• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Playing Right Now?

Stratelier

Just reached the plot twist in the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim. How did I not see this coming when basically every other questline has a major twist near the end of it....

Anyway, the emperor's dead now. Plus I left a Nightshade flower on him just for fun before leaving. Now what to do about that 1500 Solitude bounty? Oh, I know -- let's join the Stormcloaks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kit411230

Since I fixed my wireless connection (because Virgin media 'support' is useless) I've been playing elder scrolls online, gta5 and Tera ^_^

Ieono

Uberaffe
Dark Souls 2, and soon to be playing Bloodborne.

Stratelier

Random guard comment in Skyrim:

"So you're like me -- don't fancy those clunky two-handed weapons."

From a guard who was lugging around a warhammer.

Stratelier

So with Shima joining the Stormcloaks (storming Whiterun was a blast, btw), I'm going to need a character to join the Imperial Legion in Skyrim.... So this time it's an Argonian I named Talaszari. But given I'd like him to go more mage than warrior, maybe I should have called him Burns-It-All. Anyway, after picking up a bounty letter in Riverwood that just happened to single out Halted Stream Camp, I beelined over there for its Transmute spell tome (he's been mining iron ore like crazy in preparation for exactly that).

After playing two Khajiits, it actually feels odd to not have access to night vision for once. Y'know?

Now considering I've already been through like 80% of game's quests with my two cats, this guy won't be warranting much in updates. He's basically just a counter for Shima so I can do both sides of the Civil War questline before going back to finish the main quest with my main.

Like, for example, when that first dragon attacked the Western Watchtower in Whiterun; while the guards did most of the damage, it was my guy who landed the finishing blow (cinematic cutscene and all) to kill it off. WITH A DAGGER.

Cyanomega

Replaying super meat boy. Still can't beat hell. Damn.... Just can't seem to do it!

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Gotten back into Majora's Mask.

So I put aside the afternoon and worked through Snowhead Temple after rage quitting twice. Those fucking ledges. I always considered Barinade my favourite LoZ boss, but this one is without a doubt, the most fun boss I've tackled in the franchise so far! Probably because I got to do it as Darmani Link and he's sexy boss.

So I went back to the cabin 'cause I remembered there was something interesting in there- oh yeah! It's the blade people. Well, Ill keep my eye out for Gold Dust and come back.

Then I went back to the old guy and he said take part in the race. Beat the race - oh my god, Gold Dust already! The old guy won't advance now, so I'm guessing he won't give me anything else or get me on any new quests so I went back to the blade people.

Costs 100 Rupees. I got a 99 Rupee limit.

Fuck. This.

I love this game though, no matter how frustrating. The notebook isn't... visual enough for me. I'm probably gonna make up a poster of all the quest lines and put it on my wall because I forget them all so easily.

Last edited:

Stratelier

My Argonian mage made it to Solstheim.

Bad news: Difficulty dealing with that army of Ash Spawn in the temple tomb. Plus, Lydia died while we were exploring the old ebony mine and Nordic ruins underneath Raven Rock (first encounter with Draugr Deathlords) and no recent-enough autosave to revert to. Sorry, Lydia.

Good news: Despite that, Talaszari proved himself against the Dragon Priest Zahkriisos in an extended cat-and-mouse battle, and also against Hermeaus Mora's Seekers and a Lurker in Apocrypha. He also made it safely back to Raven Rock despite (for his first time) being extremely overencumbered -- had a lot of fun taking out some Reavers with Lightning Runes from behind the secret exit from Bloodskaal Barrow. (Namely, open secret door, set Lightning Rune, close secret door, wait for Reavers to investigate -- *zap* -- wait for them to give up searching -- rinse, repeat.)

Rathdakrogan

I'm playing good old fashion dungeons and dragons... ahhh memories... and a little bit of star wars battlefront 2 for ps2... and ssx on tour...

Jagalonra

Playing Terraria with my boyfriend. Love the amazing update implemented. By far one of the best games I've ever sunk money into, and honestly one of my all time favorite games compared several other games I've played. If it's ever on sale and you don't have it, it's definently a buy, plus it's cheap even without a sale, 9.9999999999/10. -.0000000001 for the fact that the pyramids are evil.

Stratelier

Nothing significant to report about my mage's progress in Skyrim, aside from the fact that those Morag Tong guys apparently don't know how to operate the gates inside their very own fortress. They gave my main a ton of trouble the first time, but now? Almost like shooting fish in a barrel. I actually took pity on the last guy standing and opened the gate for him to come at me before finishing him off.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Finally got GTA V for PC. Los Santos is not safe when I am around. I love how adaptable the controls are. I like to transition from third person with controller for driving to first person with mouse and keyboard for shooting. The idea of having 3 playable characters that can be switched at any time is quite genius.

Ieono

Uberaffe
I ended up getting to soul level 250 in Dark Souls 2, after starting over. I'm pretty burnt out of it now. I guess I will finally pick up Bloodborne soon. I'm also trying to platinum Catherine too, without using any guides.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Solforge with my buddy deno currently
Previously:
Terarria lots and lots of terraria

Stratelier

It's funny how in Skyrim most corpses don't react much if you hit them with a spell, but dragon corpses go F L Y I N G ....

Anyway, I stopped back in Windhelm for a spell (pun fully intended, I really needed the Adept level deestruction spells) before making more progress on Solstheim. I also have a Stray Dog following me now (first time in three characters and 400 hours).

I also found it funny that while going after a Blood Dragon on one of the small north islands, there were no less than six horkers flopping over to attack me.

Ratical

ultra street fighter IV is fucking awesome, I wish I wasn't so late to appreciate the FGC.

SF4 is a great game to start with if you haven't had a lot of community/competitive experience. Some of the old school players will pick it apart because it isn't like SF2 or 3, but it actually has a lot of tools to help you get better, and doesn't have as much stuff to abuse as the older games. I like it. I also like how broad the character selection is, even if I do miss Karin from SFA.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
but it actually has a lot of tools to help you get better, and doesn't have as much stuff to abuse as the older games.
literally what?

Ratical

For getting better, the training mode challenges that help you learn some bread-and-butter combos and general mechanics, whereas the previous games just threw you to the wolves. Without steady competition or someone to show you the ropes, outside research on YT was needed for any of the older games, but move string practice was integrated right into this one. Sometimes they aren't just a matter of button input, but timing too.

But then again, it won't prepare you for everything, and there's no substitute for a good guide, but it gets you somewhere.

For abusive stuff, SFII (depending on the version) was heavily imbalanced for a good portion of its life. SFIV isn't perfect, but it's tiers are closer than, say, SFIII, whose tournament placers are always Ken, Chun-Li, or Yun. Parries have supports and detractors, too. Some people* felt like the mechanic was too overpowered in SFIII.

*Shoryuken.com posters mainly, who still generally really like SFIII, but most of the time if they have a problem with it, it comes back to parries in some way.

SCPH7503

Latent Appliance Fetishist
I've been playing a buttload of Timesplitters 2 on my old Xbox lately. In what other game can you have a team deathmatch against ten Elvis impersonators, all wielding flamethrowers and proximity mines?

Sergalmedic

Clear!
I've been playing a buttload of Timesplitters 2 on my old Xbox lately. In what other game can you have a team deathmatch against ten Elvis impersonators, all wielding flamethrowers and proximity mines?

I forgot how much fun this game was, I think the last time I played it was probably a decade ago. brb ebay

I just finished the 'shroom trip part of Mother 3. If it ever gets a US release, I have no clue how that part of the game would get localized by Nintendo, considering the changes made to Earthbound and Mother 1.

1080p

Recently, Fallout: New Vegas, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and Blitzkrieg.

All are pretty good, except I can't get into Old World Blues nor Dead Money in FNV. Dead Money I straight up hate, mainly because that annoying fucking red cloud, and OWB just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Maybe it's those roboscorpions that can take 40+ rounds of 12.7mm. IL-2 is fun but I can't fly for shit, I get shot down by AI on novice difficulty. I like to blame it on me having a shit joystick but it's probably just that I suck ass. Blitzkrieg is fun.