• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What automobile do you own?

torachi

Heel toe express.

this.

been a foot soldier since the last insane spike in gas the summer before last. I had a ford ranger, and decided its like 18mpg wasnt worth it. ive since moved 3 times and just make sure I can get to everything i need to in town. ill get a car again eventually, but it helps the daily exercise and ive gotten used to having that extra gas/insurance/upkeep money in my pocket. and the reduced carbon footprint is bonus points.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
2009 Jeep Patriot. I wanted the Wrangler but it was too expensive. Good gas mileage though, 27 overall. I miss my super hueg Towncar, called it the Pimp Mobile, or Dead Nigger Storage.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue. Pretty drat decent car. Her name is Carmen. :3

My car was nicknamed Bluebell, in honour of the old Boer war song "Farewell my Bluebell".

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
Cool :3

Mine's named after a teacher I had. She was really cool.

Sweet,

I already have a name for my next car, Blake, after Blake's 7, a 1970's BBC sci-fi series written by Terry Nation (the creator of the Daleks!).

wheelieotter

Everything works if you let it
'98 Dodge Dakota, extended cab with camper top.
'73 Norton Commando 850. Burned off a bunch of paint fixing a leak in the gas tank so it's getting repainted. Plan to have it back on the road sometime this spring.

Jakobean

Grammar. Use it.
For the longest time, I thought I was going to buy a El Camino and fix it up. :p

It's not as bad as you might think. The 350 V8 is quite possibly the least difficult engine to work on. Ever.

KatmanDu

Squeezing the Charmin
Had an '06 GT Mustang until November, when I sold it, 'cause I never drove it. Now I've just got the bike, an '08 Yamaha FJR1300. Company car is a '98 Expedition- they're buying the gas, so that's ok.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
i have a 1992 cutlass convertible; its older than me o_o

My first car (RIP Bluebell) was older than me too, she was manufactured in Belgrade in 1989.

hlfb

Get off my lawn!
A couple of trucks, cars, and motorcycles. The BF has more vehicles than I do.

We are both machine whores.

capthavoc123

Master of Disaster
A couple of trucks, cars, and motorcycles. The BF has more vehicles than I do.

We are both machine whores.

We only count ones that run. The rusted out stuff on the front lawn that the dogs like to pee on doesn't count.

Liam

A ghost passing through
'99 metallic gold Chrysler Cirrus. It can do mad work on the highway. Not that I've passed the speed limit ever or anything. Could go for replacing the hood which is rusting with a CF hood and putting on a spoiler just for fun. Hell, I'd do it if I weren't so concerned about how long a car with over 200k miles on it will last.

Rai Toku

^///^;; Oops...
Gold 2000 Hyundai Accent. Won it from my vocational school three years back for perfect attendance -no absences whatsoever through the school year. I didn't know how to turn the car on, let alone drive it, at the time.

Strangely, after checking Google, the only article about it that remains on the net isn't even from the US. I've put the Google-translated link below -it's from Albania for some unknown reason.

http://translate.google.com/transla...CQ&prev=/search?q=%22Rhett+Blackburn%22&hl=en

Liam

A ghost passing through
Unfortunately, daddy and mommy weren't fortunate enough to get me one when I came of age, so I'm 18, no license, and I got a 2001 Kymco Cobra 49cc scooter outside.
How to get a car:
Get a job that you can get to with a bike or in your case, a scooter.
(You need it to pay for insurance and stuff)
Wait until your parents are about to get rid of a car, and offer to take it off their hands, as you should be able to pay for insurance. And gas.

Boom, you have a car. Not necessarily a good one, but a car indeed.

iBolt!

How to get a car:
Get a job that you can get to with a bike or in your case, a scooter.
(You need it to pay for insurance and stuff)
Wait until your parents are about to get rid of a car, and offer to take it off their hands, as you should be able to pay for insurance. And gas.

Boom, you have a car. Not necessarily a good one, but a car indeed.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your sympathy, but trust me... it's not that easy.

I realized I made a mistake in the original post: "weren't fortunate enough to keep a stable roof over our heads, let alone get me one."