• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Are You Scared of?

HeartlessSora

The new Sora has come!
I Hate the darkness , the fear of the unknown where you cant see is pertrefying scary! then im aracnophobic wich doenst help either so i usually when the room is slightly dark (but still possible to move around) ill still turn the lights on! haha

Le Chat Nécro

most thugged-out dope hoe
If it makes you feel better, that won’t be for billions (or even trillions) of years. We’ll all be long dead before that happens.
But what if we got the math wrong at it's going to happen tomorrow???????

Delta Draconis

A blue dwaggy
Standing on a high spot, and looking into the depth below, sometimes a rapid intense fear takes hold of me, that even though I'm sane, and have no suicidal thoughts what so ever, what if my brain would somehow malfunction, snap, and I'd just jump for the lolz. The possibility is abysmally small, but the fact that only a split second of wrongdoing separates me for death makes me nervous.

RayFloret

It might sound kinda dumb but like...I REALLY hate the thought of getting trapped or stuck in a tight space like in one of those playhouse pipe thingies.
iu
It never bothered me as a kid but since I'm pretty tall now, just the thought of crawling through something like that just freaks me out? I was dreaming last night that I had to crawl through a smallish pipe to get to where I needed to go and I panicked and nearly woke myself up lol

Yetanotherfemboyfox

oh boy, I'm gonna need a new account...
But what if we got the math wrong at it's going to happen tomorrow???????
it can't, unless all the matter in the universe just decides to explode the eventual heat death of the universe is a long way form now. also remember that our universe has been around for billions of years, so it's safe to reason that it's a very slow process. now a higg's field collapse is what I worry about.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
It might sound kinda dumb but like...I REALLY hate the thought of getting trapped or stuck in a tight space like in one of those playhouse pipe thingies.
iu
It never bothered me as a kid but since I'm pretty tall now, just the thought of crawling through something like that just freaks me out? I was dreaming last night that I had to crawl through a smallish pipe to get to where I needed to go and I panicked and nearly woke myself up lol

Odd, I often have similar dreams of getting stuck in these sorts of things, or variations of them; funhouse like mazes and labyrinths with very tight spaces.

HuskyLover101

NemesisPrime92 on FA
Nothing in particular bothers me anymore. I've been exposed to so many fucked up things in my life that nothing really phases me. I've been deployed overseas and have seen and done things I hope to God nobody here in the States (or anywhere else, for that matter) has to witness or do. I'm no longer active, but I guess the thing that scares me the most is the things I have to think about and live with every day for the rest of my life. I fell for the whole patriotic thing after 9/11, was young, dumb and stubborn. Sure I learned a lot and it was a heck of experience, but I don't recommend doing it. Join the military in peacetime, avoid the wars if you can!
When I was a kid, however, I had all the usual suspects. Spiders, darkness, the monster under the bed, skeletons and such. I tell you what, you don't know spiders until you deal with them goddamn camel spiders in the Middle East! Those make regular spiders look friendly! I'm still not a fan of spiders but I'm not freakishly nervous about them now.

HuskyLover101

NemesisPrime92 on FA
I love shipwrecks!
Same here! I find them oddly satisfying and fascinating. I'd love to dive to the Titanic and see it but that costs a shit ton of money that I don't have so it'll never happen. That ship's just a few years away from being a pile of rust on the ocean floor, anyway. The rust bacteria are consuming it at a rapid rate, sadly!

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
Same here! I find them oddly satisfying and fascinating. I'd love to dive to the Titanic and see it but that costs a shit ton of money that I don't have so it'll never happen. That ship's just a few years away from being a pile of rust on the ocean floor, anyway. The rust bacteria are consuming it at a rapid rate, sadly!
I'm a Titanicphile, so I feel your pain there. They are still pulling pieces up. Have you been to any of the exhibits?

Matt the Terrier

In a state of indecision
To quote myself, "I am not afraid of dying. Death is just a part of life, it's going to happen to all of us eventually. What I'm afraid of most is what comes after death." That is a legit fear of my, as far fetched as it seems. I'm afraid of what will come after death, and I only have one shot at finding out. Once I go in, I'm not coming back out.

Okay, you want a more tangible fear? I'm afraid of getting shots, like the flu shot. I haven't had a flu shot since I was in High School, I am deathly afraid of those needles, even today. Same thing with getting my blood drawn. I try to justify it and stay cool, but when it's emminent, my hands go icy cold, my voice starts shaking, and my heart rate increases. Just thinking about it as I type this makes me uncomfortable. The fact that I'm due for a doctor's appointment doesn't make things any better. I'm not afraid of going to the doctors though, I just find them boring.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
The I.R.S.

JinxiFox

I’m scared that none of my life has been real.

That I’ll wake up one day realizing it’s all been a dream, and I’m still actually still in Kindergarten.
That is actually an often wished for scenario for me. If I could go back with the knowledge and experience that I have now, I would make sure things would be different.

AppleButt

That is actually an often wished for scenario for me. If I could go back with the knowledge and experience that I have now, I would make sure things would be different.

But how do we know that the dream is actually how our life plays out, and it wasn’t just an extremely long dream that amounted to nothing?

MoguMoguArt

In love with cheese
I'm scared of a lot of things. Loud noises, scary looking bugs (Praying mantisses in particular), people leaving me, someone breaking my heart/ rejection
and probably more ;;

Reiv

I still have problems accepting that I'm a furry
But how do we know that the dream is actually how our life plays out, and it wasn’t just an extremely long dream that amounted to nothing?
Even if it was all a dream, at least if I try to remember it, then the younger me will have soooooo much more knowladge and will be able to not mess up what the dream me did.

JinxiFox

You don't, but retaining the dream would be a great source of knowledge.