• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Scared of?

Z

ZeroVoidTime

bees, wasps, cockroaches, and ironically dogs. (Though anthro dogs do not scare me.)

I

Infrarednexus

Don't judge me. But moths scare the crap out of me. They are horrifying creatures of the night ;w;
My sister is afraid of moths too. Whenever there is one in the house, she finds me to get me to come and catch it so I can take it outside. I just catch them with my hands and carry them out the door. They're usually more of a problem during mid summer where I live.

AppleButt

I’m also scared of littering.

This is going to sound weird so don’t judge me.

The reason is because I legitimately believe that if I litter, then someone or something will murder me if I do.

I was at work once and dropped a piece of paper, and it kind of blew away. I almost went into panic mode looking for it, but I found it pretty soon after.

It’s silly, but yeah.

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
Mutha fucking EARWIGS.
1200px-Earwig_on_white_background.jpg

EVEN SEEING THAT IS CAUSING MY HEAD TO TURTLE INTO MY BODY! NOPE FUCK THOSE I'm OUT!

Monsieur Doveteux

The Local Grammarian
Mutha fucking EARWIGS.
1200px-Earwig_on_white_background.jpg

EVEN SEEING THAT IS CAUSING MY HEAD TO TURTLE INTO MY BODY! NOPE FUCK THOSE I'm OUT!
Please tell me that’s a really, really close-up image.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Mine'a fear of heights - I've had it since I was a child, but it's actually worse now that I'm an adult.

I'd say mine is a little more justified than usual, though, given that railings in most places barely make it up to my waist. I could very easily go sailing over the edge.

Might as well add that my mother is terrified of snakes, which would normally be understandable since she works in an area where pois venomous rattlesnakes are a thing... but she practically goes sailing into the air over even the harmless garter snake. It's ridiculous.

I

Infrarednexus

If it helps, cows have killed more people than sharks. I've also heard coconuts kill more people than sharks usually being 3 people per year to the sharls 2, but don't quote me on that last one.
It helps a little, but they still scare me. It has to do with how helpless you are in the water if one decides to attack you. The likelyhood of you simply being attacked by one is higher than actually dying by one. Plus, Bull Sharks (one of the most aggressive species according to reports) can live in freshwater areas, such as rivers or flooded regions, like this sneaky boi right here....

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
It helps a little, but they still scare me. It has to do with how helpless you are in the water if one decides to attack you. The likelyhood of you simply being attacked by one is higher than actually dying by one. Plus, Bull Sharks (one of the most aggressive species according to reports) can live in freshwater areas, such as rivers or flooded regions, like this sneaky boi right here....
To be fair, that's a salt water inlet, but bulls can go much further in until the water is 85% fresh and still do just fine. And I've had that happen to me when fishing once in Gulf of Mexico, had about the same reaction too.

I

Infrarednexus

To be fair, that's a salt water inlet, but bulls can go much further in until the water is 85% fresh and still do just fine. And I've had that happen to me when fishing once in Gulf of Mexico, had about the same reaction too.
I don't live near the ocean, so thankfully I don't have to worry about that. I do remember one time in Florida where I was fishing out in the Key Islands and I saw a shark emerging from the depths as I was reeling in my bait. Probably just a 4 footer, but still pretty scary knowing the guy was there the whole time.

D

Deleted member 111470

While there are hardly any dangerous animals where I live, and I am generally not afraid of animals, I sure as shit bolt it the hell out of there when I come across a snake that's meters away from me. I'm not risking that shit, so I guess you could say I'm afraid of wild animals and reptiles if I run into them by accident.

I remember hiking through the woods near town with a friend and we heard rustling comming from a tree about three meters away from us. Next thing we know, we see a snake crawling down and heading towards us. It was not either of the only two venomous snakes we have in our country, but we didn't stick around long enough to find out if it wants to bite us. We called it a day and ran away xD

Oh and I find owls downright spooky. I mean, I can only imagine walking about in the woods at night and coming across a big owl chilling on a branch. I wouldn't necessarily feel fear but I'd feel creeped out. There's something ominous about them.

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
While there are hardly any dangerous animals where I live, and I am generally not afraid of animals, I sure as shit bolt it the hell out of there when I come across a snake that's meters away from me. I'm not risking that shit, so I guess you could say I'm afraid of wild animals and reptiles if I run into them by accident.

I remember hiking through the woods near town with a friend and we heard rustling comming from a tree about three meters away from us. Next thing we know, we see a snake crawling down and heading towards us. It was not either of the only two venomous snakes we have in our country, but we didn't stick around long enough to find out if it wants to bite us. We called it a day and ran away xD

Oh and I find owls downright spooky. I mean, I can only imagine walking about in the woods at night and coming across a big owl chilling on a branch. I wouldn't necessarily feel fear but I'd feel creeped out. There's something ominous about them.
Squirrels can be evil.

Marcl

The Honey Fox
I fear happiness. More accuratly, I fear the future. I lived in depression without even knowing it, now after more then 10 years, I have a big data of what is pain, but I don't know what is happiness. I fear the future where I'm happy. Well, I will continue running to that future, it's still better then a painfull future.
And keep that aim! Trust me, while happiness might seem dreadful now as something unknown and wierd, it's weird in all good ways. I've been there. Happiness is not unachievable, even if it seems so now, and everyone has the right to feel happy.

Yetanotherfemboyfox

oh boy, I'm gonna need a new account...
1: the unknown, for it lurks everywhere form the in between of stars to our minds.
2: anyone with a gun, for when they are around they can put a end to me with a whim.
3: those whom hate others for being homosexual. because I know deep down if they could they'd torture me and many, many, others they would without qualm or second thought in order to make us right in their eyes.
4: they whom live to fight, for their ruination follows them is like the black death.
5: wasps nests

Last edited:

Cloak7017

I had to think about mine for a bit, but as for phobia I'd say mosquitos. They literally use needles and drain the blood out of you. Horrifying.
My greatest fear is forever being alone. Not being able to find that one special girl to spend the rest of my life with. And then dieing alone.

Pandox_Paradox

It looks like a stick figure wearing sunglasses
After years getting to know someone, spending precious time and money on them, having countless hours of conversation talking about the future; then them deciding they're no longer interested and breaking off the relationship.
I'm so ready to find someone who wants what I want: To find someone who'll love you no matter what, have a few little mini me's, and making it until the end after decades of surviving struggles together as well as having happy memories.

AustinB

Professional loser
The inevitable heat death of the universe.

You think I'm kidding but I'm not. I have a real problem slipping into existential crisis panics. The idea that one day everything will just be...gone... that I will just be... gone... and nothing will matter and nothing with survive and there will just be a nothingness so great that our minds can't even comprehend it...
That's terrifying to me.
If it makes you feel better, that won’t be for billions (or even trillions) of years. We’ll all be long dead before that happens.