mewtwo. . . >A>'

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Y
1451734114.ssj3mewtwo_danielsfw.png

It took a long time to consider what features and such I considered nifty and expressive.

Buuuuuuut...

Pretty sure my new avatar would be difficult to ask artists to draw as well. the weapons are just accessories he uses in rp threads, though his younger version usually hid his wings under his vest because he didn't fly very often.

Mobius

Mech pilot.
He's just a regular dog in a mech suit, so he's incapable of linguistic vocalization and has to resort to text-to-speech via neural interface.

liizardman

He's just a regular dog in a mech suit, so he's incapable of linguistic vocalization and has to resort to text-to-speech via neural interface.
His name wouldn't happen to be Snowball, would it?

Follow up: How often is that joke made?

ExtinguishedHope

I lost my sock
She's a hyena, so there's the species stereotype that she's crazy and whatnot. But as an individual, she's really blunt, and that's not always likable.

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl
Well, as an owl, he doesn't exactly have fully pose-able lips, so he wouldn't be able to speak in such a way that would be familiar to most people. Also, since owls have their eyes fixed into their head, he has to move his head whenever he wants to look at something.

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Well, as an owl, he doesn't exactly have fully pose-able lips, so he wouldn't be able to speak in such a way that would be familiar to most people. Also, since owls have their eyes fixed into their head, he has to move his head whenever he wants to look at something.
but owls can turn their heads 360 degrees, and creep people the fuck out doing it. I don't consider that a disadvantage.

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl
but owls can turn their heads 360 degrees, and creep people the fuck out doing it. I don't consider that a disadvantage.
Actually, it's not a full 360, but more around 270-ish degrees and while yes that is quite an advantage, just think about how much you just move your eyes to look at something and realize that, as an owl, you have to physically move your head every time.