• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Pathfinder. Just joined a group in Berkeley, CA.

Draegarth

Well, I'm done with Mario Kart. I need to keep reminding myself that I suck at video games, so I shouldn't ruin the communities by playing the games. [noparse]:)[/noparse] Always a good feeling when you're below average at the thing you're best at.

Sucking at Mario Kart doesn't mean you suck at video games. Mario Kart has never been about skill, but blind luck. If you're in the lead on the last lap, about to cross the line, do not get taken out by a shell, and actually win, you've got very lucky!

Schwimmwagen

Well, I'm done with Mario Kart. I need to keep reminding myself that I suck at video games, so I shouldn't ruin the communities by playing the games. [noparse]:)[/noparse] Always a good feeling when you're below average at the thing you're best at.

I know this feeling with FPS games.

I'm terrible at player-versus-player games with the exception of ones like Red Orchestra.

I stick to PvE games. It's not just because I'm better at them, but I positively enjoy them more, even when I'm doing badly. I dunno. I prefer co-op games because it's like bonding rather than competing.

Didn't you completely wreck me in Pokémon X/Y that one time? You were the only person I got to play against in that tournament and you had a few wins after me if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

SirRob

Sucking at Mario Kart doesn't mean you suck at video games. Mario Kart has never been about skill, but blind luck. If you're in the lead on the last lap, about to cross the line, do not get taken out by a shell, and actually win, you've got very lucky!
This is not true. Luck is certainly a big part, but skilled players will consistently place well.

I'm terrible at player-versus-player games with the exception of ones like Red Orchestra.

I stick to PvE games. It's not just because I'm better at them, but I positively enjoy them more, even when I'm doing badly. I dunno. I prefer co-op games because it's like bonding rather than competing.

Didn't you completely wreck me in Pokémon X/Y that one time? You were the only person I got to play against in that tournament and you had a few wins after me if I'm not mistaken.
Ah, I've heard how hard FPS games are. I dunno how people can handle that sort of environment. It's amazing that it's the most popular genre, since you wouldn't think most people would be crazy competitive.
I can't do co-op, I hate dragging the other player down. At least when I lose in player vs. player, the other player gets satisfaction out of it. When I lose in co-op, I'm making another person feel bad! It's awful!

I think playing people here in Pokemon might have inflated my sense of how good I am at video games. I'm no better at Pokemon than I am at other games, I was just beating people who don't devote themselves much to it.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
dark souls 2 just finished the 3rd dlc for the first time and it was really fun. it's a really huge level with some great bosses and some hilarious npc invaders.

also now starting to do pvp with my character. mainly using the giant butcher knife and ice rapier, in the blood arena i have about a 60% win rate which is much higher than I expected.

Last edited:

Stratelier

Nanowrimo has declared war on Skyrim. They both require significant investments of time, but I can't do both simultaneously, and only one of them has a deadline to meet.

Kosdu

Play shooters like Serious Sam, mad reflexes are created.

Stratelier

So in Skyrim I cleared out Dustman's Cairn -- no more Silver Hand guys, just Draugr, Draugr, and more Draugr. When I reached the central room I correctly guessed that pretty much every casket had a Draugr in it and once you grab the shard you're looking for, they all wake up and start to attack you. My solution: Cast Fire Rune on all the caskets. If it explodes immediately, there's a Draugr inside and you can take it out individually.

Still had to take down like 4 or 5 of them before the room was clear, though. After that I cleared the bandits out of Fort Greymoor in Whiterun.

On a sidenote, lacking a place to post this but here are a few things in my Nanowrimo novel that occured, which are absolutely priceless to describe:

1 - My main character was taking a shower when a wild coyote attacked and tried to dominate him.
2 - My main character got strip-searched by a fox, but fortunately he passed out before they got to the pants.

Now neither of these are actually as inappropriate as they sound! They make perfectly ordinary sense when taken in context....

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
Had an N64 marathon yesterday. Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie, Super Smash Brothers, Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Today was all about Battleblock Theater and Minecraft.

Godtier

Truant
I've picked up Super Mario Sunshine again

It's all fun and games until that fucking watermelon mission.

I'm playing the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth....non-stop....it's soooooooo good oh my god seriously if it goes on sale on Steam or something I highly encourage everyone to consider buying it if you like rouge-likes or bullet hell or the legend of zelda ugh this game is AMAZING

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
It's all fun and games until that fucking watermelon mission.

I'm gonna do a LP of it with glitches, including the watermelon skip >:3

Godtier

Truant
I'm gonna do a LP of it with glitches, including the watermelon skip >:3

Cheeeaaaater

Super Mario Sunshine wouldn't be Super Mario Sunshine without the bipolar flips between fun and mind-numbing anger. I'm looking at you, every Hotel Delfino mission. Chain Chomp mission. CHUCKSTER MISSION.

Man, now I want to play Super Mario Sunshine.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Cheeeaaaater

Super Mario Sunshine wouldn't be Super Mario Sunshine without the bipolar flips between fun and mind-numbing anger. I'm looking at you, every Hotel Delfino mission. Chain Chomp mission. CHUCKSTER MISSION.

Man, now I want to play Super Mario Sunshine.

hahaha

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Fallout! ^_^

I've taken to targeting the groin just because. I walk into a bar and some dude with his teeth filed into points insults me, bam, dick shot. Some guy tries to run from me during combat...bam, dick shot. Brahmin mooing at me in a way i don't like. Bam. Dick shot. I wish i could solve all my problems by shooting people in the balls irl...

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
A bit of completing side missions on islands in Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag.

Gumshoe

I'm hopping back on to Killing Floor for a little while.

I forgot about the fleshpounds in that game... Until one fleshpound reminded me of the specimen very well.

Stratelier

A lot of Skyrim quests are SO much easier when you turn quest objective markers on. Almost too easy, even. For example, I located Reyda's remains near Iverstead (apparently she was left at the bottom of the nearby river, not that island cave with Giermund's Hall dungeon which I searched multiple times) and returned her item to poor Narfi. Yeah, this deserves a drink or two ....

Subsequently, when I woke up in Markarth, it was pretty easy to clean up the temple with all the items pointed out to me. Apparently I missed a note left behind by this Sam guy about the staff being broken and what we need to fix it. And apparently I ran off with some Rorikstead farmer's goat, and tried to marry a Hagraven or something out near Evergleam Sanctuary. Wow, how exactly did all this happen again?

In the meantime, a fight broke out on Markarth city streets, luckily I wasn't involved, but a guy palmed a note off on me. Conspiracy!

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Space Engineers.
I made something so big it's having hard time to run on my rig. Probably can't finish it due to that, which sucks since I already spent 20+h on that.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
DCS world.
Had my maiden flight alongside my brother today. We flew from one airport to another in a loose formation, joked about half the trip and in the end, I engaged him in a tense knife range dogfight near the target airport. Managed to stick a missile up his butt and downed his plane.
I scanned the ground for his wreck, marked it and dropped 4000lbs of precision bombs on him.
That was the last time anyone saw him.

Having proper peripherals to play simulators makes the thing SO much more enjoyable.
Also it's sad how often people get scared by the word "simulator". Warmachines are operated by people aged 18+. If a late teen can drive a tank/fly a plane, so can you. It's not that hard.
Getting something done is all the more satisfying knowing you worked for it a little.