• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What are your paranormal/ghosts/ufo stories?

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Well, I don't have any right now because I can't remember quite well, but I would really like to hear your strange stories to give the spookz.

Let me hear 'em!

2spooky4me

RaddaSham

I woke up one saturday pretty early(around 6). While I was laying there, gauging how badly I had to pee, I felt a tug on my covers. Room was silent, I was alone..

I did the only logical thing possible... Pulled the covers over my head and layed there wide awake for 2 hours building up the courage to run to the bathroom x_x

FriendlyFurryFox

Banned
Banned
I was at a museum that was pretty much deserted on a lazy afternoon taking pictures. This place used to be a medical hospital in World War II and before that was a rich manor. Anyway when I got home I looked at the pictures and noticed a man in a long White lab coat standing on the stars looking down towards the wall, like he was reading a chart. Strange thing is I know for a fact nobody was there, I never would take a pictures with someone standing there, and his attire was not from this time period, especially too hot for the summer. A few weeks later my laptop crashed and the hard drive had to be replaced, so I lost the photo. But that's made me believe in ghosts entirely. I just wish I backed the picture up.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Something weird happened and it turned out to be caused by something else entirely ordinary and natural. The end.

FriendlyFurryFox

Banned
Banned
Something weird happened and it turned out to be caused by something else entirely ordinary and natural. The end.

I understand and respect the position of skepticism, but when you are blind to the possibility that supernatural forces might exist, you leave the path of reason behind. Fine to deny it until evidence is presented, not at all fine to deny it altogether.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I have some but some of them are more personal to me and I discuss them on other forums because it's easier to discuss them there. The same reason why I don't bring up me being a furry on a non-furry themed board - it's none of your business.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
Fuck it, I had enough. I want this deleted ;~;

Aww... don't let the haters get you down. Will be funny should they run into a personal experience with the paranormal to change their mind, until then, some people are irrationally close-minded to even the possibility of the paranormal. It frightens them, so they'd rather just say it cannot exist, rather than at least be willing to consider evidence. Which you cannot blame people for having fear.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Lying down and hearing my name being called from above like a week ago I think. I notice weird shit happens when I am lying on my back with my face side up, like facing the ceiling.

Because atheists have to put their 2 cents into threads like this and have to prove their point on why these things don't exist so another stupid religious debate gets started yet again, so they can prove their point even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Alright kids, spooky stories with Sparta will begin.

Be my brother, freshman year of college, moved to a dorm with his friend from high school. His friend is a hairy gamer who most of the time is out of the dorm. My brother is a frequent sleeper, so he takes a splendid slumber.

A strange noise awakes him. It came in random intervals. Is that dripping water? No, their room has no plumbing. It was faint enough to blur the lines of your ears and your own psyche. Then, a new, more distinct sound conjures- moaning!

My brother was certainly alert now. Sounds from nowhere and everywhere, yet so small and faint they clog his mind and clutter his focus on his precious sleep. God, was his dorm haunted!? He had a whole year ahead of him and to know of this noisy fate he couldn't stand it much longer. Moaning, dripping, moaning, dripping. He shot up, banging his head on the shelf a few feet above him (his bed wasn't made for comfort space) yet the noises still came.

He heard a key...

He heard a knob turning...

His heart was jack hammering through his chest...

Then... The door opened!

My brother took a heart attack as he saw a huge shape flow into the dorm. Then it spoke:

"Oh, you're awake."

It was just his roommate after a long night. The big guy proceeded to his computer, a huge desktop gaming rig, and shook the mouse. The screen came to life with a game of Terraria, apparently left open throughout the night with the sound still on. In the game a small waterfall made falling droplets while zombies moved through the 2D space with ease, moaning to their delight at random intervals.

My brother proceeded to fall asleep again.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Because atheists have to put their 2 cents into threads like this and have to prove their point on why these things don't exist so another stupid religious debate gets started yet again, so they can prove their point even more.

Nobody mentioned atheism or religion until your post right here. Thanks for forcing your 2 cents into it.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I don't have any. I'm not one to really believe in ghosts, though my dad insists he lived in a haunted house when he was younger. Previous owner killed himself.

My grandpa used to joke that he was abducted by aliens, and I always figured it was a joke, but when my grandma died he got really scared and kept going "what if they come back? I don't want them to come back." That gave me the chills, even if I find the story itself implausible.

None for myself though. I tend to undergo sleep paralysis quite often, which means waking up and not being able to move. Sometimes I see things in the room with me, but I've gotten used to it enough where I know they aren't real. It's freak, but it's also just me being half asleep.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
One summer a long time ago I was watching TV, and I saw a flash behind me, like a camera flash. Nothing was there, and nothing was flashing on the TV. This continued and even flashed 5 times in the same night. In my bedroom. Nothing in my bedroom was shiny and heat was well regulated so it couldn't have been heat lightning. I asked a friend of mine, and he said that flashing is a ghost warning you of danger, depending on the amount of flashes. It flashed 9 times, and according to him, 9 is an extremely powerful demon.

I doubt he was a very credible source, but its a thought in my head that, since I'm not one to think this way, something caused me to have thoughts of murder, arson, and suicide after my life went to shit.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
I don't have any. I'm not one to really believe in ghosts, though my dad insists he lived in a haunted house when he was younger. Previous owner killed himself.

My grandpa used to joke that he was abducted by aliens, and I always figured it was a joke, but when my grandma died he got really scared and kept going "what if they come back? I don't want them to come back." That gave me the chills, even if I find the story itself implausible.

None for myself though. I tend to undergo sleep paralysis quite often, which means waking up and not being able to move. Sometimes I see things in the room with me, but I've gotten used to it enough where I know they aren't real. It's freak, but it's also just me being half asleep.
Well, sleep paralysis is pretty common, especially if you practice lucid dreaming ( future thread!). I myself had experienced before the paralysis, and if you are prepared for it, it's pretty normal! First thought to have is: It's all in your head and they can't do anything to you. It just your brain trying to scare you to wake up.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Well, sleep paralysis is pretty common, especially if you practice lucid dreaming ( future thread!). I myself had experienced before the paralysis, and if you are prepared for it, it's pretty normal! First thought to have is: It's all in your head and they can't do anything to you. It just your brain trying to scare you to wake up.
Yeah. I don't lucid dream at all, but I tend to sleep on my back when is apparently a big cause for sleep paralysis.

it's the closest I've gotten to really paranormal shit though, which is why I brought it up

KAS3519

This really isn't scary, but I thought I would share it anyways
It was almost midnight. I was derping around on my laptop in my room when I heard a small sound. It sounded like metal hitting metal, but very soft. It only happened once. For weeks since then, it happened every night between midnight and 1:00 AM. It was always the same sound, ever louder, never softer.I tore through everything in my room to try to find the source of the noise, but to no avail. Then it suddenly stopped a few weeks later. Never again have I heard it or have I found out what the source was. (It was usually past midnight, so it probably wan't one of the neighbors)

dialup

wet floop
Aww... don't let the haters get you down. Will be funny should they run into a personal experience with the paranormal to change their mind, until then, some people are irrationally close-minded to even the possibility of the paranormal. It frightens them, so they'd rather just say it cannot exist, rather than at least be willing to consider evidence. Which you cannot blame people for having fear.
This is actually a really destructive way of thinking. I used to hear voices, see creatures and "ghosts", etc. all throughout my childhood up to my late teens. It got worse and worse and the more I believed it the more it contributed to my insomnia and made me a scared, paranoid wreck. Once I stopped believing it my hallucinations started going away and eventually stopped. The most recent hallucinations I've had were caused by an anti-anxiety medication which caused me to smell different people, hear voices yet again, and made me feel like someone was running their fingers through my hair. I quit taking it after that and those went away.

I still have night terrors sometimes. The last one I had ended up with me slipping in and out of consciousness and seeing a man dressed in black without a face getting closer and closer to me in my room. I finally got up when he was right over me, just staring. But he isn't real, and won't ever be real. Sure, it's scary as fuck but what's even more terrifying is the things your brain can create to skew your reality. You're even more susceptible to "paranormal" happenings if you have a history of night terrors and hallucinations like me.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Well, whenever a family member or close friend passes away, I always seem to have a very vivid dream about that person the night before they pass. I'd dismiss it as coincidence, if I weren't 9 for 9 so far.

Just after I graduated high school, my then-girlfriend and I were hiking and found a small cemetery deep in the woods. WE decided to snap a few pics, just because most of the stones in the cemetery dated back to the mid 19th century.We came to an obelisk-style stone in the far western edge of the plot, which struck us as odd because it had a small porcelain cherub statue on the ground in front of it. I snapped a quick pic, and my camera did a double tap, with the cherub perfectly centered in the second pic. I was intrigued by this,as my camera had never done that before, so I took a few more pics of the stone. Every time, the same thing happened, the cherub centered in the second pic every time. We wandered around the cemetery a bit more, and came back to that grave as we were leaving. One more pic, same result! We finally decided to read the gravestone, and discovered that the grave belonged to a woman who died at the age of 19 during child birth. The oddest part was her birth day, February 24, was the same as my girlfriend's, and at the time of the visit, my girlfriend was 19 years old. She went back with some of her friends a week later, taking both mine and her cameras along, but could not get it to happen again. I went back the day after, and same thing, double exposures with the cherub centered in the second one every time. Then,in the months that followed, my girlfriend began to have horrible nightmares and began to have things move around her house, but never when I was around. I was worried because she wasn't sleeping well and began to look sickly. We spoke with our friends about it, and they believed that the spirit of that woman had taken a liking to me, and wanted to drive her away...and oddly enough, exactly one month after we broke up, the nightmares ended, and er family reported that she was no longer having night terrors. I still consider myself a skeptic, as does she, but neither of us can get past that experience. Even talking about it scares the living hell out of her, and the whole experience still creeps me out.

I still go back there every year, on the 24th of February, and leave a single red rose on the grave as a peace offering, in hopes that this event will never occur again.

But I've spent much of my adult life prowling about in graveyards and abandoned buildings hoping to have an experience, but that's the only one I've ever really felt was unexplainable. More often than not, I could just pass it off to an electronics issue, electromagnetic anomaly or a delusion of a paranoid mind (I've had a lot of anxiety issues following an 18-month stint as a paramedic with the local fire company...a few too many suicide calls really gets to you).

Last edited:

Distorted

I used to believe a lot more into supernatural stuff, until I found out I was crazy. :p

But I was sort of conditioned that way I guess. My mother would tell me stories of voodoo practitioners and demons in our old neighborhood. Mind you this was hella scary for a little kid to hear. Luckily we moved away from there. But my Aunt was said to dabble in that weird stuff and I heard of all kinds of incidents about stuff she caused. Her and my uncle's house always felt funny too. Like ominous and dark all the time. They're both dead now and their house is abandoned, but that place feels even worse now than it did at first. I would feel the same feeling from certain people sometimes, and it would lead me to believe that there was something evil about them.

But once my psychosis hit, I saw all kinds of freaky things. It wasn't really paranormal or anything, just that my senses were all screwed up. I would also see black figures come out of nowhere. I could hardly sleep at night because there would be a black figure in my room all the time. He would either sit in the corner of my room or stand over my bed whispering to me. It was nerve wrecking. One night when I was walking back to my dorm, he just materialized out of the ground in front of me. In that moment I couldn't hear or feel anything, then I blinked and it was like I had woke up from some dream. I ran back to my room and talked to myself until I calmed down. I'm so glad I'm not like that anymore, but I still hear stuff sometimes. I try to rationalize the noises I hear so I don't mistake them for other things.

Last edited:

Rouge Artist

I am not the answer
I have a couple of stories and experiences that I could talk about here. I find this thread interesting since I've been a part of a paranormal investigation team for about a year now.

The home that my family used to own was haunted by someone. every time I would go to the garage to grab something at night, I would always feel like someone was there. And sometimes I actually did see the shadowy outline of a figure. turns out the wife of the guy who renovated the place died in a bad motorcycle accident so that explained a lot of things.

Another instance is my cousins grandmothers place in Alabama. when my family stayed there, my cousin warned me if I was to see any of the ghosts, a little girl and a tall man, and they started to talk, I was not to tell them to shut up. they would get offended and just get louder. their grandmother's place was about fifty to 75 years old so that was kind of expected. but the strangest thing was that we had a cat of ours pass away just a few months before we went. both me and my mom saw him in that house, about two thousand miles away from our home.

Of course, there was the first investigation that I went on with the team I'm a part of. It was last march and it was at the old Deer Lodge Prison here in Montana, and due to a couple of things we ended up being about an hour late so didn't really get to take as long for the investigation. but anyways I was on the third level of the main cell block, about close to ten degrees there. I got to this one cell and I saw some interesting things on the walls so I go check it out. as soon as I walk in I quickly began to feel warm all of a sudden. it wasn't a good warm but I could tell that there was a sense of darkness with it. I took some pictures and slowly left the cell. that's one of my scarier ghost stories and the team leader tactfully told me that from my experience and the photos I had taken, I most likely encountered a dark spirit.

All of my other experiences are kind of more on the technical side so I'd rather not explain anything in depth on here unless someone has a question about something they think is along the lines of the paranormal. Then I'd be more than glad to give some helpful advice.

Pepe le Chew

nenenenenene~
You're even more susceptible to "paranormal" happenings if you have a history of night terrors and hallucinations like me.

We can talk about this subject *all day long*, and apologies for anyone reading, this is probably going to be the longest post I've written thus far.

Night terrors are interesting for me on a variety of levels, the studies of them, the actual happenings of them. I received a night terror that I'll never forget sometime in my gradeschool years, closer to junior year, whereby I woke up (body frozen, eyes closed) and heard laughter in my head. It was the most menacing thing; the laughter was deafening, and I knew, I just knew, the laughter was pointed at me. Suddenly my eyes opened, body still frozen, and I raised upwards to a sitting position within the bed. I looked out in front of me, seeing a black smoke that resembled some sort of gasoline or kerosine burning on a fire; the blurred, blackened image before me was a face in smoke. It closely resembled a human face, but the face was the source of the laughter. My eyes, I could feel they looked at this in horror; I was terrified. I suddenly found myself laying back down, stricken by what I'd seen and still unable to move consciously, the laughter in my head refusing to let me go. Eventually, my eyes closed, the laughter faded away, and I told myself to wake up. I forced myself awake, literally clenching my left fist with as much might as I could to fight my body awake. I was aware what happened towards the end of it, but I could not shake being mentally awake and being unable to move.

I caught my breath and finally woke, painstaking as it was. I will never forget that experience.

There are also other moments since we're talking about ghost stories and paranormal experiences. I've had any number of these, predominantly at a place located in and around Vanleer (a location in TN). Understand Vanleer is a rural town; covered will hills and rolling, small valleys, the city slicker would have no place in a town such as this. When I was younger, my grandmother lived two miles away from the nearest person; you could only reach her home from a dirt/gravel roadway. You crossed two or three creeks, and when I say you 'crossed two or three creeks', I mean you drove through them; no bridges. If a substantial rain came, you could be stuck in her home for upwards of a week depending on the severity of the downpour. She lived in the boonies.

But the experiences came when the sound of someone walking on the porch outside began. The porch/deck/whatever you'd like to call it, surrounded her mobile home almost entirely; it was quite a nice place considering how far away she lived from everything. Her husband worked often in Texas, therefore he'd be out of town from time to time. The 'sound' of something walking, step by step, would occur most often late at night, whereby the something (person?) would walk to her door (front or back), open the storm door depending on the door, jiggle the handle of the primary door, and then you'd never hear it walk away.

My grandfather was there one night it happened. He waited for it to walk to the door and jiggle the handle. As soon as he heard it, he grabbed his shotgun, opened the door in a rush, and threatened the noise. It didn't stop.

I was there and witnessed this in person once, waking up just in time to see the weirdness. There was a light that emitted through the windows, a green light, as the entity walked past a bedroom window on the porch surrounding the home. The handle of the door jiggled, my grandmother even woke thinking it was my grandfather coming back from one of his trips as he was scheduled to do at some point in that 24 hour period.

My grandmother thought it'd be a wise idea to purchase an oujia board, and to this day I have no idea why. Say what you want about these things, I've seen enough (and felt enough) to be thoroughly creeped out by them. Child's play for some, reality for others. The experiences for everyone are quite different, and I cannot shake the feeling of the reality I've seen no matter how hard I try. We learned, through the board, there was a grave so many yards away. And there was. We also learned there was a name to the spirit. We also learned the reasoning: a man was coming back home to his cheating wife (the weirdness of which had occurred sometime back in the early 1900s.) Was this place even owned in the early 1900s? It was, if you're asking. Despite it being miles away from the nearest person, there was an old home here on the property, and less than five years to this oujia happening, the home was torn down for fear of it collapsing. It was so old (and gutted), the wood was decaying; a deep gray resembling a dismantled barn.

I've typed way too much, but like I said, this subject interests me greatly. Keep sharing the stories. :D I'm curiously reading through them.