• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are you reading?

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.
I'm alternating between some of Carl Jung's collected essays and a book on insight meditation. I don't tend to read a lot of fiction.

pilgrimfromoblivion

DEEP IN THE JEANS SHE'S WEARING
I'm alternating between some of Carl Jung's collected essays and a book on insight meditation. I don't tend to read a lot of fiction.
like answer to job or whatever it was called? i watch a lot of Max Derrat so he comes up a lot, especially in silent hill videos

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm reading through Ten Billion by Stephen Emmott, though the book is a quick read. If you're interested in climate change, population studies, and future trends affecting the planet and its people, I'd recommend the book as introduction to those topics that isn't too time intensive.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Bit sciency and dry for most but I have slowly been reading through this and a book on falconry
20201206_214545.jpg

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
How are you finding it so far?

It's interesting but I'm suffering from a lot of stress and it's taking me a while to read through it. I'm probably not absorbing all of it. I may read it again when I'm older.

I like the way the society is shown to change over the years. The way the hoxneys were domesticated and how this changed the way the people lived was neat. And the afflictions that people suffer from across the seasons on the planet made me reflect on what humans IRL are suffering (Covid 19 pandemic.) It's given me an insight into the nature of change.

Last edited:

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
It's interesting but I'm suffering from a lot of stress and it's taking me a while to read through it. I'm probably not absorbing all of it. I may read it again when I'm older.

I like the way the society is shown to change over the years. The way the hoxneys were domesticated and how this changed the way the people lived was neat. And the afflictions that people suffer from across the seasons on the planet made me reflect on what humans IRL are suffering (Covid 19 pandemic.) It's given me an insight into the nature of change.
Brian Aldiss is very good portraying civilizations' evolution over vast tracts of time. Civilizational change is actually a major theme of the series, so I'd encourage you to read on if you can, at your own pace.

I wouldn't mind talking about the series with you either.

Sorry about your stress.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I’m reading House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas for the second time this year. I love getting absorbed in mystery plots, so this book is just perfect :D

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Brian Aldiss is very good portraying civilizations' evolution over vast tracts of time. Civilizational change is actually a major theme of the series, so I'd encourage you to read on if you can, at your own pace.

I wouldn't mind talking about the series with you either.

Sorry about your stress.

Thank you, and I am steadily plodding towards the end. I would like to talk about the book, but I'm extremely shy about my opinions and interpretation of fiction. I lack the confidence at the present, but thank you for the offer. Maybe one day.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Thank you, and I am steadily plodding towards the end. I would like to talk about the book, but I'm extremely shy about my opinions and interpretation of fiction. I lack the confidence at the present, but thank you for the offer. Maybe one day.
In your own time, then.

I hope you're enjoying the read.

VileKeyKeeper

I'm currently re-reading "A game of thrones"! And since I've got the rest of the books as a birthday gift this year, I plan to read all the books one by one after I finish the first one <3

For me, that was one of these books "I'll never ever read in my life" turned "One of my all-time favorites". I tried to watch the TV series first and hated it with all my heart. Then I convinced myself to try and read at least the first few pages of the book and?? It's so much better, I can't get enough of all the characters and their personalities, and the way George Martin writes is just *chef's kiss* perfect.

D

Deleted member 134556

Children of Ash and Elm- by Neil Price. I ordered the hardcover.

kittyDecaying

Musician, Enjoyer of small shiny things. she/her
I’m reading House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas for the second time this year. I love getting absorbed in mystery plots, so this book is just perfect :D
That book has tempted me every time I've seen it at work, and I've still never gotten around to getting it!

I've been reading Piranesi by Susanna Clarke. It takes a bit to get to the really interesting parts, but it's still super interesting throughout.

zenmaldita

always hungry
do fanfictions count cos
I'll Be Seeing You by Kalte & travisTea is amazing so far!

It's a slowburn about an inexperienced hitman on his first solo mission and a killer-for-fun falling in love
got me like this for days

tenor.gif