• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What browser do you use

Your browser

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 42 14.9%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 194 69.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 60 21.4%

• Total voters

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
Opera used to operate just like Chrome does - Rather painfully.
Years and years ago, perhaps o_O

There are other Firefox add-ons that offer the same functionality, though, and can block pretty much any class of elements. Ah, yes, here it is. Along with Adblock Plus (and a good filterset), this'll kill anything.

Personally, though, unless it's an audio flash ad, I don't usually care much.

JMAA

Banned
Banned
I use to have Chrome. Yes, I'm sorry, Firefox is becoming a toolbar hog.

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
I use to have Chrome. Yes, I'm sorry, Firefox is becoming a toolbar hog.
That's your fault for installing toolbars in the first place >_>

Jessica Chen

Clipart Crazy
I use firefox, chrome, and internet Explorer 8.

Internet explorer is the best of them all! I barely use the other 2. they suck horribly

I can't believe most of you use FireFox. I hate it

Jessica Chen

Clipart Crazy
I searched my name and there are lots of other people with the same name as me :|

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Internet explorer is the best of them all! I barely use the other 2. they suck horribly
o_O Someone's trapped in 1997!

They work identically; All browsers do. Hell, Firefox can be set up to look and act like IE. Internet Explorer is swiss-cheesed as far as security holes go. Firefox and other browsers are not. Internet Explorer still doesn't implement a proper, working HTML standards-compliance mode. The others are far closer to that goal. Internet Explorer has been and continued to be one of the major vectors for the spread of malware worldwide for the past decade.

If not for Firefox and Opera, Microsoft had no intentions of continuing with the Internet Explorer project, and were content to leave it at 6.0; The IE team actually has Mozilla and Opera to thank for having jobs. In fact, they sent the Mozilla team a cake upon releasing version 1.0 of Firefox as thanks.

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
It's okay, one only has to look for the dumbest person with your name and they've found you.
My sentiments exactly :D

o_O Someone's trapped in 1997!

They work identically; All browsers do. Hell, Firefox can be set up to look and act like IE. Internet Explorer is swiss-cheesed as far as security holes go. Firefox and other browsers are not. Internet Explorer still doesn't implement a proper, working HTML standards-compliance mode. The others are far closer to that goal.
Unfortunately, Opera's HTML standards-compliance is the default and only mode it comes in, which breaks a lot of websites v_v

Internet Explorer has been and continued to be one of the major vectors for the spread of malware worldwide for the past decade.
The others being "user stupidity" and "people with too much time on their hands" :p

If not for Firefox and Opera, Microsoft had no intentions of continuing with the Internet Explorer project, and were content to leave it at 6.0; The IE team actually has Mozilla and Opera to thank for having jobs. In fact, they sent the Mozilla team a cake upon releasing version 1.0 of Firefox as thanks.
I remember reading about that cake. It made me chuckle.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race

Mmm... Trap...

Unfortunately, Opera's HTML standards-compliance is the default and only mode it comes in, which breaks a lot of websites v_v
Yeah, when I do site design, I try to ensure that Opera, Safari, and other not-so-standard browsers are able to also render the pages properly. It usually takes a bit of tweaking, buuut... In the end, the more browsers it works with, the wider your potential audience.

Oddly enough, in my experience, Opera's rendering engine has always been very similar to Safari's in terms of how it displays.

Last edited:

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
Firefox of course, both cute AND useful, best combo!

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I use Internet Explorer.
And occassionally, Firefox.

And I utilize Xerobank for naughty naughty things.

A

Azbulldog

I use firefox, chrome, and internet Explorer 8.

Lol...
Mozilla definitely knows what they're doing.

JMAA

Banned
Banned
Did I say I use Chrome?
I know it's zero privacy, but I don't have much of private unless you talk of Tuenti, that it's not much. But at least I browse quite faster than Firefox.