• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are your irrational fears?

T

TheMetalVelocity

Hillary getting into office, but I don't know if that's considered an irrational fear.

Koota

breaking glass top furniture .

The King Maker

First Of A Dying Breed
Driving. Going back to school.

BlufftheHusky

It doesn't consume my daily thoughts but every now and then I think about a random bullet hitting me.

KrysleQuinsen

Abstract Chimaera
I think I have anxiety when I drop a performance on something I'm good at, feeling less IQ, lack of focus, lack of creative, low productivity for far too long. :confused:

Gronix

Catless Cat Lady
Having to stand still around people without being able to move makes me go crazy overtime.
Also I have a great fear of making bad impressions with someone, even tough I love to meet new people I just panic out and can't say anything a lot of the times.

SCPH7503

Latent Appliance Fetishist
Wasps. Fucking wasps. I get almost paralyzed in fear every time I see one.

Figures there's a queen wasp trying to set up shop right out my window, right this very minute. I haven't gone in my room since I realized it was a queen.

GemWolf

Imma wolf with style
Wasps. Fucking wasps. I get almost paralyzed in fear every time I see one.

Figures there's a queen wasp trying to set up shop right out my window, right this very minute. I haven't gone in my room since I realized it was a queen.

I share your fear exactly. Wasps terrify me - especially hornets. We have big bastards here and I'm beyond phobic. I literally get the fight or flight response and my body gives me a split second to decide which one I'm going to do, and I if I don't make a decision fast enough I literally pass out

GemWolf

Imma wolf with style
Losing my mind. Going crazy. Losing cognitive function to the point of not even realizing it.
That's a unique fear (as in I have never heard of anyone having it before) ...is it something you have to deal with everyday or does it just grab at you now and then?

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
That's a unique fear (as in I have never heard of anyone having it before) ...is it something you have to deal with everyday or does it just grab at you now and then?

When I was doing lots of susbatances I often felt out of mind. I think about Dr. Gonzo from Fear and Loathing. "You took too much, man. Too much. Too muuuuch!" Particularly went I first went sober, I felt like I had caused permanent damage (i hadnt, but normalcy took a long time to return) Nightmares. Anxiety. Racing thoughts. I mean. -Constant- racing thoughts. I think too large some times. I think a lot. Get caught in circular thought patterns. Misconstrue certain random events as signs and see patterns in numbers. I have to talk myself out of it.

Now days its the real possibility of alzheimers in the far future. My great grandad had it. So. Yanno.

Last edited:

GemWolf

Imma wolf with style
When I was doing lots of susbatances I often felt out of mind. I think about Dr. Gonzo from Fear and Loathing. "You took too much, man. Too much. Too muuuuch!" Particularly went I first went sober, I felt like I had caused permanent damage (i hadnt, but normalcy took a long time to return) Nightmares. Anxiety. Racing thoughts. I mean. -Constant- racing thoughts. I think too large some times. I think a lot. Get caught in circular thought patterns. Misconstrue certain random events as signs and see patterns in numbers. I have to talk myself out of it.

Now days its the real possibility of alheimers in the far future. My great grandad had it. So. Yanno.

Well its no wonder then *hugs*

Astrium

King of the Noodles
Jellyfish are pretty freaky

They lack both hearts and brains, no multicellular organism should be able to live like that.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
1. Fear of things (or people) touching my neck
2. Fear of walking around in the dark and the fear of sleeping in an illuminated area.
3. Fear of invisible bugs. All bugs.
4. Fear that something behind me is a monster that wants to eat me.
5. Fear of calling people on the phone
6. Fear of driving
7. Fear of Heights
8. Fear of a gray world (a world without color)
9. Fear of rooms with blank white walls
10. Fear of Male nurses (I don't know why, no offense if you are one. I just don't feel comfortable at all with you treating me.)
11. Fear of demons
12. Fear of bleeding out.
13. Fear of being left behind

Insects touching me. I have no problem seeing insects in general or learning about them, but if they touch me I flip out. Also fishing hooks. Just the thought of one getting caught in my skin makes me shudder. These two things together are probably why I don't really like the idea of fishing.

JerryFoxcoon

The classy Captain Furfag
Success. I seem to avoid it like the plague for some obscure reason. Whenever something interesting shows up in a close future, I back off and wait until it's just a little too late. Then I call myself all names I've heard in my life after getting so close to achieving something, once again. Repeat.

That's a really counter-productive pattern I need to break...

Koota

When i was young i fell into a wasp nest. Well i am not very fond of them anymore.