• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are your favorite uncommon furry species?

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
No one ever likes tenrecs as much as I like tenrecs.

Tahr
Tayra

Tardigrade
Bush dogs are really cute
musk deer
muntjac
cloud rat
bearded pig
Binturong

Last edited:

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
Velvet worms.

They're cool because they slither veeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly up to their prey and give them a little poke. If the prey doesn't move, they give them a little poke again for like ten seconds. And then if they still don't react, they puke up slime all over them and devour them. There's even a species that live in family units and they sit on each other to assert dominance. I seriously can't even stand it it's so fucking cute oh my god.

Wa*Ya*Ha

Can't trick a Trickster

starcandy12

I'd love to see a quoll or a rock wallaby, or some other marsupial that's not a kangaroo or koala (actually, I haven't seen a koala either).

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Thank you, I'll be here being a Tasmanian devil person thing all week.

I didn't know there was a sub species ^_^ My bf who isn't a fur but told me what his fursona would be and it was a sabre tooth. I never even have thought of that and I love the idea of it now.

"Paleospecies" meaning extinct animals or animals existing long ago seen in the fossil record, not genus or subspecies. Though there are many different types of "sabre toothed" cat in prehistoric eras.

I want some Gomphotheres.
Just sayin'.

Or Thylacoleo Carnefex

Kaprosuchus saharicus

Arsinoitherium

TrinityWolfess

This totally got me very interested in prehistoric. I saw a show on the discovery channel...( I believe) and they were showing prehistoric wolves.

badlands

drunken pirate
On this note, more paleospecies!

you rang?

although, i don't think any kind of wolf counts (even extinct ones) due to the fact there's so many of us in the fandom...

anyway, Entelodonts aka: hell pigs

i honestly think these were one of the coolest animals ever to have lived

Last edited:

Jesie

I'M A WINNER
Kaprosuchus saharicus

HOLY SHIT. LOOK AT THAT SWEET ASS MOTHERFUCKER.

Man if I were skinnyer I'd be all over that like a fat man on a ice cream cake.

But for now, a fat lazy alligator best suits me.

Ramses

Elephants.

Razorbacks.

Dinosaurs.

Mongooses!
From wikipedia:
"The mongoose emits a high-pitched noise, commonly known as giggling, when it mates. Giggling is also heard during courtship."

Wa*Ya*Ha

Can't trick a Trickster
Out of all the wolves, the maned wolf doesn't get much attention. Beautiful animal.
My friend is actually working on a maned wolf sona right now.

as far as domestic dogs, i'd love to see a weenie dog =P they could like, wear pants with a REALLY low crotch...

YuPuffin

Blue and purple.
I went to the zoo yesterday and it occurred to me that we need more porcupines... I don't think I've ever seen one (but I haven't looked very hard).