• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What browser do you use

Your browser

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 42 14.9%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 194 69.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 60 21.4%

• Total voters

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Yeah, but the standard browser that comes with the operating system. Like microsoft IE comes with windows. Firefox should be the standard for ALL operating systems.

yeah but the IE is a(nother) bad) microsoft product, so its not gonna happen that they include a non-MS product^^
but you are right, FF should be the standard!

Ro4dk1ll

Wigger.
Mozilla's flaming fox. The one with the icon that looks like it's humping a planet.
Yeah, that one.

â„¢-Daley Leungsangnam475-â„¢

Red 'n' White Scouse Gamon ^_^
i has firefox ... cos we all know it pwns just as well as a Yiffy Kuriboh o.o

PeppermintRoo

Mint Flavored
not really.

There are two reasons I can think of of to use lynx (though I use links2 instead; it's much more developed.)

1) Automating web processes that rely on session id's and other anti-spamming methods.
2) If you're lacking a GUI but still need to look something up. (This mainly applies to when I'm setting up a FreeBSD server or desktop, or when I've been playing a bit too roughly with a computer and have made the x server explode.)

That said, my browser of choice is Vimperator (Firefox with the vimperator addon; it completely takes over and changes every way you interact with firefox.)

Irreverent

Blackberry Browser. OpenWave for WAP, Pocket IE, Netscape-PDA ;)

And on the desktop/laptop.......actually, I use them all.

Last edited:

Pi

Because the internet has evolved since 1990?

Elinks supports Javascript, CSS2, HTML4, and all those buzzwords. Just because it doesn't inline pictures doesn't make it useless. In fact, it's what makes my p166 laptop actually useful in its own right as opposed to just a terminal.

Cut the short-sighted bullshit. 8)

Aurali

Banned
Banned
Elinks supports Javascript, CSS2, HTML4, and all those buzzwords. Just because it doesn't inline pictures doesn't make it useless. In fact, it's what makes my p166 laptop actually useful in its own right as opposed to just a terminal.
Notice I was talking about Lynx, and not Elinks, I have not had any experience on the latter, and I did not, nor will not say anything about it. Lynx on the other hand.. renders horribly and to me is impossible to follow.

So before you say something like:
Cut the short-sighted bullshit. 8)

You might as well get your argument straight before you make yourself look like an idiot.

Pi

R

Rakiao

use both IE8 and firefox

IE8 = download stuff
firefox = everything else

Moka

Technically I use the WebKit nightly builds instead of Safari proper. The new Web Inspector panel they added is much nicer to work with than Firebug.

I use Firefox when Safari isn't available or supported.

I'll also use Lynx (or (E)Links if it's available) on occasion, just because it's convenient if I'm in a terminal window.

Sadly, I'm occasionally forced to use IE for testing purposes. I feel like I have to take a shower afterwords, though.

Grimfang

Firefox mainly, but I'm taking a liking to Chrome and Opera as well.. depends on what I'm doing.