• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are your most favorite weapons?

lilEmber

Small Dragon
The M16 has always been reliable...
Wait, what?
M16a1 jammed a lot.
M16a2 had a few issues, some being overheating and severe jamming issues.
M16a3 had full automatic fire, so it wasn't issued to normal troops else they would waste their ammo, also had the same issues the a2 had.
M16a4 is the first one to have a rail system as standard, and like the A2 has a few issues, though the only big one left is the constant maintenance required to operate it effectively; keeping your weapon clean is always a good thing, but you can't get the M16 wet and fire it, and you can't get it dirty either. Though the overheating is non-existent in most cases on the a4, a large improvement but still not reliable.

faithful to the United States. Hell, I bet we only continue to use it since it's pretty much the iconic weapon of America, despite the fact that is it aging.
Well that's a better argument there; you like the weapon because it is of significance to your country.

Last edited:

Kaiit

I am rather partial to a good, old fashioned bow and arrow. Can't give you any specifics because I've never looked into it, but I'd own one if I had money to blow.

I blame Robin Hood.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
I am rather partial to a good, old fashioned bow and arrow. Can't give you any specifics because I've never looked into it, but I'd own one if I had money to blow.

I blame Robin Hood.

What type of bow? I like bows, I love the old type of long-bows but if I were to ever get one it would have to be a compound-bow myself.

Kaiit

What type of bow? I like bows, I love the old type of long-bows but if I were to ever get one it would have to be a compound-bow myself.

As I said, I never looked into it so I have no idea xD

All I really know of bows is whatever they generally use at archery courses since I've been a couple of times. Must say, splendid fun shooting long distance.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
As I said, I never looked into it so I have no idea xD

All I really know of bows is whatever they generally use at archery courses since I've been a couple of times. Must say, splendid fun shooting long distance.
Isn't it? I love being able to watch my shot arc through the air and land dead-on target; it takes so much skill to use a bow & arrow, compared to using bullets.

We had archery in school during "gym", or physical education as it was properly called, where they called this one classmate Robin Hood for hitting the target once where most people failed; then I gained the title for that class period when I managed to hit the bullseye once and the target almost every time after missing the first shot the rest was kind of easy, but really fun.

Kaiit

Isn't it? I love being able to watch my shot arc through the air and land dead-on target; it takes so much skill to use a bow & arrow, compared to using bullets.

Rather! And a lot of arm strength, which explains why I was terrible at long distance - I always fell short of the target. Never mind though, I did always get the most accurate when it came to target archery.

Our school took us a couple of times for PE if we were willing to pay the entrance fee. I jumped at the oppertunity. We did do rifle shooting, too, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

Irreverent

Actually, lemme expand on my earlier post:

Astra 903

Beretta 38A

MP.41

MP.28

Sten Mk.II

Thompson M1928

PPSH 41

M3

MG.34T

DP28

Browning BAR

Classics. I'm hoping Defilade will chip in here.

Aestuo

A paradox is my favorite weapon. There is nothing like scrambling the brains of your enemies and sending them into comas. X3

On a more physical and serious note, I would have to say that my favorite weapons lie within their own categories. Each category has its usefulness in specific situations. Since there are too many categories and almost an infinite number of possible scenarios, I will attempt to generalize what my preferences tend to be.

I tend to prefer stealth, long range, and efficiency over power and destructive force - silent, seclusive, and hidden just out of sight with just enough power to do the job, no more, no less.

Of course, my preferences have been subject to change when applicable. Here a few example scenarios:

Zombie Apocalypse - A shotgun with an assortment of different ammo types should serve me well
Medieval - Melee: long sword, Ranged: long bow, Siege: trebuchet
Futuristic - Railguns and anti-matter: Nothing like hurling a bolt of anti-matter at your enemies by using nothing more than a few strong magnets

Like I said before, it depends upon the entirety of the situation and what weapons and technologies are available. I would have to say, though, that my favorite scenario is medieval. The weapons and combat had a certain unique feel to them that no other scenario has been able to match. That is about it for me on weapons, though.

[EDIT] However, if not medieval, I would choose zombie apocalypse as my second choice. I am not sure what it is, but killing zombies just has a certain thrill to it. X3

On a similar note, medieval zombie apocalypse would be entertaining.

Last edited:

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Makes you wonder why they never switch over to something better.
It's because the US wants a weapon that's 200% better than the M16 and M4, no literally that's what they requested a weapon 200% better in every possible way, and be cheap.

The OICW was a byproduct of a weapon attempting this 200% goal, and clearly it failed in many ways because it was too damn large and heavy.
The M8 is another byproduct, a failure; the SCAR is like the M8 but is succeeded, currently the SCAR is undergoing use by SOCOM forces as a replacement for the M4/M16's.

The M468 is another weapon, designed by Barrett, that's possibly replacing the M16/M4; the M4688 uses the same lower receiver as the AR-15 rifles, so it's familiar and comes apart exactly like them, is cleaned the same way, and etc while having the upper parts modified to take the 6.8 caliber round which (basically) has the accuracy and range of the 5.56 with the stopping power and penetration of the 7.62. The M468 also has a rail integrated system and flip-up iron sights. It also comes standard with the ability to use a suppressor as well it's smaller, lighter, more powerful, more accurate, more reliable, less heat issues, much less jamming issues, better safety, folding stock, muzzle break/flash suppressor built in. It's, in my opinion, the next super-weapon.

M468 (image)

There's a bunch of other weapons as well, even an AK remake that was testing for possible use by the US.

Lulian

It's because the US wants a weapon that's 200% better than the M16 and M4, no literally that's what they requested a weapon 200% better in every possible way, and be cheap.

The OICW was a byproduct of a weapon attempting this 200% goal, and clearly it failed in many ways because it was too damn large and heavy.
The M8 is another byproduct, a failure; the SCAR is like the M8 but is succeeded, currently the SCAR is undergoing use by SOCOM forces as a replacement for the M4/M16's.

The M468 is another weapon, designed by Barrett, that's possibly replacing the M16/M4; the M4688 uses the same lower receiver as the AR-15 rifles, so it's familiar and comes apart exactly like them, is cleaned the same way, and etc while having the upper parts modified to take the 6.8 caliber round which (basically) has the accuracy and range of the 5.56 with the stopping power and penetration of the 7.62. The M468 also has a rail integrated system and flip-up iron sights. It also comes standard with the ability to use a suppressor as well it's smaller, lighter, more powerful, more accurate, more reliable, less heat issues, much less jamming issues, better safety, folding stock, muzzle break/flash suppressor built in. It's, in my opinion, the next super-weapon.

M468 (image)

There's a bunch of other weapons as well, even an AK remake that was testing for possible use by the US.

They seem to have a much easier job finding aircraft and vehicles that can outperform the older aircraft. If only weapons were to be that easy, I guess. Hopefully one day the M16 can finally be put to rest (as in being sold off to some random foreign country). Oh yes, what is with the M4A1 (the automatic version, I believe) being issued to the United States Army Special Forces but not the the regular army? Is there any specific reason as to why they use it?

NewfDraggie said:
That's not a vehicle mounted weapon, the vehicle is accessory, it's what's being mounted to the weapon; without the GAU-8 that plane would have never been built.

Right right, I'm pretty bad with words. :p

Oh and another question for you. Is there any other aircraft using the GAU-8? Something that ain't the A-10?

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
RPCL - Rocket Propelled Chainsaw Launcher.

Self guided chainsaws that are able to home in on a target and remove parts of the target. These babies will make all wars pointless.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
They seem to have a much easier job finding aircraft and vehicles that can outperform the older aircraft. If only weapons were to be that easy, I guess.
Well actually... the F35 which is replacing the A10 Thunderbolt II, the F22, the F18, and the Harrier Jump Jet is a low cost, low speed, low armor, stealth (crappy RAM), crappy avionics, crappy maneuverability, etc etc etc...

Basically, it's a REALLY cheap plane and can deliver specific ordinance to target, but can't beat anything modern in a dogfight, nor is it fast or carrying a large payload. It's a piece of shit that's cheap and that's why Canada, the US, and Britain want it; it's cheap.

There's currently three models:
* F-35A, conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) variant.
* F-35B, short-takeoff and vertical-landing (STOVL) variant.
* F-35C, carrier-based (CV) variant.

It's a pile of trash, I would rather a single A10 for ground support instead of five of these things.

Hopefully one day the M16 can finally be put to rest (as in being sold off to some random foreign country). Oh yes, what is with the M4A1 (the automatic version, I believe) being issued to the United States Army Special Forces but not the the regular army? Is there any specific reason as to why they use it?
Well they get it too, not just any division in SOCOM; but honestly they don't need it, it's better for indoors and actual encounters, normal military pull out when there's hostile force to call in special divisions to take care of the enemy, normal military is more guard and patrol, not engage and assault so they don't need anything other than an accurate rifle.
Right right, I'm pretty bad with words. :p
;3
Oh and another question for you. Is there any other aircraft using the GAU-8? Something that ain't the A-10?
Metal Gear Rex.
But seriously, no; the A10 Thunderbolt II is the only thing that has the GAU-8 Avenger Gatling-Gun. They should place it on a tank in my opinion, shorten the barrels (because they don't need the range on the ground) and strap two of them anti-aircraft style and you have a all-purpose everything killer with armor, kind of like Metal Gear Rex on tracks.

Last edited:

Lulian

The United States likely wants that cheap fat piece of crap since well...no money to afford the shiny stuff.

The GAU-8 produces a LOT of recoil. I wonder how a tank would handle it...but then again, an Abrams is like what? 62 tons? The turret likely weights more then the GAU-8.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
The United States likely wants that cheap fat piece of crap since well...no money to afford the shiny stuff.

The GAU-8 produces a LOT of recoil. I wonder how a tank would handle it...but then again, an Abrams is like what? 62 tons? The turret likely weights more then the GAU-8.

The A10 doesn't weight that much, the recoil the GAU-8 produces isn't that much, it's a lot for a bullet firing weapon, but it could be mounted on a tank no problem even two could be.