• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What browser should I use?

Yastreb

I would like some advice on choosing the best browser for mobile (Android). Until now I have been using Firefox. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it crashes really often, especially if I have many tabs open. Also my browsing experience is not as smooth as back when I was still using Chrome.

I want an Android browser that supports extensions so I can have adblock. Some browsers have built-in adblocking, but I want to be able to add my own filters and block specific elements on websites. With these requirements, is there an alternative to Firefox?

St.Jimmy

I'd say Brave or Opera Gx, if you like more control over your browsers hardware consumption

Yastreb

I installed Brave, but couldn't figure out how to get extensions. When I go to the web store, it says it is not available on mobile. Is it possible to select and block elements with the built-in adblocker?

I warmly recommend Vivaldi.

Used to have both Firefox and Chrome installed on my computer, but I tried out Vivaldi some years ago and ever since I've not looked back. It's Chromium based as well and all Chrome addons are compatible so the switch was super easy. I really dig all the multitasking tools in it and how it allows you to customize it a lot.

Around 30tabs and 3GB of memory used.

Yastreb

I warmly recommend Vivaldi.

Used to have both Firefox and Chrome installed on my computer, but I tried out Vivaldi some years ago and ever since I've not looked back. It's Chromium based as well and all Chrome addons are compatible so the switch was super easy. I really dig all the multitasking tools in it and how it allows you to customize it a lot.

Around 30tabs and 3GB of memory used.
Are the extensions available on mobile, too?

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
I'm a personal fan of Opera and Opera GX, but another browser I like is Puffin. I use it for work and is good both on privacy and load times