• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What Browser Do You Use?

Bink

FLOOFY!
As of right now I'm using Chrome.
I might change to something like Firefox to be fair, but as of right now I'm content with what I have... Adblock and an extension that makes everything dark theme, that's all I need in my internet life.
THANK YOU. Didn't even consider an extension like this (dark theme). just added one and I LOVE it. FAF looks great now

Jackpot Raccuki

DICE HAT!!
THANK YOU. Didn't even consider an extension like this (dark theme). just added one and I LOVE it. FAF looks great now
The future is now.
The future is dark.

I switched to firefox for a little bit, but I couldn't get a dark theme to work, that made the forums dark theme so I reject firefox till they fix it.

upload_2019-4-22_20-40-54.png

A

Arvid

Ironically Firefox... But my reasoning is without its namesake.

Thing is, I'm very stand-offish to Google for a few reasons: Their privacy concerns, the super-conglomeration, their censorship and what they've been doing in China. With that, I refuse to use Chrome anymore at least at home (unfortunately, I'm required to use Chrome at work).

I'd like to boycott Google entirely but some of the most powerful tools I use the most are entirely controlled by Google, such as their maps and navigation. I'd also love to ween off using their search engine, but until DuckDuckGo's indexing vastly improves to a level close to at least Google, I sometimes have no choice.

Firefox is a solid browser anyway, so I never had any reason to switch to Edge or download Opera as a result.
Yeah, I'm the same with Google. Things like Privacy are what bother me. I switched to Firefox as soon as I began caring about my Online-Privacy but still used Google(Search-Engine). After that, I switched to DuckDuckGo and it works well but there are times when it's Indexing isn't great.

I am cutting off Google Products like Drive, Chrome, it's Search-Engine and I'm currently in the Process of cutting off Maps. I'm not a big Fan of IOS or Apple as I'm much more used to Android and prefer it's UI and more Options over Apple's IOS. I haven't checked out any other Video Sites other than Youtube but that's quite hard to cut-off.

Italo Fox

I am cutting off Google Products like Drive, Chrome, it's Search-Engine and I'm currently in the Process of cutting off Maps. I'm not a big Fan of IOS or Apple as I'm much more used to Android and prefer it's UI and more Options over Apple's IOS. I haven't checked out any other Video Sites other than Youtube but that's quite hard to cut-off.

I give you props for going as far as cutting off their map service. I do a bit of traveling and I sometimes don't know what I can do without it.

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
Samsung Browser, because it uses a dark theme for every website, and that's just awesome.

A

Arvid

I give you props for going as far as cutting off their map service. I do a bit of traveling and I sometimes don't know what I can do without it.
I still use their Maps Service. I'm just still in the Process of cutting it off. I might go for Bing Maps or see if there is any other good Map Services out there.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I stopped using Google Chrome because it was absolutely destroying my CPU. Switched to Mozilla and it's a LOT better.

Kinare

RAWR
The Flaming Fox is my main browser on both desktop and laptop, however I do use Chrome on my phone (just out of sheer laziness to get anything else). I also use Chrome on my desktop for when I'm streaming so that I can have a quick "launch just these websites" thing which only consists of like 2-3 tabs at a time, saving me resources since my Firefox has 10+ at times. I will use IE for checking my rarely used alt Gmail since it's saved there and doing that once in a great while is marginally easier than signing in and out on FF.

Last edited:

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I've only ever used Internet Explorer as a default browser, and now Google Chrome. Though, I have used Firefox once or twice before.

Yav

wig snatcher
I used to use Firefox, however I like chrome better due to it seeming more "updated" and "custom"
However I still use firefox on occasion.

Sirocco~

Victorian Gentleman
Internet explorer :D

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
It depends, actually. I use Firefox for general browsing, Google Chrome for downloads. Chrome seems to handle downloads better while firefox seems to be better for general browsing. I dunno, maybe that's just me being weird. Either way, it works for me.

Nax04

How you doing
Chrome, but only as a base, i use DuckDuckGo so everything is private and protected

C

CrookedCroc

Depends on what I'm doing, usually I try to use DuckDuckGo for most of my searches but if I'm unlucky I'll try Chrome

N

Nyro46

Originally used Firefox, switched to Chrome for a while, but recently switched back to Firefox for privacy reasons.

So now I use Firefox with like, a bunch of extensions for extra privacy and adblocking. Plus, I like the way Firefox themes work better.