• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What bothers you the most about the furry fandom?

What bothers you the most about the furry fandom?

• Total voters
M

Morroke

Mainly unoriginal fursonas. A bunch of wolves and foxes grow up into a more fitting fursona later on. But it's mainly the wolf people who say 'Oh I'm like a wolf because I'm a loner. A lone wolf. I'm so cool'

LONE WOLVES DIE IN THE WILD.

Carenath

Cynical Dragon
You know why real therians tend to hate Otherkin? It's due to this pretentious little idea they (the otherkin came up with) to take an existing spirituality, steal it's name, bastardize it, and throw it under their umbrella.

Just thought I'd point it out.

I'd have to agree half with Shenzi. I don't hate Otherkin. I despise part of their numbers with a passion.
I really couldnt answer you on that, I wouldnt honestly know, there are some otherkin out there that have their heads so far up their tails, I think they bring more problems down on the rest of us than they will admit.

Otherkin, Therians and Furries are all part of the same supergroup anyway, while being distinctivly seperate groups and communities of our own, you cant deny that the three of us share elements in common.
I would personaly perfer to focus on what makes us the same, rather than what makes us different. I avoid, some otherkin sites and IRC channels, because the admins are on an ego-trip, and I really dont like this "I've been around the community longer than you, respect me or die" bullshit.

All I will tell you, is that not all otherkin are the same.

I shall summarize my response with "I don't give a shit".
Glad we understand each other.

Gavrill

ladies~
No but it's cool bro

I should've put "most" instead of inferring "all". Because there are always exceptions.

I've just had a hard time finding one.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
No but it's cool bro

I should've put "most" instead of inferring "all". Because there are always exceptions.

Reminds me of the retard thread on gaia.
Not one had a good explanation.

>:{
Some have a level head, others...are like Twilighters.

EDIT: Your sig scares me...

Carenath

Cynical Dragon
No but it's cool bro

You'll find the names I mentioned in my earlier post, fall into the exception category.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Frankly no. Not at all

But on this subject..I'd rather wear a tail instead of meditating an imaginary one.

And I hoped you liked the one TRP sent...I had to keep her from wearing it. :/

Wearing one is better than wagging your ass randomly while standing in line.

I did meet a couple of Otherkin at the camp I went to. Real ripe assholes...everytime I saw them, I wanted to kick a chicken....

Surprrisingly, there were chickens around.

Gavrill

ladies~
The tail is :awesome: and I wear it every day almost

And wait, the Otherkin didn't eat the chickens?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
The tail is :awesome: and I wear it every day almost

And wait, the Otherkin didn't eat the chickens?

They were sucpiciously close to the goat and sheep pen.

VVhiteWolf

Needs an anthro avatar pic...
Cub furs and those people who make the fandom look bad. AKA "Reject Furs". Y'know. Those people who actually use furry terms and stuff in front of non-furry people...

Miaka

Seriously... 'Sides, tame cub stuff can be totally adorable.

Though, I remembered another thing that bugs me about the fandom... the fursonas that are hybrids of pretty much every species ever in an attempt to be original.
I knew one girl... last I checked, the character was a wolf/cat/raptor/demon/angel. Seriously.... Same issue as the foxes, to me.

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
All I don't like about animal head people is that they are all so mean, a real rude buncha dudes. My page is always full of rude and mean comments and that's why I left for a long time. }: