• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Reading ? The FAF Book List

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
I've been recently bullied into reading the Furnace series.

Dark, evil youth prison deep in the earth patrolled by Goliaths in suits and skinless dogs.
Neh, It seems to be reading alright thus far, despite the constant reference to the protagonists' weak knees.

IkodoMoonstrife

On a whirlwind adventure!
Currently reading The God of Clocks, 3rd novel in The Deepgate series by Alan Campbell and waiting for Aden to finish the first two books so we can discuss! (I am a SLOW reader, so it is likely he will finish the series before me :p) I highly recommend this series if you like dark Steampunk fantasy.

Also listening to Stephen King's The Dark Tower series whenever Aden and I take long drives. Even only starting book 4 out of 7, I can already highly recommend this series as well. :)

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
Also listening to Stephen King's The Dark Tower series whenever Aden and I take long drives. Even only starting book 4 out of 7, I can already highly recommend this series as well. :)

Having waded (for want of a better word) through the thousands of pages of this saga, I too recommend this epic tale.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Currently reading The God of Clocks, 3rd novel in The Deepgate series by Alan Campbell and waiting for Aden to finish the first two books so we can discuss! (I am a SLOW reader, so it is likely he will finish the series before me :p) I highly recommend this series if you like dark Steampunk fantasy.

Read The Dome. It's long as fuck, but a pretty fun read. I loved the Dark Tower series.

Aktosh

I actually smoke that much.
I'm re-reading 20000 miles under the see by Jules Vernes right now. I think everybody here knows that one. I'm re-reading it because I had to read it for school and didn't really enjoy it because I had to read it.

The last book I read was Homo Faber by Max Frisch (yay he's swiss). Some of you may know it because you had to read it in school. My sister gave it to me because she thought it would interest me and it did. It become one of my favorite books. What I like about it is how it is written and the character Walter Faber. He is a really really deep character. The story is pretty interesting to but I can't really tell any of it without spoiling so I'm just gonna tell what happens in the beginning. (since the author himself spoilers more than half of the book in the description.)

Beware: Mild Spoiler

It's set around the 1940s. So Walter Faber is on a businesses trip, he's in a plane and gets to know that guy who happens to know a good friend of him. The plane crashes but it doesn't seem to bother him. He then decides to come with this guy he got to know to meet his friend. When they arrive at the place where their friend works they find him dead. He hung himself. But even this doesn't bother Walter at all... But later he meets that girl called Sabeth.(Sorry this was a really bad description. Just go read it.)

So yea.. I highly recommend this book. (and I have no idea if the English translation is good or bad. I read it in German.)

Other notable books I've read:

Eragon: I like mostly the first book... The rest of the series is ok.
The Chronicles Of Narnia: Read them they're really good.
The Cry Of The Icemark: Fantasy, but a bit dark, really like the writing style of this one.

Last edited:

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?

I loved that series right up until "Wolves of the Calla." It was all downhill from there. Honestly, the last book made me wish he had just never finished the series instead of putting out that load of garbage.

On the other hand, I'll definitely check out the Deepgate series, sounds right up my alley.

Currently re-reading "Soulless", the first of the Parasol Protectorate series (I've read the first three several times, trying to come up with the money for the fourth one). Probably one of the best steampunk fantasy/supernatural stories I've ever read.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I got a job, but it's not a particularly enjoyable job. Very boring. Very tedious. So, we can listen to music while we work on the computers, and I figure it would be better to listen to an audiobook since I'm sitting on my ass doing mind numbing work for eight hours. Grabbed some Stephen King :3 See if I can be scared while on the job. The one I grabbed is The Tommyknockers

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
Dead Withes Tell No Tales-Kim Harrison

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
That's the first Stephen King book I read ! D:
I thought it was really awesome, it's got atmosphere and all and it's cool.
Listened to it for seven hours today :p It's pretty good. There are some parts that are a bit iffy, but yeah, I really like it. Made work go by faster than just music.

Stormtail

I just started reading Cyrano de Bergerac, Edmond Rostand's 1897 play. I saw most of it on tv recently, so I thought I'd try reading it. It's really good so far. It's funny.

Brotherwolven

Lupine Monk
I read Cyrano a couple of years ago for the first time. Loved it.

My current read is "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Interesting insight into the opposite sex.

Citrakayah

Rude Camera
As of right now, I'm re-reading my 400 page camera manual. Last real book I read though, was A Dance of Dragons.

Gavrill

ladies~
American Gods.
Could you (or someone else) tell me what this book is about? I've been hearing it a lot lately and wanted to check it out for myself eventually.

Currently reading I Am America and So Can You! by Stephen Colbert. Man's a wealth of cynicism and sarcasm.

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
I'm reading 'the internet is a playground' by David Thorne.
And judging by the way he replies to various emails, it is. An example is when he tries to pay off a $233.95 Chiropractors fee with a drawing of a 7 legged spider (Which he claims should settle the matter).

VoidBat

Dead Space: Martyr by B.K Evenson.
Great story and I just love how he portrays the characters paranoia and decaying mental stability.

Onnes

I'm reading 'the internet is a playground' by David Thorne.
And judging by the way he replies to various emails, it is. An example is when he tries to pay off a $233.95 Chiropractors fee with a drawing of a 7 legged spider (Which he claims should settle the matter).

David Thorne is awesome--he's basically a professional troll. One of my favorites of his involves a fake advertisement for a free snowboard.

Hendly Devin

No this cant be true!
I just started reading Cyrano de Bergerac, Edmond Rostand's 1897 play. I saw most of it on tv recently, so I thought I'd try reading it. It's really good so far. It's funny.
cyrano is fantastic!!!!! It is my all time favorite play. "your nose, sir, is rather large!" good stuff man good stuff.

Xeno

About half-way through the 4th of "The Power of Five" series by Anthony Horowitz.
I would love to read "Angel" the latest installment of the Maximum Ride series but, sadly my school library doesn't have it. :(

Hendly Devin

No this cant be true!
I finished the collection of short stories by murakami titled "after the quake" which is a series of short stories loosely related to each other but holding a retrospective of the kobe earthquakes as a common theme. It was pretty good. The famous Super Frog Saves Tokyo story was included in the collection. It was perhaps one of my favorites. Its a quick read, i suggest lending it from a library.

Last edited:

Stormtail

I just started re-reading Flowers for Algernon. It's a great book. Sad.

Edit:
cyrano is fantastic!!!!! It is my all time favorite play. "your nose, sir, is rather large!" good stuff man good stuff.

Yeah, I loved it!