• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What browser do you use

Your browser

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 41 15.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 190 69.3%
  • Safari

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 27 9.9%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 58 21.2%

• Total voters

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Did I say I use Chrome?
I know it's zero privacy, but I don't have much of private unless you talk of Tuenti, that it's not much. But at least I browse quite faster than Firefox.

Despite what you've heard form the rumour mill, Chrome doesn't report everything to Google.

JMAA

Banned
Banned
Despite what you've heard form the rumour mill, Chrome doesn't report everything to Google.
I just knew when I heard it's only for caching purposes.

Aderanko

Currently I'm using Safari for Windows.

Until recently I was a long time Opera user, but I decided to ditch it after the last update which seemed to add more clutter and lose some of the previous usability. I've also used Firefox in the past and I can't say I was that impressed. We're talking quite a few versions back mind.

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
I've got both Firefox and Chrome as backup browsers, but I haven't touched them since install (on this OS build anyways). Call me a MS brown noser, but I've always found that IE works just fine for my needs, and because some of the client-side apps I have to use for work require it, it's annoying to have to switch back and forth.

I've used just about all the big browsers out there (FF, Chrome, Opera, even safari, though that one pissed me off to no end) and I just prefer IE 8's interface and feature set over the others. That, and I've never had any real security problems or compatibility issues.

Or maybe I'm just lazy. Yeah, that's probably it.

Project_X

You're asking furries what browser they use. Firefox is going to win. >_>

But I'm a rebel and use IE and Opera. :3

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
You're asking furries what browser they use. Firefox is going to win. >_>
Quoted for obviousness.

(...say, did you ever get NeoTokyo working right? :eek:)

Runefox

That, and I've never had any real security problems or compatibility issues.
You are incredibly lucky. Even IE8's tightened security features don't help it against drive-by-downloads and there's still ways malware authors get through.

Also, it's people like you that make web developers' jobs harder. >=| Standards compliance is still terrible (XHTML = No. SVG = No.).

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
Hm....Never let me down.
Firefox always crashes on me. Dumb fox hates me. >_>
Considering that you once wiped out your entire hard drive because I told you it would make your game work, I don't think it's the program that's dumb...

gotorightway123

Banned
Banned
You missed Konqueror, though. It's a pretty widespread browser on the Linux side (used to be the analogue to IE in my books, especially how it integrates with KDE). There's others, too, but nobody actually uses Galeon, Epiphany or Mozilla, and K-Meleon and Iceweasel don't count (derivatives).

EDIT: Lawl at Lynx. I have a "Lynx Viewer" plugin (Yellowpipe Lynx Viewer Tool) for Firefox because text browsers are awesome. Well. Not really. Either way, Links is a much more feature-complete text-based web browser.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I've had some problems with Mozilla Firefox. There was a point in which Firefox would crash like a little kid playing Grand Theft Auto and I've only had problems on "BROWSER ONLY!!!" sites on Google chrome. Firefox I still do use on my Macintosh because it doesn't crash as much, but it's still the only program that's beachballed my Mac. And I mean numerous times.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
You missed Konqueror, though. It's a pretty widespread browser on the Linux side (used to be the analogue to IE in my books, especially how it integrates with KDE). There's others, too, but nobody actually uses Galeon, Epiphany or Mozilla, and K-Meleon and Iceweasel don't count (derivatives).

EDIT: Lawl at Lynx. I have a "Lynx Viewer" plugin (Yellowpipe Lynx Viewer Tool) for Firefox because text browsers are awesome. Well. Not really. Either way, Links is a much more feature-complete text-based web browser.

Requesting a ban

NomeKo

in my point of view, i used to like FireFox, but then i found that Internet explorer has a bit more intresting stuff than Firefox, but still, Firefox is faster, and easier :D

Runefox

Wow, I'm flattered that a spambot / moron would copy my post out of all these 9 pages. XD

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
Hammer time! :twisted:
Hehe, Irre got to play. ^_^

@RF: standards or not, the majority of the internet plays fine with IE, and it hasn't given me any reason not to trust it yet. You talk about security, but most security issues result from PEBKAC, not bad browser design.
For comparison: Windows isn't the most secure OS, but it is by far the most popular. Should Windows be erased from the computing collective just because it's slightly less secure?

Good or not, it's got tenure. It's not going anywhere. And personally, I like it. Period.

BTW, does anybody else think this thread would make a good sticky?

Runefox

Hehe, Irre got to play. ^_^

@RF: standards or not, the majority of the internet plays fine with IE, and it hasn't given me any reason not to trust it yet. You talk about security, but most security issues result from PEBKAC, not bad browser design.
Most sites are designed with IE in mind (it has the largest market share after all), and hence many fail the W3C standards tests, save those that code to standards and tweak for IE later. As for security, look up "Drive-By Download".

For comparison: Windows isn't the most secure OS, but it is by far the most popular. Should Windows be erased from the computing collective just because it's slightly less secure?
Eh, no. But for the most part, using Windows isn't like walking in a minefield. For some time, the major reason why Windows had so many vulnerabilities was the direct integration of (Internet) Explorer and the ease with which one can execute foreign code through its many holes. A properly-firewalled Windows system isn't necessarily less secure than anything else when one uses the right software with it and doesn't present a PEBKAC. Well, that and the WMF exploit.

Good or not, it's got tenure. It's not going anywhere. And personally, I like it. Period.
Eh, well, that's your opinion, and that's fine. IE8 isn't terrible like IE6 and IE7 were, but I still don't trust it. For me, its "tenure" has a long history of security holes and randomly rendering things a "certain" way (how the bloody shit can you misinterpret pixel measurements? >=|) that grates me to no end. :p

Last edited: