• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What browser do you use

Your browser

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 42 14.9%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 194 69.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 60 21.4%

• Total voters

Milenko Foulcraze

I was the guy that cooked meth
Fuck Yahoo n all, but Fuck Google Chrome. Its very Un-feature rich

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
Chrome. Not that I have anything against the others. IE, I just don't use and Firefox crashes every five minutes, whereas pages crash every five minutes on Chrome, but not the whole browser.

It's all about reliability.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Fuck Yahoo n all, but Fuck Google Chrome. Its very Un-feature rich
You annoy me, and I cant blame it on you being a juggalo as many of them are chill, and hell you are giving them a bad name too, just take it down a notch being intense is not cool its annoying and kinda pathetic,

not trying to be a dick just letting you know you are being rather unpleasent

tikian12

Google Chrome 2 Beta. Its a lightweight firefox that isn't a resource whore waiting to happen. Plus it just has some nice operating features.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Google Chrome 2 Beta. Its a lightweight firefox that isn't a resource whore waiting to happen. Plus it just has some nice operating features.

Actually, if you take a look at the memory usage, Chrome is a bit of a resource whore. Right now, I've got one tab open and it's running two processes that come to about 130MB of RAM; opening three tabs brings me to six processes and somewhere around 200MB or so. However, it's smoking fast, and I've got the RAM to spare, so...

tikian12

Actually, if you take a look at the memory usage, Chrome is a bit of a resource whore. Right now, I've got one tab open and it's running two processes that come to about 130MB of RAM; opening three tabs brings me to six processes and somewhere around 200MB or so. However, it's smoking fast, and I've got the RAM to spare, so...
Well on everyones computer I've used firefox takes about 382,000K just at idle. Compared to chrome's 74,000K. It's quite the substantial drop on one GB of ram.

Runefox

Well on everyones computer I've used firefox takes about 382,000K just at idle. Compared to chrome's 74,000K. It's quite the substantial drop on one GB of ram.

Are you looking at one Chrome.exe process, or all of them? Each Chrome tab has a separate process that takes about that much memory. :p Perhaps it's different when you only have 1GB of memory, though.

tikian12

Are you looking at one Chrome.exe process, or all of them? Each Chrome tab has a separate process that takes about that much memory. :p Perhaps it's different when you only have 1GB of memory, though.
okay, 80,000K. 29000K and 54000K for 1 tab.

Tikak Flux

No praise for Seamonkey?! I mean come on it does everything! Even HTML website creation! (I'm Using Chrome To View FurAffinity, Incognito Mode FTW!)

Runefox

No praise for Seamonkey?! I mean come on it does everything! Even HTML website creation! (I'm Using Chrome To View FurAffinity, Incognito Mode FTW!)

Seamonkey's a suite, including a variation on what we know as the Firefox browser (same page rendering/add-on engine, though its source is based on Mozilla), mail client, HTML editor, etc. It's the continuation of the Mozilla suite (which itself was a continuation of the Netscape Communicator suite), which was discontinued shortly after Firefox' release, IIRC. Initially, plans were made to incorporate Firefox as the web browser for the Mozilla suite, and Thunderbird as the E-Mail client; I believe these fell through, though Thunderbird shares code with the Seamonkey mail client.

Also, Incognito Mode = No cache/cookies after browser exit, no history. It doesn't mask your IP address or anything like that.

Last edited:

Hendikins

No praise for Seamonkey?! I mean come on it does everything! Even HTML website creation!

This message brought to you by Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1pre) Gecko/20090722 SeaMonkey/2.0b1 (Hendikins)

*grin*

Seamonkey's a suite, including a variation on what we know as the Firefox browser (same page rendering/add-on engine, though its source is based on Mozilla), mail client, HTML editor, etc. It's the continuation of the Mozilla suite (which itself was a continuation of the Netscape Communicator suite), which was discontinued shortly after Firefox' release, IIRC.

A slight adjustment to the history lesson may be in order.
Project SeaMonkey (aka the Mozilla suite) didn't actually share any 4.x code in the end. After the 1.0 release there was a fork called mozilla/browser, which would later become Firebird, then Firefox.

The Mozilla suite was not actually completely dropped until Firefox 1.5 was released. However, it has been maintained under its original project name of SeaMonkey by the community, which happens to include Gecko developers.

Initially, plans were made to incorporate Firefox as the web browser for the Mozilla suite, and Thunderbird as the E-Mail client; I believe these fell through, though Thunderbird shares code with the Seamonkey mail client.

SeaMonkey 2.0 is going to be a lot closer to that goal in the sense that it will share toolkit rather than using the older XPFE. It will not actually share the UI of Firefox or Thunderbird (for better or worse), however extensions will easily be able to be adapted (mainly overlaying navigator.xul instead of browser.xul for Firefox extensions, I haven't looked at Mail).

Amusingly, in what I consider to be an ironic twist, SeaMonkey is actually faster and chews less RAM than Firefox does on my system. Go figure.

Anyway, all this just serves to remind me that I should spin those Linux/x86_64 SeaMonkey 1.1.18 (and probably 2.0b2 any time now) builds that I never got around to doing...

-- Hendikins
Mozilla PluginDoc | #firefox SOP | Retired MozillaZine Forums Moderator | 10 years of using Mozilla (Project SeaMonkey Milestone 8.5 - HEAD)

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
I've used Opera and Chrome during the times I've been sick of Firefox...

Unfortunately, Chrome still has no adblocker, and it eats RAM and cycles like L. Ron Hubbard popped pills; and Opera, while great, breaks a lot of the websites I go to with its strict standards-compliance business. So I'm stuck with Firefox, because IE is still too slow.

Runefox

Chrome does technically have an ad blocker (Ad Sweep), but it's a pain in the ass to get working, and not very flexible.

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
Chrome does technically have an ad blocker (Ad Sweep), but it's a pain in the ass to get working, and not very flexible.
Ad Sweep isn't even updated any more, as far as I'm aware, and I've never even managed to install it.

Opera has the best adblocker, though. Right-click, select "Block content", then click whatever you want blocked and hit OK. Unlike Firefox's take on that, which only works on one element per activation >_>

Runefox

Opera has the best adblocker, though. Right-click, select "Block content", then click whatever you want blocked and hit OK. Unlike Firefox's take on that, which only works on one element per activation >_>
Opera used to operate just like Chrome does - Rather painfully. There are other Firefox add-ons that offer the same functionality, though, and can block pretty much any class of elements. Ah, yes, here it is. Along with Adblock Plus (and a good filterset), this'll kill anything.

Personally, though, unless it's an audio flash ad, I don't usually care much.