• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are your most favorite weapons?

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Is the recoil of the GAU-8 comparable to other bullet firing weapons?
Anti-aircraft weapons I guess, I've never felt a GAU-8 firing, but the plane isn't that heavy and I've seen them fire stationary without the plane moving (it's a myth that the recoil slows the plane, too). If the A10 can do it, a tank can; tanks can't fly.

But the recoil on a tank is one big shell every few seconds, instead of a constant burst of large bullets on a GAU-8; I would probably say the recoil would be similar to that of a m61 or m134 compared to a M2hb .50. It's a more, but not noticeable when mounted on a truck.

T.Y.

Gun
Heatseaker
Heatseeker Single
The power of Angus Young
Ladder
Chair
Table
burning table
Sludgehammer
Sword
the fists of fury
Heatbutting
Pepper Spray
Paddle
Bombs
My cock
Glass
Broken Glass
Kicking
Cell Phone battery

i might think of more soon.

Irreverent

Anti-aircraft weapons I guess, I've never felt a GAU-8 firing, but the plane isn't that heavy and I've seen them fire stationary without the plane moving (it's a myth that the recoil slows the plane, too). If the A10 can do it, a tank can; tanks can't fly.

Yeesh. My external ballistics on cannon shells is rusty. Not sure that the 30mm DU round has enough inertia fired from a stand still to penetrate all type of armor. The round has the inertia of the plane its flying in, the vectors are additive.

For fixed base cannon, they'd probably have to cook the chemical composition of the round to get similar velocities.

lobosabio

Dance the Mussolini
My typewriter.

Failing that, a trebuchet. Stone them into submission!

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Yeah, I got that.

It's just that everybody and his grandpa idolizes the katana like they're forged by God himself. Just once I'd like to see an invincible badass with a rapier or broadsword or dao or literally any other kind of sword.

How about two of these?... http://www.sitemason.com/files/kSwOEE/528a kukri.jpg

The Desert Eagle is a good enough semiauto pistol and it's one of the few that can even manage to survive cycling rounds typically used in revolvers (IE the .357 and .44 Magnum) but since it has such a heavy slide that jerks back when it is fired in addition to the force of the recoil itself the gun can be neigh uncontrollable especially in .50AE and because of the extreme force the gun is subject to the parts tend to wear out quicker than say those in a Beretta M92FS 9mm. Desert Eagles are also quiet heavy, somewhere around five pounds unloaded and they use very large bullets (a .357 magnum round is about twice the length of a 9x19mm) so they're unweildy and they fire fairly slow and because they fire rimmed cartridges they tend to jam a lot more than I personally would like with a combat pistol.

They are very accurate pistols and they are firing very powerful rounds that have muzzle energies on par with most assault rifle's but they have a very low magazine capacity and are overall more of a hunting pistol than a combat pistol.

It'd do the job, not as competiently as a Glock 17 or a Colt 1911a1 but they'll kill what their bullets hit. But I wouldn't choose one considering for the space and weight that the Desert Eagle and its ammo take up I could carry both the Glock and the Colt.

.357 Magnum... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.357_Magnum

Bullet diameter .357 in (9.1 mm)
Neck diameter .379 in (9.6 mm)
Base diameter .379 in (9.6 mm)
Rim diameter .440 in (11.2 mm)
Rim thickness .060 in (1.5 mm)
Case length 1.29 in (33 mm)
Overall length 1.59 in (40 mm)

9mm... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9x19mm_Parabellum

Bullet diameter 9.03 mm (0.356 in)
Neck diameter 9.65 mm (0.380 in)
Base diameter 9.93 mm (0.391 in)
Rim diameter 9.96 mm (0.392 in)
Rim thickness 0.90 mm (0.035 in)
Case length 19.15 mm (0.754 in)
Overall length 29.69 mm (1.169 in)

Here's your Desert Eagle specs:

http://www.magnumresearch.com/desert_eagle_techdata.asp

According to the specs, the heaviest DE only weighs 4.4625 pounds, not five.

I have one of those.

How do you like yours...?

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Yeesh. My external ballistics on cannon shells is rusty. Not sure that the 30mm DU round has enough inertia fired from a stand still to penetrate all type of armor. The round has the inertia of the plane its flying in, the vectors are additive.

For fixed base cannon, they'd probably have to cook the chemical composition of the round to get similar velocities.

That's not a noticeable difference, though.
It will still tear through armor with its 30 x 173mm Depleted Uranium - Armor Piercing Incendiary rounds. I don't think Abrams DU armor can withstand more than a second of fire, which is 70 rounds (140 with dual GAU-8's as I suggested)

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Last edited:

Bambi

Any weapon that's extremely easy to use.

If you can get me using the thing pretty effectively in under five minutes, I'll call it my favorite. I've got no preferences, except to performance.

Irreverent

That's not a noticeable difference, though.
It will still tear through armor with its 30 x 173mm Depleted Uranium - Armor Piercing Incendiary rounds. I don't think Abrams DU armor can withstand more than a second of fire, which is 70 rounds (140 with dual GAU-8's as I suggested)

True, I was thinking about a single round sniper, like the PTSH. High volume of fire would increase the effect.

The K31 is a sweet rifle! While i prefer 6.5x55, the 7.5x55 is great out to 300 meters, and required for DCRA Swiss Rifle Club shoots. This guy has some if you're looking Roose.

Last edited:

lilEmber

Small Dragon
The Mp7a1 Is lighter, more compact , has a faster rate of fire, and has better armor penetration capabilities ;)

More compact, yes; faster rate of fire, weight, and armor penetration goes to the FNP90.
The P90 is a vastly superior weapon in every way except accuracy and stopping power, but with so many rounds at such rate of fire that doesn't matter.

Neither are one handed, they can be fired with one hand, but with the right person so can almost any firearm; they have the ability to be held with two hands for a reason.

Irreverent

Yorokonde2

Vault-Tec Sponser
Lets see... I prefer the odd and unusual weapons for my written characters. Bayonets (Go Anderson!) as a hand held weapon, razors (the old fashioned, flip out shaving kind), pencils or pens... that kinda stuff. I'm also a major fan of improvised weapons (chairs and the like) and a few select others. The crowbar is quite awesome as both a tool and a weapon for zombie survival scenarios.

Tryp

Some dry white toast please
Machete

Tycho Rass

Yiff Me Silly