• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Moogie

♡Kupo♡
Valkyria Chronicles, though I'm stuck at one of the last (I think, looks like its nearing the end xD) missions. Took a break for a week but I plan on beatin it in the next few days hopefully. Oh! Also playin Osu, though that's more just on and off casually. :p

SirRob

Picked up Earthbound through Club Nintendo. I'm floored by how convenient everything is! I mean, for an SNES RPG?? You don't lose your progress if you get a game over and continue, there's an auto-battle function, and the game skips fights against low level enemies!

Percy-Lyn

Relentless Fighter
I loved what I played of EB. I really reeeaaally wish that it was on the 3DS, too. ;u; I know that the 3DS could handle it, so I can't help but wonder why Nintendo won't make it available there...

SirRob

I guess it's just not profitable for Nintendo to put SNES titles on the 3DS in addition to the Wii U. Maybe it's more trouble than it's worth, like with the GBA games.

--

I played Metroid Prime for a bit today... My brother got the whole Prime series when it was new. I played them back then, but I never beat them. And playing it again, I don't think I wanna put the effort into beating it this time either. It sort of made me realize that I don't like first person perspective in games. In fact none of my favorite games are first person.

Actually... Etrian Odyssey IV was first person, so, hm. Maybe that was different because it's turn based, so I didn't really have to worry so much about maneuvering precisely and watching for enemies.

Last edited:

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. Yeah, the story has been kinda stupid so far (Freedom! Democracy! Money! Blarghablarghblargh), and Ubisoft went in a weird meta direction that I love but is also very odd and makes me think they're not quite sure what they're doing. That said, I'm a pirate which makes me very very happy. It gets a bit slow at parts so far, but goddamnit I'm yarring and pirating all over the Carribean and it is so much fun. I mean, yeah it's not AC II but at least this is a step in a right direction from fricken AC 3. Ugh.

D

Deleted member 93706

Installed Warframe yesterday. Played it almost all day today. Uninstalled it an hour ago.

It's like mass Effect + Crysis with insanely high mobility, but is WAY too much of a grind-fest.

A lot of people like to compare it with Firefall...but the two games are completely different. Warframe has an amazing combat system, but Firefall's open world, content, and crafting system simply trumps Warframe's instanced copy-and-paste dungeons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Tales of the Abyss (3DS) - Gotta say I'm enjoying this one a bit, it's great to finally get away from Bravely Default as my primary 3ds game. I wonder how my neighbors in Animal Crossing: New Leaf are doing....ha.

Starbound (PC)- This has been what feels like my daily play for a bit, I'm enjoying how the game is developing and like being in areas where I can't just destroy things at will, the new update gives the game a deeper feeling. One day, I'll clear this level I'm on....

Solforge (PC) - I'm glad I paid money for the humble bundle and nabbed some neat decks for this one, without those decks, I probably would have given up on this one.

Star Realms (PC)- Another daily play thanks to having a 48 hr time limit on turns, the game is enjoyable and I'm definitely a fan of the deck building genre.

Installed Warframe yesterday. Played it almost all day today. Uninstalled it an hour ago.

It's like mass Effect + Crysis with insanely high mobility, but is WAY too much of a grind-fest.

A lot of people like to compare it with Firefall...but the two games are completely different. Warframe has an amazing combat system, but Firefall's open world, content, and crafting system simply trumps Warframe's instanced copy-and-paste dungeons.

Being that I've logged over 100 hours in warframe, I can tell you that it doesn't feel like a grind fest to me, maybe I'm a different type of gamer. I've enjoyed collecting the different frames from events, be it special or otherwise and I really enjoy how each suit has a slightly different feel to it, even if the 4 abilities don't always have a whole lot of variety to them, which can be understood since this is a 3rd person shooter.

I can't say I've played firefall but from what I've seen of it, if your into open world shooters, then yeah it's more your thing. If you don't have but an hour to play and you wanna runs some missions, I'd say warframe.

Stratelier

Beat Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Final boss was exhilarating, but pretty easy to figure out. Ending was left open as an obvious sequel hook (that never happened), kind of anticlimactic in that sense, but hey -- sometimes it's the journey there that's the best part.

Stratelier

So in Skyrim my character finally made it to hell. A.k.a. the Soul Cairn. Dreary place, that, but really not that dangerous.

Ieono

Uberaffe
SMT IV, Pokemon ORAS, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, annnd thinking about getting back on Steam and doing the whole fps thing again. But alas, so little time these days.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Solforge I like untimed games.
Starbound one day, I'll beat the first boss. Maybe today?

So in Skyrim my character finally made it to hell. A.k.a. the Soul Cairn. Dreary place, that, but really not that dangerous.

I thought the same thing when I went there... so glad to be free of it now though.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
freedom wars for the PS vita.
Its basically a monster hunter style game which feels more similar to god eater series than monster hunter. Like GEB you get a team but instead of 4, you get 4 humans and 4 androids which are slightly weaker than a normal human.
The game gets soooo hectic. Imagine in monster hunter you work and grind for the next monster. You and your team or cat find the monster and begin to fight it then all hell brakes loose as a horde of lesser enemies appear with some huge monsters that have a similar strength to the one your fighting now. Now imagine that the monsters have kidnapped humans and are trying to escape and you need to save them, but you can't fight while holding a civilian. The game is so hectic that's the main reason why you need a big party because so much is going on all at once...though you could try and play solo.

Atemis

Crusader kings 2, I like to seduce my sisters and then murder my inbred mutant child for not being a genius.
also, fakn u Mongols!!

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Nothing. Tried over a dozen of games in last 2 weeks, deleted all of them after less than 20 minutes of playing. Boring, boring, boring, shit, shit, shit, no story at all, shallow characters... Ungh...
Upgraded the PC few weeks ago and all of the newest titles are nothing but crap. Actually there wasn't a single game I bought since the Crusader Kings 2 came out (or it was XCOM: Enemy Within? I don't remember). I won't reward companies by buying original titles if they're all crap.

I still have Wasteland 2 waiting for it's turn, I hope it will be good enough to spend some money on it.
And simulator battles in Warthunder.

Edit: I forgot about The Banner Saga :p That was the last title I bought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 93706

Warframe? REALLY sucks.
Firefall? Sucks.
Defiance? Kinda sucks.

Mechwarrior Online? AMAZING

Stratelier

So my main Skyrim character is starting to participate in the Winterhold questline a little bit. I also hear that apparently living beings can't go into the Soul Cairn (without, well, dying), so the only ways in are either to get turned into a vampire, or get partially soul trapped in the process. A nice thematic choice my main character will have to face, eh?

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Umm....yeah. could you talk about a game we haven't heard over 200 times on this thread alone.
I know you mean well and all but i just don't want to hear what EVERYBODY HAS DONE 5 TIMES ALREADY and then hear your version which people try to make their journey sound original but is not.

At the very least just briefly sum it up.
For example: heh...my character just turned into a warewolf in skyrim, gonna kill some guards in whiterun.

Stratelier

So in Skyrim, my secondary character put down 5,000G and purchased the plot of land available in Hjaalmarch. After some work, I now have a basic house. It's not very furnished right now, but I did add a firepit for cooking food. And I absolutely need to build a smelter for it, because I can't seem to find one within 50 miles of here.

And while reading the ESW article, I ran across what sounds like the most hilarious bug ever:
[XBox 360] Upon downloading Hearthfire, there is a chance that none of the children in game will be wearing clothes. This includes children eligible for adoption. There is currently no known fix.

Stratelier

So I decided to get one of the ->new<- Nintendo 3DS's today. It's in the middle of a system transfer right now (I probably should've opted for the PC based transfer, since my PC has an SD card slot and I also picked up a 16GB microSD card (with SD adaptor) for use with the New 3DS. But the transfer's already started, so there's no changing my mind now -- have to wait it out.)

- The "super stable" 3D effect really is. (But it doesn't particularly like my wearing glasses....)
- The volume and 3D sliders click when they reach their 'off' positions.
- The flip screen has an extra stop at about 70deg.

I think I should go do some Mario Karting for now. Or more Skyrim (as if I haven't logged enough hours already).

Last edited by a moderator: