• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do furs do as jobs IRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheM

Welder here... GMAW for an aftermarket Jeep parts retailer.

We also do some structural fabrication from time to time...

wixx56

say what!?
I work in a call center. I'm a CSR handling general care and teir I tech support for one of the top 5 telecommunications companies in the US. I.e. I fixes yur cellphonez.

Tiamat X

Suffers from gaming ADD...
I work in a call center. I'm a CSR handling general care and teir I tech support for one of the top 5 telecommunications companies in the US. I.e. I fixes yur cellphonez.

Holy crap, same thing that I do!

Which of the top 5 do you work for? I work with AT&T customers through an outsourced company. Totally can't tell customers that I'm Canadian since you know...AT&T is an American company and somehow customers don't believe your telling the truth if your Canadian. =P

First major job for me and started at $10/hr, $11/hr on weekends. The hours suck though because of my rank. Ending at 12 at night blows....At least it covers my rent, bills, and frivolous stuff on occasion. ^_^

Irreverent

Heh, normally no, but it's surprisingly calm here even in a crisis. It also helps to have a pup on campus with a huge selection of good brews on tap.

Hmm....if we had a pub on the campus, at least I'd know where to find the level I field techs! :razz: Saddly, its a business campus, not a university quad.

Which of the top 5 do you work for? I work with AT&T customers through an outsourced company. Totally can't tell customers that I'm Canadian since you know

Quite a few teleco nerds here. I may have built your call center. Even though we are the largest Wireline/Wireless/Internet/TV company in Canada, we partner heavily with AT&T, especially for trans-boarder circuits and bandwidth.

Last edited:

wixx56

say what!?

Which of the top 5 do you work for? I work with AT&T customers through an outsourced company. Totally can't tell customers that I'm Canadian since you know...AT&T is an American company and somehow customers don't believe your telling the truth if your Canadian. =P

First major job for me and started at $10/hr, $11/hr on weekends. The hours suck though because of my rank. Ending at 12 at night blows....At least it covers my rent, bills, and frivolous stuff on occasion. ^_^

You caught me. I'm a direct hire for AT&T Mobility, but I used to work for T-Mobile as a contract hire.

What department do you handle? I'm curious because I thought only Prepaid and Warranty were outsourced.

Blaze Cheetah

ZOOOOOOOOOM
I be still a wee lad... just outta high school, personally. Working part-time at a place called Retro Planet... think Chuckie Cheese, aimed a bit older, with a retro "70's and 80's" sorta theme.

Most of the time I'm running lazer tag.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Hmm....if we had a pub on the campus, at least I'd know where to find the level I field techs! :razz: Saddly, its a business campus, not a university quad.

DOH!! I shall raise a Guinness in regret for you then. :/ Unfortunately, it's still easy to find/get-a-hold of us since most of the NOC has radios. No complaints though - wouldn't go back to the last job for all the money in the world. ^^;

Jax

Used to be a systems analyst...and programmer...until they did away with breadboards and 80 column cards...USAF Instructor and training developer (retired). Service industry...yes fraid so...ten years in hotels Chief Engineer...now a Facilities project manager...but the fur gets in the way...Trying to open a micro publishing house. My real job is writing (yes, fur works well there). Bit worn out but not when I travel.... Jax...Captain of the Star Ship Xeillia!!! I much prefer his life!

Kintik

has something to say
Used to manage a multimillion-dollar marketing budget for a division of a telecom company. Absurd but true, they hired me right out of college.

I recently left to go back to school, right now I'm enjoying some time away from working but I'll soon have to find a part-time job to pay the bills.

Nox

A fox of all colors.
I work at s Frys Food and Drug bagging, cleaning, pushing in carts ECT, ECT, =n= and I dislike the job, but it's a JOB. XD. Not many jobs here in my little town.

ProlificHunter

will eat you
I am, currently, working for Geek Squad, but I am also a senior in high school. However, I do plan to get a secondary education in software engineering.

KiloCharlie

Tastes Like You Only Sweeter
i work as a wine maker... i work in a winery in San Mateo county and i make wine... and it is awesome... although i am looking to get a job as a baker when i stop making wine... (and no i am not fat... the fat baker is just a stereotype... i am actually underweight [6'2" 120-125 lbs... yeah, that's underweight])

jagdwolf

Just a simple innocent Wolf
Im a carpenter. I own my own business.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
wow, do you make a living with those? they look nice but are you selling enough?
im unemployed right now. i just finished school and im going to study biology in 1~2 years

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Day Job: Communications Tech

Part time: Webmaster

Occasionally: Computer repair/builder

Night job: Writer/published author

Kellan

Status
Not open for further replies.