• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What cartoon series would you want to return?

Art Vulpine

Art Vulpine
We all have seen cartoons that we loved and were sad to see either end or were cancelled. I bet there are some we want to see return as perhaps an updated version or a continuation.

So what are the cartoon series that you want to see return?

Mine are to name a few:

Dexter's Laboratory
Thundercats (I know Cartoon Network did a remake but for some reason they ended it. Not sure why as it looked great.)
Road Rovers
The Raccoons
Batman: The Animated Series (None of the Batman series after this one seemed to compare)

A tie between King of the Hill and Batman: The Animated Series

Gumshoe

Ed Edd n Eddy!!!!!!
Damn Pantheros, you stole one of my picks.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this would count, but I would love to see Jetix come back. Jetix isn't really a show, but rather like a sub channel to another channel (sort of like Disney XD, or Toonami) that already had a ton of exclusive shows (including original content).

Last edited:

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
Sailor Moon, but it's already getting a remake that's supposed to come out pretty soon. I hope it follows the manga storyline.

A remake of Captain N would be neat, if they actually got the video game characters accurate, and it actually included Samus this time around.

I wouldn't mind remakes of the old Mario cartoons, if they made them accurate to the games.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Reboot, if that counts as a cartoon.

edit: a non-shitty Captain N would be good too.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
SYM-BIONIC TITAN
If that counts as a cartoon.
[video=youtube;7nQLiq3PkG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8[/video]
That had no business getting canceled where it did.
I want Invader Zim back. and I think thundercats is now on Adult Swim I'm not sure though.
It was for a time but they lost the rights to it.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Not really a return but "The Adventures of Professor Layton" would be absolutely awesome. I would also give anything to see a return of "Inspector Gadget".

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
First thing i thought of was Invader Zim, but seeing as its taken, Megas XLR.

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
None of them. Wouldn't want to risk those fond memories being shat all over by some half assed remake.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
If it was done with as good quality as before, Invader Zim. It was great

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Drawn Together. The third season was probably the best, or damn close, so the show was only going up.

ElectricBlue1989

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
I want Invader Zim back. and I think thundercats is now on Adult Swim I'm not sure though.

Not anymore. They re-ran the only season a number of times. Along with Megas XLR and Sym-Biotic Titan, I too want this one.

I'd kill for a Swat Kats or Gargoyles reboot.

The Swat Kats universe has so much meat left on the bone. But I doubt animators today can pull off the same art-style and overall vibe that the original show had. And it needs shredding guitars in the intro.

I would also give anything to see a return of "Inspector Gadget".

I'd let that one rest. There's no way it'll come back respectfully, and there have been attempts. I've seen a direct-to-TV Inspector Gadget movie, which mixed elements from the live-action films (talking Gadgetmobile). Didn't like it. And then there was another one made in dated 3D that I didn't know of.

Ed Edd n Eddy!!!!!!

I'm totally cool if this one doesn't come back. Why? It had a really good movie that gave a really nice closure. How many cartoons series wish they had something like that?

And Futurama

Futurama? Again? Well, it could happen if another network picked it up. Comedy Central lost interest I suppose...

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I'm totally cool if this one doesn't come back. Why? It had a really good movie that gave a really nice closure. How many cartoons series wish they had something like that?
The fact that its a cartoon with an actual ending is something of an amazing feat here. Very rare do cartoons get this kind of treatment. But it treated CN well, and I guess they wanted it to go out with a bang.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
I'd like to see more King of the Hill honestly. Probably the Wild Thornberry's too.