• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Agatha-Hart

I feel like almost every fursona I see are wolves, foxes, dogs, or cats, and that's perfectly fine, but I'm just curious, if those weren't an option, what would you guys say are your favorite furs? What uncommon furs do you guys think are cute/cool/sexy?

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Greetings my friend, I enjoy my fursona quite well. It's pretty unique if I don't say so myself

NC MAX.jpg

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
I draw insect anthros. I'd imagine that's uncommon as I see... ...no one else in 100 miles.

Rust

RustHeart
Honestly I didn't see many cats at Anthrocon, but maybe in the fandom as a whole there are many cats? My fursona is a cat.
I really love the birds.

drawain

Artist
Yeah cats aren't that common as one may think.

And yes, birds! <3 I really love to mix them with dragons:

17696097@400-1442379335.jpg

Bad as a sona though. *sparkle sparkle*

Also want to make myself a spider(dragon)sona someday. Spiders should get more love.

Agatha-Hart

Yeah cats aren't that common as one may think.

And yes, birds! <3 I really love to mix them with dragons:

17696097@400-1442379335.jpg

Bad as a sona though. *sparkle sparkle*

Also want to make myself a spider(dragon)sona someday. Spiders should get more love.

Cool! Personally I love feathered dragons, it just gives them such a cool flair. And I wonder if part of the lack of spider sonas is because you have to draw all the extra arms? (I mean, I'm sure some of it is because so many people are afraid of them, but other than that!)

drawain

Artist
And I wonder if part of the lack of spider sonas is because you have to draw all the extra arms?
Oh yes, I'd bet that's also a reason. Doing more limbs - okay. Drawing more hands? Uggghhh,hands are a struggle.

Agatha-Hart

Honestly I didn't see many cats at Anthrocon, but maybe in the fandom as a whole there are many cats? My fursona is a cat.
I really love the birds.
Maybe I'm showing my age with the cats thing; I remember seeing them when I was knocking around Gaia a million years ago. I almost put 'rabbits' as a commonly used one too, but I know it's been a long time since I've seen many of those.

Agatha-Hart

Oh yes, I'd bet that's also a reason. Doing more limbs - okay. Drawing more hands? Uggghhh,hands are a struggle.
Snrk, it's like when you're first starting out and you draw every character with their hands behind their backs so you don't have to draw them--if it were a spider sona they'd have to have all their arms behind their back. That'd look interesting.

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
Snrk, it's like when you're first starting out and you draw every character with their hands behind their backs so you don't have to draw them--if it were a spider sona they'd have to have all their arms behind their back. That'd look interesting.

Drawing hands is considerably easier when your drawing doesn't take up too much space. Of course, you don't want it too small, but small enough that you can fit some details. For insects and arthropod anthros, it's pretty easy I found, as it is commonplace to make joints segmented, so I you can just build off of a base until you have a hand instead of sketching it out.

Though a true spider anthro confuses me. I can understand 4 arms, but what about 6? Which ones are the legs? How would you divide up the limbs to make it look decent?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Clearly, us Skunks are both cute, and well, I blush a bit to admit it is so, but also sexy!

My alternate fursona is a Fossa (Cryptoprocta Ferox), native to Madagascar, and a bit of a prankster, but also a bit derpy. He's just called Fossa-Boy, or Fossa, he can't grasp why you would want a name.

Others I like and have used in RP: Mongoose, Raccoon.

I started out as an Alaskan Malamute, yes, a dog, and I still use my original Sweet Pea the Malamute fursona here and again...hard to let go of.

Simo

I saw one on the road the other day. It did not try it's best.

Poor fella! That's the thing: Skunks don't really fear anyone, except owls, who have no sense of smell. Anyone from humans to bears, they can make go away, easy. So when they see a car, they get confused, and will often try and spray, thinking it's some creature, as opposed to backing down. Probably the main form of perdition.

FoxInTheCloset

The Over Caffeinated Vulpine
Poor fella! That's the thing: Skunks don't really fear anyone, except owls, who have no sense of smell. Anyone from humans to bears, they can make go away, easy. So when they see a car, they get confused, and will often try and spray, thinking it's some creature, as opposed to backing down. Probably the main form of perdition.
There are a few animals like this, hedgehogs are another example. When they hear a lawnmower their first instinct is to curl up in a defensive ball...

Damn human technology.

Simo

There are a few animals like this, hedgehogs are another example. When they hear a lawnmower their first instinct is to curl up in a defensive ball...

Damn human technology.

I really like hedgehogs. When I used to commute to work by car, I'd always see them on the side of the road, calmly nibbling away. It made me jealous, almost: Me, stuck in all this traffic on this deadening commute between Baltimore and DC, and them, looking so care-free.

I wrote a poem about this, once.

30,000 Miles, One Way (Groundhogs)

I’ve come to expect less:
the accidents
cleared to the shoulder,
the twisted masses of steel and plastic,
the flashing lights.
sirens,
the bodies carried off on stretchers
in the next lane over:
the line of brake-lights slowing,
tiny corpuscles
stretching into the distance of this clogged artery
where deer lay folded,
as if asleep,
their blood ticked across windshields,
or ground into the pavement like bruises,
the bright orange of fox fur
sending a sharp scent of decay
upwards to circling birds.

The groundhogs
watch from the sides of the parkway,
nibbling tender shoots,
laboring against this all
content merely to fatten themselves for their long sleep.

If I could stop
for one moment,
I would become them.

But instead
the need
the hunger
that is always there
pushes me up and down this same grey strip of pavement
in this tiny metal box,
bald tires,
the side mirror knocked off by the plow,
the engine misfiring,