• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are your art peeves?

P

Purplefuzz

I really can't stand bad anatomy/art quality in most NSFW stuff.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
"Artists" lacking in both talent and the self-awareness to realize it, churning out page after page of (often niche fetish-oriented) images that appear to be done in MSPaint or with a colored pencil gripped like a hammer.

F

foussiremix

"Artists" lacking in both talent and the self-awareness to realize it, churning out page after page of (often niche fetish-oriented) images that appear to be done in MSPaint or with a colored pencil gripped like a hammer.

Oml this

P

Purplefuzz

So pretty much they make CWC's Sonichu look good in comparison?. lol

N

Nyro46

Bonus points if every single image is basically the same pose/idea but with a different character each time.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
So pretty much they make CWC's Sonichu look good in comparison?. lol
I'd say Sonichu is the unofficial mascot of this phenomenon, actually.

D

Deleted member 111470

Disproportionate characters.

I also really dislike those Japanese-style yiffs where the men are baloon-muscles and they have this surprised expression with a wide mouth that is one shade of pink.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
A lot of them do it simply for the pure fun of it though, which is hardly a half-bad thing in iself - not everything should be about progress or artistic journey after all. Besides, as practice shows, a decent amount of those people, including Chris-Chan (who's story is another level of tragic really), are actually dealing with mental issues, which in a way explains lack of progress and repetitive nature of the drawings; trying to diss those on the merit of "lacking talent and self-awareness" would be pretty ignorant, imo.

I know it's a personal pet peeve - it's just that a lot of people liked it, so I felt like some counterpoint is needed

Last edited:
P

Purplefuzz

A lot of them do it simply for the pure fun of it though, which is hardly a half-bad thing in iself - not everything should be about progress or artistic journey after all. Besides, as practice shows, a decent amount of those people, including Chris-Chan (who's story is another level of tragic really), are actually dealing with mental issues, which in a way explains lack of progress and repetitive nature of the drawings; trying to diss those on the merit of "lacking talent and self-awareness" would be pretty ignorant, imo.

I know it's a personal pet peeve - it's just that a lot of people liked it, so I felt like some counterpoint is needed

That why i don't get the internet beef with him and the Sonichu comics. If anything i think bullying a disabled man for doing something that doesn't harm anyone is gross.

He living proof all the ones who think being a decent human is too hard are just now losers hiding behind there keyboards. Even the ones who are netural about him make me go who cares why is this dude so important?.

It's no different on shaming 6 year olds artwork, that stings since he clearly has a mental age of 10 years old.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
"It's just my style."

We all make mistakes. Every artist of every walk of life makes mistakes. Claiming it's your style when you made a clear error is just inexcusable. Part of being an artist is learning from your makes and understanding how to compensate for your weaknesses. Said compensation is what develops into a style, but if you drew something wrong because you refuse to use reference is just silly.

F

foussiremix

"It's just my style."

We all make mistakes. Every artist of every walk of life makes mistakes. Claiming it's your style when you made a clear error is just inexcusable. Part of being an artist is learning from your makes and understanding how to compensate for your weaknesses. Said compensation is what develops into a style, but if you drew something wrong because you refuse to use reference is just silly.

I see the "my style" excuse so often on instagram art tutorials comment sections. Those persons will probably will never get better at art, at all.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
I see the "my style" excuse so often on instagram art tutorials comment sections. Those persons will probably will never get better at art, at all.
All too often people are ashamed to admit they made a mistake. As a society we sometimes stigmatize mistakes, yet in doing so we forget fucking up is integral to the learning process. You need to make mistakes, errors, and have outright failures along the way. How we learn from those mistakes is what sets us apart and what drives people to get better.

It's important that we remind people of that, too. You made mistake, and if you're a fellow artist, perhaps offer that person some redlines on things they could have done differently to correct it. Not everybody will be accepting of it, as some people can not accept criticism. But that's the difference in somebody who wants to learn. People who want to learn want to know what they did wrong so they can avoid it.