• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What business or interesting jobs do you have

Sigvard Alfrothul

Ok I’ll start off with one that’s hard to follow, I am a blacksmith and jeweler. I own a business filling commissions that involve crafting swords and armor for clients and the entertainment industry. I’m also an educator who has a side business teaching crafts like, hand Engraving, stained glass, leather work, and blacksmithing. I’m currently working on opening up a school for the lost arts covering everything from thatching to hand drawn animation

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Ok I’ll start off with one that’s hard to follow, I am a blacksmith and jeweler. I own a business filling commissions that involve crafting swords and armor for clients and the entertainment industry. I’m also an educator who has a side business teaching crafts like, hand Engraving, stained glass, leather work, and blacksmithing. I’m currently working on opening up a school for the lost arts covering everything from thatching to hand drawn animation

That's awesome. I've worked with silver and made jewelry. (It was a nightclass thing and I was pretty amateurish but I enjoyed it.)

I don't have a job, sadly, because I'm unstable with anxiety and mental illness a lot of the time. I sometimes do volunteer work and I once worked on a city farm. I actually enjoyed standing in a shed full of goats, cleaning up their mess and giving them fresh bedding. I don't know what that says about me, lol.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
That's awesome. I've worked with silver and made jewelry. (It was a nightclass thing and I was pretty amateurish but I enjoyed it.)

I don't have a job, sadly, because I'm unstable with anxiety and mental illness a lot of the time. I sometimes do volunteer work and I once worked on a city farm. I actually enjoyed standing in a shed full of goats, cleaning up their mess and giving them fresh bedding. I don't know what that says about me, lol.
Animal loverrrrrrrrrr~
Willing to put up with all their smelly butts because you love'em~

MalGV

Cute with an Edge
Well I don't know if volunteering is considered a "job" but I do think mine is interesting enough: I work at a wildlife sanctuary that takes in, houses, rehabilitates and releases Florida wildlife. I first started working there in 2011 after I lost my very first paying job (recession victim). I was really upset so my folks encouraged me to do community work until I could find another paying job and I've continued to work there ever since. I mainly work around Birds, mostly Raptors and large birds (a lot of people are scared of them but I really enjoy working with them). Just today, I got to pet a bald eagle while at work! :D You can see some photos I take at my workplace on my Instagram account.

The sanctuary is developing another facility right near where I live so I'm gunning for a paying position here soon.

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
Not exactly that interesting for others maybe, but eh. I find it interesting at least.

I work in Logistics and drive forklifts around all day. Can be stressful at times but the pay is really good and so is the work environment. I am having loads of fun at work and with my coworkers.

aomagrat

I'm retired now, but before I retired from the US Navy, I was a Gunners Mate, Weapons Technician, and Aviation Ordnanceman. I worked with just about everything from handguns up to and including nuclear weapons. My favorite was the B43 thermonuclear bomb.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
Let's see: US Army, radar technician; wild-land firefighter, first responder, EMT; truck driver; farm hand; automobile/motorcycle rebuilding/restoration; construction worker; ran my own motorcycle service business. . . I'm currently employed as a live-in housekeeper and groundskeeper, while doing handyman, gardener, and motorcycle work gigs on the side. I also write.

Domingos

I'm a private teacher for now, which is interesting because kids always come up with the wildest stuff to get out of doing school work.
There's been ghost stories, wild messing around stories, made up stories they thought up on the spot, incredible theories on how things work that they developed when they didn't know how it worked, random reasons to why their hand can't pick up a pencil to write or how they somehow can't read the question they need to solve because they don't know this one letter despite being 5th graders, just anything.

I'm studying to be a pharmacologist though because being a teacher is fun but I still need to survive.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I'm a private teacher for now, which is interesting because kids always come up with the wildest stuff to get out of doing school work.
There's been ghost stories, wild messing around stories, made up stories they thought up on the spot, incredible theories on how things work that they developed when they didn't know how it worked, random reasons to why their hand can't pick up a pencil to write or how they somehow can't read the question they need to solve because they don't know this one letter despite being 5th graders, just anything.

I'm studying to be a pharmacologist though because being a teacher is fun but I still need to survive.
Are you teaching my former highschool by chance? XD

jansyy

I am a kinder garden teacher))) I love my students but this job is very and very demanding. I would love to be a real estate agent in the future, can someone recommend a reliable education company? So far i found only fortune builders reviews but i would like to have few alternatives and make the best choice possible. Any ideas?

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
My job is as boring as it can get, but I am good at it. Customer support person, for a big gaming company. I'm a guy who replies to your tickets when you write something that you need help with.

Recently, I was tasked with wasting hackers's time by trying to reverse-social engineer them and it's great. It's the most fun I've ever had in any job so far. God, I am good at pissing people off XD