• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Browser Do You Use?

A

Arvid

As the Title implies, what Web Browser do you use.

For me, I've used a lot of Browsers. I've used:
  • Internet Explorer(Obviously)
  • Google Chrome
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Firefox
  • Opera
that's a list of all of the Browsers that I've used. I'm currently using Firefox at the moment.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
I don't think it even matters at this point - Firefox and Safari aside, most browsers are pretty much "Chromium but with a different skin"

A

Arvid

I don't think it even matters at this point - Firefox and Safari aside, most browsers are pretty much "Chromium but with a different skin"
That is true. Heck, Microsoft is now waving the White Flag and switching to Chromium. Firefox and Safari are the last Browsers standing before we become a Chrome-Only Web.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
That is true. Heck, Microsoft is now waving the White Flag and switching to Chromium. Firefox and Safari are the last Browsers standing before we become a Chrome-Only Web.
I personally don't mind much, mainly because Chromium is an open-source project (so there aren't really any restrictions or monopoly behind it). If anything, it's kinda good for web infrastructure - everyone browsing from the same code will make job easier for web designers and programmers. The only actual point of concern I have about Chrome/Chromium is how it actually works, since it tends to be uber-demanding on RAM, and there aren't any RAM-friendly alternatives aside of Firefox.

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
Pale Moon. It's similar to that of Firefox.

S.A.F.I

Simulated Anthropomorphic Feline Intelligence
I see. I only use Firefox because I value Privacy. That’s another reason to use Firefox added to my list.
It’s nice to have a browser that you can trust not to track every single thing you do.

Also container tabs... I might be wrong but I don’t think chrome has containers the same way Firefox does... The closest thing I’ve seen is the ability to have multiple users... not quite the same.

Seriously... how do people function without them? honestly it is (in my opinion) the most useful feature of Firefox second only to basic web browsing capabilities.

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
I literally used to love Internet Explorer back in 2015 because I was very used to it and I thought people just hate on it because they can. I don't remember what made me change my mind but I eventually changed to Chrome and it's a hell of a lot better than IE.
I used to use Ubuntu before I had my very own computer, then went to Firefox. But as of now, I'm sticking to Chrome

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Opera. Secure and runs smoothly. Minor annoyance is that I can't bring up a new tab of the previous page from the current tab.

I literally used to love Internet Explorer back in 2015 because I was very used to it and I thought people just hate on it because they can. I don't remember what made me change my mind but I eventually changed to Chrome and it's a hell of a lot better than IE.
I used to use Ubuntu before I had my very own computer, then went to Firefox. But as of now, I'm sticking to Chrome

I used IE for a long time and I never got the issues people said it had. It wasn't the fastest, but it certainly wasn't slow. Most likely their service, but what do I know?

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
I used IE for a long time and I never got the issues people said it had. It wasn't the fastest, but it certainly wasn't slow. Most likely their service, but what do I know?
I mean I used it for a good year or two and it was honestly not as bad as people say it is, but now the only thing IE is used for is to download Chrome haha

Jackpot Raccuki

DICE HAT!!
As of right now I'm using Chrome.
I might change to something like Firefox to be fair, but as of right now I'm content with what I have... Adblock and an extension that makes everything dark theme, that's all I need in my internet life.

For anyone using chrome, might as well get Vivaldi.

Used to run Firefox and Chrome myself but now Vivaldi does it all for me.

fox.PNG

Jackpot Raccuki

DICE HAT!!

Littlefoot505

AKA Durango Thunderfoot
I usually use Firefox or Chromium

Skittlesthehusky

#1 forum dweller, fear me if you see me.
I mostly switch between Windows Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

rekcerW

I have never got fucked by Firefox. It's been my go-to since, holy shit, like since right after XP made it's debut. Before I ever knew what a furry was, and I can't lie, I've kept my homage toward it over the years with a definite regard to being a stupid fkn furry after finding out what a furry was.. But it's since got me stuck by keeping all of my bookmarks synced between devices and handling my password manager so well. The bottom line remains the same, in any event where I've encountered a crash in a situation where it was important for shit to say alive, it has always managed to recover the tabs that were critical and maintain the relative sessions. There has been times where I thought shit was for-sure going to be gone, and it did what it did on top of the website in question having taken measures to ensure important information didn't just float away. I know it's just because I'm lucky, but I actually haven't lost anything important in a session with Firefox with some pretty questionable occurences with my computer actually grenading on me and me being able to resume what was going on right in the middle of shit that would have really, really sucked if it was gone. So that's my go-to, it hasn't failed me in over a decade.

Also, I love Microsoft, but IE6 FUCKED me over in history, so Edge might be great, but FUCK that lineup. Maybe it's good now, but fuck that.

Jinxie

Happy pinky hacker 'droid
Luv ta use Firefox fer most stuffs, 'cause it's more secure than Chrome (definitely more than IE!!). O' course if ya REALLY want loads of privacy, ya can't beat TOR.
In either case, Jinxie uses a VPN. Can't have too much privacy, neh? *giggle*

Italo Fox

Ironically Firefox... But my reasoning is without its namesake.

Thing is, I'm very stand-offish to Google for a few reasons: Their privacy concerns, the super-conglomeration, their censorship and what they've been doing in China. With that, I refuse to use Chrome anymore at least at home (unfortunately, I'm required to use Chrome at work).

I'd like to boycott Google entirely but some of the most powerful tools I use the most are entirely controlled by Google, such as their maps and navigation. I'd also love to ween off using their search engine, but until DuckDuckGo's indexing vastly improves to a level close to at least Google, I sometimes have no choice.

Firefox is a solid browser anyway, so I never had any reason to switch to Edge or download Opera as a result.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Chrome, but I've been meaning to switch to Firefox for a while.

Just having to relog into everything is a bit daunting lol