• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are you reading?

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Oroonoko, by Aphra Behn. It's pretty short. Gotta read it for my seminar tomorrow. Which I might have to miss cos I gotta wait for a (ID needed) delivery, but I should at least do the prep
It's a relatively short novel, so I'd recommend reading it for experience though I have conflicting feelings about the novel. The class we had in college about it was interesting.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I read Meat and Salt and Sparks by Rich Larson recently. The main character, Cu, is an enhanced chimpanzee detective who is tasked with solving a bizarre murder than unfolds in unforeseen ways. If you like this short story, I'd recommend his other works, some of which is freely available. His also has a short story collection out called The Tomorrow Factory, which I'll read eventually.

Hound-of-chulainn

I just finished this book called Nanodaemons the other day. It's about an augmented human that was framed for murder and is unknowingly helped out by a group of AI managing all of his prosthetics. It was a pretty fun read.

nemenemoneme

I'm reading a butt load of history books at the moment, mostly for research to use in my writing but also for enjoyment.
King Arthur: Man or Myth by Tony Sullivan, The Black Prince of Florence: The Life of Alessandro de' Medici by Catherine Fletcher :D

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm reading The Man Who Was Thursday by GK Chesterton off and on. It's kind of surreal for when it was written.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Don Quixote. We're not doing it on my course, but we are doing early novels, so it seemed relevant.

It's long as fuck but the enormous amount of chapters keeps it easy to read. Feels like I'm progressing more when I can get through five chapters in half an hour.

And damn, those off-hand comments I'd seen on the Chris Chan documentary were right. Don Quixote really is just a 17th century lolcow.

I've only read the first thirty pages or so atm, but he's already harassed a town into giving him knighthood, and spend a night homeless because no books he's read have ever noted how knights need to bring money with them.

Nexus Cabler

Draconic technophile
The Necronomicon, a collection of Lovecraft's works.

Last edited: