• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What artists do YCHs?

Vandielia

I'm a big fan of YCHs but lately I feel like I don't follow enough artists that do them frequently. Know of any good artists that do YCHs? Please link them to me! I'm always looking for more artists to follow.

For discussion, what do you think about YCHs? Like them? Hate them? What do you like to see in YCH auctions?

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Which artists? How about every single one? XD

My take on it is that I think it's generally a good idea. With an image like this the artist already has a general idea for the final image which can improve the overall quality. People usually come up with ideas they can actually do well. It's also easier for people who have no imagination when coming up for an idea for a commission XD

The issue that I have with it though is that they are everywhere.

Vandielia

Which artists? How about every single one? XD

My take on it is that I think it's generally a good idea. With an image like this the artist already has a general idea for the final image which can improve the overall quality. People usually come up with ideas they can actually do well. It's also easier for people who have no imagination when coming up for an idea for a commission XD

The issue that I have with it though is that they are everywhere.

Really? I only seem to follow a few artists that do YCHs, hence the topic looking for artists who do them a lot, haha.

And I think that it's good even for commissioners who do have a good imagination. I order some pretty detailed and intricate artwork sometimes, but YCHs are just so tempting to me. It's nice to already have an idea of what the finished product is going to look like - it's hard to be disappointed with a YCH when you already know what you're going to get, more or less. On the other hand, with regular commissions, sometimes my image just doesn't match up with the finished product lol.

Terror-Run

I know a fair few, but the best/quickest way is honestly just to update the FA frontpage a couple times and you are guaranteed one withing 5minutes.

You can also open the search bar and write YCH and then sort from newest and poof YCH's and their artists.
Also if you have trouble finding artists that matches you image (wich can be incredible hard), ask if they are willing to sketch up different poses/ideas for some extra $$, then you have more poses to choose from to match the one you want closest.

CyphonFiction

I follow an artist named sm0shy and they do TONS of em. and I've recently been getting into doing them as well ^^

XD I think they're fun and as already mentioend, it's nice to have an idea of what the finished product will look like. I to have been disappointed with regular commission outcomes before, even when I was allowed to give input during the creative phase some people just wont fix something, but with a YCH, you already know the style they will use and how it will all be laid out. The fact everyone does them just gives more options neh?

Sammacha

The one and only
I do them, i almost always have at least 1 running on this account, http://www.furaffinity.net/user/roxannefox/
they are both SFW and NSFW.
I do regular commissions on my main account and I used to offer a "pick a pin up" which is essentially the same as "YCH". I think its makes the job easier for both sides, the artist and the commissioner as they already essentially have an idea of what they are getting as opposed to drawing a bunch of sketches for approval. I don't mind either, in fact I do both. But my opinion is that, as long as its a drawing they made its fine!

1404465692.roxannefox_the_late_show.jpg

Last edited:

Zenia

I do YCH pics all the time. I currently have 3 waiting to be sold. :) Also, I never auction them, I sell them at a flat rate! If it is a single character it can either be $10 (no background) or $12.50 (background) and it is always cell shaded. For pics with multiple characters included, the price is always $12.50 per slot.

This works out great for customers, as my normal price is $20 for the first character and +$15 for additional characters. The cheaper price on YCHs is because I do not do back and forth "approval" processes with them like I do for regular commissions. Kind of a "wing it" though I would fix mistakes that I made if it wasn't clear on a ref sheet...

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zenia/

As for what I think of them... I love them.
As an artist, it lets me draw whatever pose I feel like... and not have to make it my own character.
As a customer, it gives me something less to think/worry about. If I know I like their style and I want something, but don't know what exactly... I can see a pose they've drawn and can know that I want it. Most of the time I am like that. I want something, but I am not sure exactly what.

Last edited:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I do :v

This was actually the last one I got done, I should put up a new one...
1405672883.toraneko_9-w.jpg

Charzard03

Colacatinthehat is one artist I follow that does YCH's often :D Her art is super gorgeous and her ideas for YCH's are always amazingly creative ;u; She's about the only artist I follow that does them, but I'm enjoying following her art a heck ton :)

PurryFurry

Furry Artist
I've seen a butt load of artists do them. It just depends on when you're looking and what kind of mood the artists are in. Some of the artists I follow on FA do them all the time. Check out my list of watchers. I'd also be up for doing one if you like my stuff.

My main page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/purryfurry/

Nuzzo

Hey there! I just did an auction a few days back and actually really enjoyed the whole process. I'll probably be doing them fairly regularly from now on; you can check out my page at http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nuzzo/ for info.

Personally, as an artist who draws more for leisure than as a job and less free time than I would like to do so, YCH auctions as a bit of a godsend. They're an awesome way for me to work out poses and compositions without the pressure of meeting a deadline from scratch. Also, I find they tend to go for higher price than regular commissions. I tend to undercharge myself when taking regular commissions, and it's nice to see that some of my loyal watchers value my work more than I do. :)