• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Reading ? The FAF Book List

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Loved that book :D

I'm reading Curious & Curiouser By Dr Karl Kruszelnicki.
It's all about popular science theories like spontaneous human combustion and repressed memory.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (i think i spelled the first name wrong)

it's funny, I had to restart this book recently because i basically lost it two years ago. The bookmark was even still there when i found it
Oh, that's a fantastic book.

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré
not much to say about it so far I guess
only a chapter in, reading a bit every now and then

I had totally forgotten for a lot of the time in the first chapter that it was set in the cold war, around the berlin wall
and I actually didn't have anything to picture, so I had this image of everything unfolding like the "these aren't the droids we're looking for" scene in star wars. but with spies instead of droids

Last edited:

Tissemand

Random furfag
A few textbooks. Currently reading Psychology: An Introduction. Too lazy to read anything else |3

Vibgyor

WORK NOT DONE
Teatro Grottesco by Thomas Ligotti.

Jon1128

You Will Obey
Currently Reading
Game Informer October issue
Game Informer November issue

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
The Inukami! manga

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
I'm reading something I won't usually read:
A.S Byatt's Possession

VoidBat

Band of Brothers by Stephen E. Ambrose.
It's got a lot more details in it then the TV series, and it's actually quite interesting to read about Easy's travels during the WWII campaign.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
"A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn

That first chapter

Excuse me while I go be upset somewhere.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
Currently reading the classic, "A Tale of Two Cities." Starts out slow, but when you make some progress through it, it gradually becomes a better story. I'm about two thirds of the way through now.

Ariosto

Currently reading the classic, "A Tale of Two Cities." Starts out slow, but when you make some progress through it, it gradually becomes a better story. I'm about two thirds of the way through now.

You sire... are infinintely more patient with Dickens than I am.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
I just finished with The Chronicles of Narnia.

Conker

Finally started Ovid's Metamorphosis. Two chapters in and three women have been raped by gods, plus the attempted rape of another one. Fun book.

Ariosto

Finally started Ovid's Metamorphosis. Two chapters in and three women have been raped by gods, plus the attempted rape of another one. Fun book.

Tell me when you get to the incest, the attempted rape of men by women, the bestiality and all sorts of paraphilias.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

Ovid was one interesting writer, I'll give him that. Though I would never have even considered liking the Metamorphoses if they weren't written and translated so damn well.

Conker

Ovid was one interesting writer, I'll give him that. Though I would never have even considered liking the Metamorphoses if they weren't written and translated so damn well.
Yeah. I was a bit hesitant going in, because this was published in 8 :p But, it reads pretty easily. The pacing is kind of crazy though, with so much shit happening in a little amount of space. I wish it had more breaks or chapters or something. I feel exhausted after reading just one.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
Guys I hate to be a party-pooper and get all strict with the rules, but we do have a limit on how explicit the content of the books can be. That book may be a historically significant piece of literature, but would you want a 13 year old to read it? I know it sounds unfair but I may have to delete the suggestion.

EDIT: With the help of Aristocrates Carranza, I have been able to review the explicitness of the language and detail in the book and thanks to it's "RAVISHING" lack of detail it is acceptable for this thread.

Hehe "Ravishing."

Last edited:

israfur

YES PLEASE
I'm rereading the first Harry Potter book.
Feel free to flame lmao.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
Still reading A People's History if the United States, this might be the first book I finish in a long time. This is the first little bit that actually made me smile:

Around the same time, in New York, an election pamphlet urged New York voters to join "Shuttle" the weaver, "Plane" the joiner, "Drive" the carter, "Mortar" the mason, "Tar" the mariner, "Snip" the tailor, "Smallrent" the fair-minded landlord, and "Johnpoor" the tenant, against "Gripe the Merchant, Squeeze the Shopkeeper, Spintext and Quible the Lawyer."