• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Warframe I spent some time getting more of the item I need for my frame, not sure that I want to make it though.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Wind Wanker HD

Stratelier

So I broke into Skyrim yesterday. Some of the highlights:
- Chose a Khajiit as a character. Since they have claws that do 15 points damage, I've been fighting mostly unarmed for the first few dungeons (seriously, if it's measured on the same scale, Khajiit claws are about the same as an ordinary steel greatsword). But it IS a shame there aren't any perks for fighting barehanded....
- Generally able to one-shot wolves barehanded. I've also hunted down a fox and rabbit.
- So far specializing in Sneak, Archery, and a little magic. Haven't invested in any Perks yet, saving up for the bow zoom and extra arrow damage while sneaking perks.
- Approaching Bleak Falls Barrow, got in a major bow-and-arrow fight with the bandits. Kept moving, picked my shots carefully, and basically every arrow that landed near me I picked up & shot back.
- Got arrested and fined (5G) for picking the lock on a merchant's display case in Whiterun (I didn't take anything, just unlocked the case). Darn it, got a little sloppy there, I didn't realize I had been seen....
- Slew the first dragon solely using bow and arrows. Yeah, as if I'm going to go claw-to-claw with THAT guy...
- Ran afoul of some wandering "Imperial" thugs trying to bully 100G off travelers. Yeah, right, guys. I definitely couldn't take the three of them at once, but next time things will be different...
- Took out one of the bandit camps near Whiterun almost completely undetected. Their first guy I put down with just two arrows, never saw me. The next room had three (with one mage and a Bandit Chief) so it was trickier, but I dropped two of the oil lamps hanging from the ceiling and that by itself nearly cleared the room. Best part was I was hiding in a dark corner, bow and arrow drawn when the three of them come running up the tunnel checking for intruders ... literally within 5 feet of me and still they don't detect me.
- Ran afoul of two Giants near a bonfire NW of Whiterun. I was wondering if they were hostile at all, but then they chose to attack. Man those guys have a lot of HP. I must've ticked off one of their Mammoths at some point because it came after me too. Fled to the nearest rocky terrain I could find (no matter that it's a bandit camp, those giants sprint fast so the only way to flee them is via difficult terrain) so I can whittle them down with arrows. It took all night, but they finally went down.
- Accidentally got a 1000G bounty in the Rift for murder of a certain NPC. What happened was there was a wandering troll at about the same time they were passing through the area, so it diverted its attention from me to them, and in the ensuing fight I must've torched them along with the troll. (It was killing them anyway.) So when the Ivesgard guards suddenly attack me I was a bit confused. One of them attempted to arrest me (choices: jail or fight) but Lydia killed that guard while we were in parlay (seriously, the dialogue prompt was still onscreen while I was trying to figure out "what the hell is going on here?") and then another guard took me out. Well, at least I have one autosave from before that point....

Now I have noticed something interesting about the introductory level in Helgen: One of the reasons the first thing you do is flee inside the tower and wait for Alduin to smash a hole in it is so that the developers can replace the undamaged Helgen exterior with an on-fire-partially-destroyed Helgen exterior. And the trip through Helgen Keep is for similar reasons -- it also gives you your first dungeon to crawl through. I actually wandered my way back into Helgen instead of proceeding to Riverwood at first, and that's where I figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I decided to try LOZ a link to the past....pretty enjoyable

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Payday2.
Got to infamy tier2 bitchezz money woo

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Payday2.
Got to infamy tier2 bitchezz money woo
I got Payday 2 on sale a week ago but my computer can't handle it and the delay on the controls makes it unplayable for me atm.

It's a massive bastard because i know it's the kind of game i'd really enjoy if i could actually play it.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I got Payday 2 on sale a week ago but my computer can't handle it and the delay on the controls makes it unplayable for me atm.

It's a massive bastard because i know it's the kind of game i'd really enjoy if i could actually play it.
Dumb suggestion, but set your settings as low as they go and drop resolution too. If that doesn't help, get a new toaster. The game runs on a potato, or at least should.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Dumb suggestion, but set your settings as low as they go and drop resolution too. If that doesn't help, get a new toaster. The game runs on a potato, or at least should.
I did that immediately but it only made it slightly better and my toaster is brand new and can handle everything i've thrown at it so far with ease.

Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game would help, the framerate's fucked and there's about a 1-2 second delay between when you press a key and when something actually happens on screen.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Worth a try. If you can run Ps2 (amazing game btw) you sure as shit should be able to play Pd2

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
As far as Payday's concerned, the game's not the most optimized out there. My machine is pretty good, but I still get a quarter-second, half-second delay from time to time (and framerate's spotty to begin with), and at the worst moments. I would say it's partially his machine, but also kind of the game's fault for not conserving more resources at the lowest settings. There's not much difference between the graphical settings as far as I can tell, and that's part of the problem. Really, a few less polygons, a little blurrier for superior gameplay? No-brainer to me.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
It's just weird. I'm running it on an older box with ease, no lag of any kind, and planetside is far more demanding

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Worth a try. If you can run Ps2 (amazing game btw) you sure as shit should be able to play Pd2
All right, i'll uninstall it and see if it does anything.

If you ever want a game of Planetside or whatever else i can get to run feel free to add me on Steam, i'm always interested in making new friends and repeatedly shooting them in the face against the backdrop of an interplanetary war between two nearly identical groups of space marines and a bunch of machine fetishists, i'm currently running around as an NC Infiltrator and slowly learning how not to die within 5 seconds of spawning.

I used to play Planetside 2 a lot more, but I've become kinda sensitive to the framerate, and it just doesn't seem to run as well as I'd like, even at low settings. I was an NC sniper though (aggressive semi-auto, not 1000m away bolt-action).

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
I checked Payday 2 and it seems to have fixed itself slightly plus i found a few more visual settings to turn down, the framerate's still choppy but the control lag seems to be eliminated. If i play with shotguns it shouldn't be a problem.
I used to play Planetside 2 a lot more, but I've become kinda sensitive to the framerate, and it just doesn't seem to run as well as I'd like, even at low settings. I was an NC sniper though (aggressive semi-auto, not 1000m away bolt-action).
ah, i've gone the run up a mountain and tag everyone for my team then fire off a few shots from miles away route, lining up a shot while cloaked, uncloaking, headshotting someone instantly and recloaking immediately before i'm spotted is one of the most rewarding things i've done in games in recent memory.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I'll be playing Evolve as soon as it finishes downloading, if it ever does...

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm holding out on the 100 trials until after I beat the main story. I have a feeling I'll get my ass kicked if I do it any earlier (currently on the 6th chapter). I have no complaints for this game so far. It's very, very enjoyable!

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I'm holding out on the 100 trials until after I beat the main story. I have a feeling I'll get my ass kicked if I do it any earlier (currently on the 6th chapter). I have no complaints for this game so far. It's very, very enjoyable!
that's my favourite game!! i'm glad you like it so much, i've always thought it's been an important staple in the mario series

and i think it depends on the strategy and items but you're probably right either way

Gumshoe

The 6th chapter is my favorite one (next to chapter 3 at least). You will be in for a "ride".

If I didn't clarify this before, Paper Mario TTYD was my jam.

Last edited:

Kaedal

Punny User Title
Decided to start a new playthrough of Mass Effect. Finally created a character that didn't look like an emaciated vampire. Made him an Adept.

I then realised his nose looks like he's sprouting another face. I suck at character creation.

SparkyWolf

Dead Space 1, This is my 4th Play-through XD

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

If Marche and Luso were to meet... I swear I'll cry with joy

Seriously... so much what if's!

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

If Marche and Luso were to meet... I swear I'll cry with joy

Seriously... so much what if's!