• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I just finished my first run through of ultimate ghost n goblins, holy cow is it hard!
But i didn't get to fight the final boss because i didn't have enough rings >:[
Now i got to play it all again and collect at least 22 of those things, this isn't going to be easy at all -_-

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I actually played a game that wasn't Warframe...
I played Torchlight 2. I killed lots of stuff!

Gumshoe

I've been playing the Mafia II demo for an hour straight.

The shooting mechanics are what kept me playing. I've heard the story was great, so I might pick this up when I get the chance.

DrGravitas

Poking around the Steam sale when I found "Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb". Fun old Point 'n Click from 1994. Kind of a huge shift away from my usual games like EU IV. This thing is seriously old school furry, too. Playing as a Fox named Rif, paired with an elk and a boar. So far, pretty fun!

Stratelier

Poking around the Steam sale when I found "Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb". Fun old Point 'n Click from 1994. Kind of a huge shift away from my usual games like EU IV. This thing is seriously old school furry, too. Playing as a Fox named Rif, paired with an elk and a boar. So far, pretty fun!
I see a digital copy available on GOG, and I'm wondering ... really, why is the updated package like 500MB when the original was only 8? Given, the original only runs in a DOS environment....

Anyway, in Skyrim my Khajiit is officially a werewolf. I really wasn't expecting that so quickly. I didn't cause much trouble in Whiterun on the way out (I did kill one cow) before blacking out and waking up naked out near Kynesgrove. Those Silver Hand guys at the nearby abandoned fort didn't seem to give me as much trouble as they did in Dustman's Cairn (save for one or two notable usual exceptions, fighters wearing heavy armor -- one of them I noticed a pressure plate and sprung it, and the spiked trapdoor killed him), maybe because my ebony sword has that lunar enchantment and it was night (figures that it'd turn morning right when I'm about to take on their leader). Anyway, I did locate two books that NPC's in Dawnguard and Markarth have been requesting, I do have that Ring of Hircine if I want to rampage around. Which might also come in handy someday if I really want that achievement for having a bounty everywhere in Skyrim, I hear going wolfy in public costs you a dead-or-alive 1000 gold.

PS: A town guard asked me "Is that ... fur, coming out of your ears?" *roll eyes* Hey, mister, you DO realize you're talking to a Khajiit, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrGravitas

I see a digital copy available on GOG, and I'm wondering ... really, why is the updated package like 500MB when the original was only 8? Given, the original only runs in a DOS environment....

Hmm, good question! I went poking about the game files and immediately noticed a 414 MB file named "Inherit the Earth Voices". Given that that every piece of dialog is voice acted (and surprisingly well acted, I might add) I suspect the original simply didn't have voice acting.

Werewolfism is always one of the first things I pickup in Skyrim. There's nothing quite like being in a tight spot, sneaking around, low on equipment in some Forsaken camp and thinking "Screw this! I'mma eat y'all!" and the just going berserk and obliterating everything as they run from your howling mad form!

EDIT: Oh, neat! There's a bonus content folder in here, too! It's got some concept art and some other stuff. I probably would have never noticed this if you hadn't pointed out the 500MB thing.

Last edited:

Stratelier

Hmm, good question! I went poking about the game files and immediately noticed a 414 MB file named "Inherit the Earth Voices". Given that that every piece of dialog is voice acted (and surprisingly well acted, I might add) I suspect the original simply didn't have voice acting.

EDIT: Oh, neat! There's a bonus content folder in here, too! It's got some concept art and some other stuff. I probably would have never noticed this if you hadn't pointed out the 500MB thing.
I'm a sucker for concept art....

Werewolfism is always one of the first things I pickup in Skyrim. There's nothing quite like being in a tight spot, sneaking around, low on equipment in some Forsaken camp and thinking "Screw this! I'mma eat y'all!" and the just going berserk and obliterating everything as they run from your howling mad form!
Back when I completed the quest 'Ill Met By Moonlight' I read the description of the Cursed Ring of Hircine and immediately thought "...now might be a good time to leave town, and FAST" even though I wasn't actually a werewolf (I later read on the wiki that if you're not, it doesn't affect you, so I actually had nothing to worry about). Now I just have to remember "do not put the ring on in public" (unless e.g. I'm aiming for that Master Criminal trophy achievement, but that'd be a do-it-then-reload-your-savefile affair)

But does it seem like that ceremony in the Underforge occured really quick? All I did was take out a vampire west of Rorikstead, then went with Farkas for the Trial ceremony, then I killed a bear in somebody's Riverwood home, then bam, werewolf, member of the inner Circle....

Well, if I want to get sent to Ciddnha Mine at some point I'm totally prepared for that. Even without weapons and armor I've got plenty of spells (Bound weaponry and Destruction runes), and I hear Khajiit claws combo with werewolf claws. Immunity to all diseases is nice, but I already miss the "woke up feeling Rested" message. Not that I use the Rest command all that often, but that simple acknowledgement (the message if not the bonus) made resting feel worthwhile.

Oh, and a guard in Kynesgrove looked at me and asked "is that ... fur, coming out of your ears?" OF COURSE THERE'S FUR IN MY EARS YOU'RE TALKING TO A KHAJIIT YOU KNOW?

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
So apparently that unlimited Mana thing I got in Skyrim was some kind of glitch that fixed itself the next time I started the game up. Mana regeneration is still fast with all my magic gear on, but not THAT fast that it restores itself from empty in half a second any more. I guess it's for the best - that felt kind of like I was cheating.

On the subject of werewolves, I'm gonna download that Argonian Were-lizard mod just in case. Is lycanthropy curable once you have it, or are you stuck like that?

I'm in a bit of a habit in this game of stealing all the food/gold lying around the houses of people I like/Winterhold if I can get away with it. I have a very low Sneak level so I'm not running a legitimate thief game this time.

DrGravitas

You can go through a quest and at the end have the choice to clear the lycanthropy, but I've never done it so I don't know if that permanently removes it. On the whole, it really does feel like the whole werewolf questline is a bit rushed, which is a shame. It has a lot of potential. I really like the name choices of the companions, specifically Vilkas. During my first play that name was an immediately tip off, but it was the armor's wolf-head crest that made me certain the companions were werewolves. So, there's became one of the first quest lines I pushed through.

Baz

Playing Texas holdem style poker. Just won 4 million with an ace high straight!

Stratelier

Defeated the Guardian Sabre Cat up north of Windhelm. While as a werewolf, even; I decided to get some practice and the cold north seems like a good place to do that. Now I am being a responsible werewolf about this, nobody important gets mauled/eaten, just random bandits or whatever. That Arch Conjurer and Master Necromancer in that one mountain fort NW of Windhelm gave me so much trouble (mostly that damned Staff of Chain Lightning) I swore that when they died I would go werewolf and personally devour them. I was able to stealth kill all their skeletons (and why the Necromancer didn't bother resurrecting any of them I do not know), then managed to stay out of sight from them while Lydia rushed in to fight while I hung back and watched the lightning. Ten minutes later, the place goes quiet and Lydia comes back.

And yes, I did follow through on that promise.

Also, apparently werewolves can go toe-to-toe with Frost Trolls and win.

No worries about accidentally triggering the Ring of Hircine though, apparently when you equip it, Ring of Hircine shows up as an available Power and that's what you use to transform. It is a bit of a process....

Now I'm investigating the whodunit in Windhelm.

Stratelier

So I need to kill some time while I work on the Windhelm whodunit, so I decide to check up on this Aventus Aretino guy and the rumors about him. (Apparently I've had that objective sitting in my quest log for who knows how long ... I don't even remember picking it up....)

No guards to see me, I pick the lock on his house easily, and ... okay, wow, he really IS performing the Black Sacrament! And this kid assumes I'm the assassin sent to contact him! And he won't take no for an answer....

Great. Just great. The quest is called "Innocence Lost", but does that title refer to the kid or my character?

Also, apparently it makes a difference whether you show Ms. Giovana the Butcher flyers she's been posting or the Butcher's journals. (My Skyrim wiki policy is simple: No reading about a quest until you've completed it.)

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
So I need to kill some time while I work on the Windhelm whodunit, so I decide to check up on this Aventus Aretino guy and the rumors about him. (Apparently I've had that objective sitting in my quest log for who knows how long ... I don't even remember picking it up....)

No guards to see me, I pick the lock on his house easily, and ... okay, wow, he really IS performing the Black Sacrament! And this kid assumes I'm the assassin sent to contact him! And he won't take no for an answer....

Great. Just great. The quest is called "Innocence Lost", but does that title refer to the kid or my character?

Also, apparently it makes a difference whether you show Ms. Giovana the Butcher flyers she's been posting or the Butcher's journals. (My Skyrim wiki policy is simple: No reading about a quest until you've completed it.)

this is the first quest to becoming an assasin in the game, has some good perks being one, you get a pretty cool demon horse which I think it never dies.

Maugryph

Shadowgun on my android. It's a couple years old, but I bought it you could still buy full games on Google Play :V. Now games are freemium, aka expensive arcade games you have to pay.

Stratelier

this is the first quest to becoming an assasin in the game...
Yeah, I'm already anticipating it leads more or less straight to the Dark Brotherhood questline.

Anyway, I'm not entirely happy with the way the Blood on Ice quest turned out. Why must so many quests have multiple endings?

But I'm going to put that behind me. Off to Solstheim! Chatted up all the locals, and all of them seem to go weird when I mention the name Miraak. Yeah, something's definitely brewing here. And the local bandits are known as "Reavers". I decided to go furry(er) when raiding a dungeon and made lunch of them as a werewolf; got perk #3 (Gorging). Netches are pretty dangerous things, too, but I did take some of the out to collect Netch Jelly. (All I will say is it involved a lot of running.)

Supposedly there's also werewolves on this island? Or was that only in Morrowind Bloodmoon....

Stratelier

Completed the quest "Missing in Action" in a ... slightly unorthodox way.

When given the offer to storm the Thalmor's Northwatch Keep, I volunteered to go alone and find a peaceful resolution. Obviously the guards won't let me in or give out any information, but ...

A WILD FROST DRAGON APPEARS! We take the thing out at the front gate, and while the guards are busy marveling at the sight, I sneak around to the (now unguarded) back entrance. Of course, getting in was the easy part, getting out not so much. Once we secured the interior of the fort and rescued Thorald, outside I blasted the guard from his post at the back entrance with a Lv.3 Unrelenting Force and we ran for it. Lydia kept the guards busy while Thorald and I discussed matters to complete the mission.

I have never been so happy to see a dragon attack happen. :) I also took the opportunity to go werewolf and eat a few of the guards while we were inside, unfortunately I'd already secured the place and I had to wait for the bloodlust to wear off before going anywhere near Thorald's cell. But hey, XP is XP, right?

And the Whiterun guard is right: "You sure know how to pick your enemies, don't you?"

Then, after discovering that werewolf beats hagraven, I went on a pretty wild rampage. Went furry, took out the Guardian Bear, ate everyone in Knifepoint Ridge (and a nearby tower with bandits), then scampered around in the general eastern direction, cleared out a bandit fort, then went north. Trying to get back to Whiterun but that's a little difficult when you can't check your map. And I don't know exactly why but my framerate started dropping and hanging a lot. Finally changed back after entering a cave near Hillgrund's Tomb, having spent a grand total of 24 consecutive hours as a wolf. (That should be a trophy/achievement.) I now have all but two werewolf perks.

Next stop: Maybe a few treasure maps and bounties before I head back to Solstheim and clear up this mess about these cultists.

DrGravitas

Went furry, took out the Guardian Bear, ate everyone in Knifepoint Ridge (and a nearby tower with bandits), then scampered around in the general eastern direction, cleared out a bandit fort, then went north.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Finally changed back after entering a cave near Hillgrund's Tomb, having spent a grand total of 24 consecutive hours as a wolf. (That should be a trophy/achievement.) I now have all but two werewolf perks.
Heh, my main has 466 days as a werewolf from 42 transformations. My favorite alt has 158 days from 23 transformations.

I'd like to be playing Battlefield 4 right now on PC, but I'm currently playing "Biochemistry 523 notes" and I will be for several more hours.

Stratelier

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Heh, my main has 466 days as a werewolf from 42 transformations. My favorite alt has 158 days from 23 transformations.
Well, after eating everybody in Knifepoint Ridge (those guys sure haven't level grinded any since my last raid) and Fellglow Keep (squishy mages galore) I now have enough XP for all the werewolf perks (I just haven't invested in the remaining two, the summon ones). And whatever caused my frame rate to glitch up fixed itself after quitting/restarting my PS3, so that's good.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I played a bit of Skyrim after reading you guys talking about it, and I'm probably another 4-5 hrs away from completing the vampire quests.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
TF2 wherein i've been playing as sniper so i can throw my piss at people then pin them against walls just like i do irl and Hotline Miami for the delicious retro ultra-violence.