• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What browser do you use

Your browser

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 42 14.9%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 195 69.1%
  • Safari

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 60 21.3%

• Total voters

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
Firefox, of course. Also, what kind of dummy uses IE? All that does is open yourself up to viruses.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
I just downloaded Firefox and I am not impressed.

What browser are you switching from? Were you expecting your net speed to be a bizzilion times faster, or it to flash colors and tell you how beautiful you are?

SnowFox

What browser are you switching from? Were you expecting .... it to flash colors and tell you how beautiful you are?

Well if he was, there's probably an add-on that does that :)

<3 firefox

-Lucario-

Firefox, because IE is bad, mmkay?

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I can't help but notice that there's no Netscape option.
That would be (the fact that nobody uses it notwithstanding) because Netscape is based on Mozilla Firefox now (whereas the opposite used to be true, since Mozilla (classic) began with Netscape's source code). And if you're still using Communicator 4.7... Well. Welcome to the WOOOOORLD OF TOMORRROOOOOOOW!

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
I can't help but notice that there's no Netscape option.

Netscape's dead. Netscape was the veteran of the Great Browser Wars traumatized by IE so badly that it couldn't understand that the '90s model of branding bloat, feature bloat, and proprietary extensions at all costs wasn't the way of the future.

The clearly aging Netscape abandoned everything that made them what they were with a Windows-only Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde browser, launched to such fanfare that they declared all other browsers outdated and in need of upgrade, including the (much newer) latest version of their estranged grandchild Mozilla Firefox.

They followed that embarrassing browser endeavor with a stint as a dial-up only ISP in an age of broadband access, available only in markets with broadband providers. Finally, they threw it all away, wanting to go out in a blaze of glory, and blew the last bit of worth their name had when they transformed their once-noble portal into a corrupt me-too imitation of Digg.

Netscape users should upgrade to either the Seamonkey suite or the Firefox-Thunderbird duo. The only ones who shouldn't can't because Netscape 4 is it.

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
I just downloaded Firefox and I am not impressed.
You got to install it and start it, too. :D

Oh yeah, FF, Opera, Iron(sometimes), and elinks (when I'm working on my server).

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Don't treat me like an idiot, I know that. I DO NOT LIKE IT.

Again I will ask; what browser are you switching from?
And what did you expect, it's proven to be faster (and it's a lot more modular with the ad-on's) than almost every other browser.

Depending on your computer it might be the faster one, or it might not work properly. Because computers are like that....
Chrome is easily the fastest, and opera ties a lot with Firefox sometimes pulling ahead, sometimes not. But none are as modular and flexible, in my opinion, as firefox.

Last edited:

ZentratheFox

You just lost the game.
Firefox (3.0.0.6)! And mobile Opera (9.5 beta) on the phone. Firefox Fennec does not function on it yet. =(

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
IE and Firefox work in pretty much the same way, with a similar layout, similar design, and function pretty much identically. There aren't many sites out there anymore worth visiting that support only IE, and IE is (and always has been) swiss-cheesed with security holes. If it's the look and feel, you can get IE's look and feel perfectly emulated in Firefox through the use of themes. I can't really think of any reason beyond stubbornness and personal attachment why someone would prefer it to another browser (unless the other browser provided significantly fewer key features or had a difficult to learn/use interface.