• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Stratelier

Beat a few training missions in MVC3 and then decided to do some real battles in Arcade mode. Team: Amaterasu, Dante, and Rocket Raccoon.

I like some of the character-specific lines, like Rocket asking Wesker "What's this I hear about a 'Raccoon City'?", Dormammu telling Dante to "go back to fighting Mundus, boy", and -- when I finally made it to the boss level -- Galactus asking Amaterasu "If you be a god, what then is Galactus?".

Battles get pretty brutal pretty fast. I'm decent on offense but defense is a problem, especially counters.

Has its moments, though. In one match, I managed to take out Phoenix even during her Super Mode, and the battle right before Galactus I ended with a (very satisfying) Team Hyper Combo.

. . . That'll be enough brawling for a day or two. First strategic lesson learned: When the current opponent is low on HP, try to finish them off before they can switch out to heal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Beat a few training missions in MVC3 and then decided to do some real battles in Arcade mode. Team: Amaterasu, Dante, and Rocket Raccoon.

I like some of the character-specific lines, like Rocket asking Wesker "What's this I hear about a 'Raccoon City'?", Dormammu telling Dante to "go back to fighting Mundus, boy", and -- when I finally made it to the boss level -- Galactus asking Amaterasu "If you be a god, what then is Galactus?".

Battles get pretty brutal pretty fast. I'm decent on offense but defense is a problem, especially counters.

Has its moments, though. In one match, I managed to take out Phoenix even during her Super Mode, and the battle right before Galactus I ended with a (very satisfying) Team Hyper Combo.

. . . That'll be enough brawling for a day or two. First strategic lesson learned: When the current opponent is low on HP, try to finish them off before they can switch out to heal.

another nice thing to do is wait for them to switch out then kill the other character who switched out by punishing the tag. also CPUs aren't really a way to practice, doing training mode and learning stuff there is better, and online even if crappy is better than cpus as well.

I have been playing the skullgirls beta on steam learning double again and my shitty little jump loop that has fun little vortexes in it.

Zuranis

BioShock. I bought the bundle of Bio 1 & 2 cause I want to play them - I'm curious as to what the fuss about BioShock Infinite is about.
I'm only like 10 minutes in and I'm already being served a huge dish of "What the actual fuck."

Stratelier

also CPUs aren't really a way to practice, doing training mode and learning stuff there is better, and online even if crappy is better than cpus as well.
CPU's do fall for some stupid tricks, I agree. They always seem to jump into Ammy's Power Slash as the parchment floats down to the ground, and Rocket's double Spitfire (one level followed by one upwards) seems to catch them almost every time.

But there's only so much practice you can get against a dummy opponent....

Tactical lesson learned: The R2 button, which has the same effect as hitting all three attack buttons simultaneously, exists to make accessing your Hyper Combos (and other higher-level moves) easier. You can stop trying to mash multiple buttons simultaneously now.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
CPU's do fall for some stupid tricks, I agree. They always seem to jump into Ammy's Power Slash as the parchment floats down to the ground, and Rocket's double Spitfire (one level followed by one upwards) seems to catch them almost every time.

But there's only so much practice you can get against a dummy punching bag...
well you can learn combos and there's also a very good recording option that you can use to learn what to do in certain situations. cause the thing is you can make them not punching bags and make them do certain things. also with the amount of comboability in marvel there's way more you can do in against a punching, just always try to continue your hit, with asists and and lots of other things every one has touch off death combos.
One thing i do is always set their ground and air techs to random, with this you can practice doing resets. i think you can also set blocking to random and practice doing strings and learning when to confirm them being hit or not. also you can set them to jump to learn how to start combos from a different position. With the recording button you can set them to do certain things and learn how to get past it or punish it.

also cpus are very dumb they can't even really do the most basic full combos. and on the harder difficultly they just randomly let you hit them and it's not about the strings you do.
There is also online which is a step up from cpus, though it's still not optimle.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
[video=youtube;idheGtky7os]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idheGtky7os[/video]

The words translate to "Fun is infinite -Satanas"
MUST SEE WIF MY OWN DAMN EYES
[yt]48_S5WpHIXE[/yt]
Sonic's an asshole.

Stratelier

i think you can also set blocking to random and practice doing strings and learning when to confirm them being hit or not.
I've noticed that in Mission mode they tend to block a lot of things outside of what your actual objective is, which provides a good cue when you just weren't fast enough inputting the commands. Sheesh, the timing required for some of these is brutal ... my only complaint about the Mission objectives is that there's no lifebars to show you just how much damage your chain hyper combo did to them.

I do like how most characters have more or less the same inputs for special moves (quarter circle forward or back, Shoryuken forward or back) combo setups, like Light > Medium > Heavy > Special > Aerial Light > Medium > Heavy > Spike.

And as much as Rocket Raccoon is a fun guy to play, Phoenix Wright is downright hilarious. When slipping on a banana peel is a viable Medium attack and his version of projectile spam is to fling paperwork at the opponent....

Oh and speaking of projectiles Arthur is totally a spammer on that front. You name it, he throws it.

Percy

o-o
I bought Kerbal Space Program. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I bet that makes it that much better.

King conker

Steam is having some amazing sales atm. I purchased several things but realy have been getting into.

Dust: An Elysian tale and Killing floor.

Stratelier

I'm happy for you. Honestly. I remember my first time [with FFVII] ~
So do I. Played a demo version of the PC port. Sure, the 3D graphics were decent for the time but for some strange reason the static 2D backgrounds were completely scrambled image noise.

It broke my interest in Final Fantasy faster than a Dispel knocking Gilgamesh's spells down a peg.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
I've noticed that in Mission mode they tend to block a lot of things outside of what your actual objective is, which provides a good cue when you just weren't fast enough inputting the commands. Sheesh, the timing required for some of these is brutal ... my only complaint about the Mission objectives is that there's no lifebars to show you just how much damage your chain hyper combo did to them.

I do like how most characters have more or less the same inputs for special moves (quarter circle forward or back, Shoryuken forward or back) combo setups, like Light > Medium > Heavy > Special > Aerial Light > Medium > Heavy > Spike.

And as much as Rocket Raccoon is a fun guy to play, Phoenix Wright is downright hilarious. When slipping on a banana peel is a viable Medium attack and his version of projectile spam is to fling paperwork at the opponent....

Oh and speaking of projectiles Arthur is totally a spammer on that front. You name it, he throws it.

in training mode you can set them to auto block and they will do the same thing. also the best mission for any character is mission 5, the rest are either too small or require specific characters in order to work.
one important trick to doing combos if you keep doing it to late is to buffer the move and don't wait for your current moves to end, eventually it will require inputting a move before the current move is technically even hitting.

also here are some projectiles for you:
[video=youtube;CN5EOtt79r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN5EOtt79r8[/video]

For something else, hotline miami is really fun just started it.

Tao

Hare Boi
I'm having some fun in TERA! I love dragoons and polearms so of course I'm playing lancer! Only level 30 right now, but I'm working hard :p

Stratelier

one important trick to doing combos if you keep doing it to late is to buffer the move and don't wait for your current moves to end, eventually it will require inputting a move before the current move is technically even hitting.
Not working. Maybe the buffer period is not long enough but there are several times when the current move has a relatively long recovery, and I just can't seem to get the timing right to chain the next one into it at all. Too slow and it's not a combo (the opponent blocks it), too fast and it just doesn't happen at all.

Gumshoe

I have actually been getting into the puzzle/mystery genres (which I am quite sure that under five percent of the earth's population would be interested by). I have been playing games like Professor Layton and Pheonix wright, both of which I do enjoy very much so far.

ShadowedIrises

I have actually been getting into the puzzle/mystery genres (which I am quite sure that under five percent of the earth's population would be interested by). I have been playing games like Professor Layton and Pheonix wright, both of which I do enjoy very much so far.

I adore Professor Layton games. Guess I'm a part of that <5%. ^^

Other than that, mostly just the Sims, CoD and Pokemon. :3

Trying to go through Sine Mora again to see if it's really just me being too used to Cave and Konami. But no. This game is just terribly made. Further cementing my already air tight disdain for putting story FIRST in video games. The rest of the game (at least what I want to enjoy) suffers from putting to great a focus on too little an important factor. That and pumping too much money into graphics. It's a tedious endeavor and a padded one. So many laws of the genre SHATTERED in this mess of a game. Simple crap that everyone else understands but this dev.

To think this got it's critical acclaim over Akai Katana, a marvelous far better playing game made by iron clad ace veterans of the genre.
And the director of the game actually came to a forum I go to just to spit in our faces. Saying that our critiques of the game before it was released were tossed to the side because it would have made a different game that wouldn't get the mainstream audience (as if it did anyway lol). Jimquisition talked about this "broader audience" horsecock. :I

Seekrit

Cave Story+ for the third time. Gatdang I love me some Cave Story.

Been playing a spot of Trials Evolution too. So simple, so fun, so FRUSTRATING AS HELL.