• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are you reading?

Revolver_Thotcelot

The E x p e r t
“Crime and Punishment” by Fyodor Dostoevsky. It lives up to its reputation of being long, but even though it has a bit of a slow start, it’s hypnotizing to read.

E

Espionaaage

I'm reading a whole bunch of random shit at the moment haha.

I started reading The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, i'm only 15 pages in but I like it so far. I'm also reading an anthology by Jennifer L. Armentrout called "Meet Cute", it's okay but not great tbh. I'm just about to start reading Mirage by Somiya Daud & The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, these two are books i've been debating on keeping for a while now. So I'm going into them without obscenely high expectations.

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
Not long finished "Pompeii" by Robert Harris, good novel, worth a read if you like historic fiction or the historic eruption of Vesuvius. The book I'm on now is Rosemary Sutcliff's "Outcast" set in Roman Britain. It's about an orphaned Roman boy adopted by the Brigantes peoples, until the exile him fearing he brought bad luck to the tribe.

Ash Sukea

High functioning everything...most days.
King Henry VI Pt III
Billy Shakes histories are a bit of a slog to get through.

Trndsttr

Yeet
Everyone has mentioned serious books and I’m sitting here waiting patiently for the next Wings of Fire to come out because it has talking lesbian dragons and I love it

Corran Orreaux

Started 'Common Sense' by Thomas Paine. Want to get more into reading political philosophy stuff and I figure Common Sense would be a good start considering it acted as a sort of foundation for American democracy and I live there. Also Phantom of the Opera and Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil.

HazelCat

I'm obnoxious
Just finished 'a tree grows in Brooklyn', about to read 'the hobbit'

JZLobo

I am currently reading "Murder on the Orient Express" by Agatha Christi.

Cyanomega

Just finished re reading small favor by Jim Butcher.

as with all Jim Butcher books it was an easy read and fun.

I've only read up to turn coat, so I've been re reading the series before I pick up changes.

I love Dresden so it was a great experience.

Except for stormfront. That novel was garbage.

Cosmic-FS

A creature of the night
The Penric's Demon series

25791216._UY933_SS933_.jpg

I was on a forum asking for advice on a piece I was writing and someone suggested it to me as an example
I'm loving it

Nimah

Elevator music appreciator
1574451787-artwar.jpg

Useful to understand and overcome some creative struggles. And cheaper than a therapist.

1574451920-umberto.jpg

Just stuff I'm interested in. The title is pretty self-explanatory. I wish more people have read it.

1574452244-asterix-v38.jpg

Meh... Just Meh... Forgettable. Not "bad" tho, just it's very hard to be Goscinny's successor.

Existenceinanutshell

The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers.

I've been sorta on a Cthulhu Mythos marathon more or less. So I've been reading and listening to authors who directly and indirectly took part in the mythos.

Hastur/The Yellow King came from this story. So been reading it. It's a 5 out 10 for me.

It's a short story collection. Some stories are better than others.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Currently nothing but im thinking about getting this.
220px-Roadside-picnic-macmillan-cover.jpg

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Telefonbog_ubt-1.JPG

A phone book. While the story is not too exciting, it has a shitload of characters. I wonder will they make movie based on it.

I

Isabella_

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
・Very cool design imho
・Nice plot
・It has loooots of references to video games and modern culture
Luv it
I think you would like it ^^

Izzy4895

Bad Fox
I am close to finishing Nikolai Gogol's Dead Souls.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Recently was able to snag Attenborough's "Life in Cold Blood" from the library, along with "Chief Joseph & The Fight of the Nez Perce" (by Kent Nerburn), so those have accounted for much of my reading the last few days.