• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you do for a living?

K

Kaamos

Walgreens. I make the cameras people bring to my store into pictures. Well, I don't really, a machine does all the work. I just take all the credit and hit it when it stops working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
I've yet to hold a paying job actually. I spent all my work-time either volunteering or on school. Now I'm just waiting for college to start, so I can get to work on biochem.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
As of today, in addition to my HVAC sales job, I work as a general helper at a farm and pet supply center in my hometown. Loading hay and feed into customers' vehicles, watering poultry, gathering eggs from hens, catching birds for buyers, loading and unloading a box truck for large deliveries, cleaning, stocking....pretty much everything. I'm covered in dirt and hay chaff and sweat right now.:D

Ley

I don't live on it but I make pretty pichurrs and make lunch money from that.

I was supposed to work this summer but what with this concussion, I might not be able to since I'm not allowed to do anything. >.< I had my eye on this job of the super glamorous bagger at albertsons.

Dreaming

I sit at home all day doing nothing because I have no friends and no job, and I find myself wondering why I wanted this lifestyle as a kid. It gets pretty fucking boring after a year. :V

KatmanDu

Squeezing the Charmin
Currently, low voltage electrician. On the side, since that's contract work and work is slow, freelance photographer (weddings suck), freelance web designer (in the loosest sense of the word), firearms instructor, and gunsmith. In the past there's been a wide variety of jobs; nay, even careers that slowly swirled down the crapper.

thoron

I'm currently a college student who sells the ceramic wares I make. I'm currently looking for a real job though.

Luckiione

Neopet
I'm a full time student right now, going into my Senior year (thank GOD. I'm so tired of school...) Might have an interview soon to be the retail manager of a little shop set up in front of a daycamp for kids where they learn how to build robots. I'm quite excited about it. Hope I get it. I love teh kiddies. <3

Piroshki

I got a job driving for Domino's about a month ago. I actually like it a lot, I make a hell of a lot more money delivering than I ever did managing for Papa John's. I'm thinking about trying to keep it through the school year 'cause I'm seriously making bank here, though that also has to do with the fact that they like me and/or my availability so much that I've been working 6 days a week. Tomorrow is going to be my first day off that I didn't have to ask for.

Eventually I'd like to get into a career with computers, preferably something to do with software development, though seeing the other people in the computer science department at school and comparing my own personal interest in the subject matter with theirs, I feel more fit to just work at pizza places forever. u_u

Kangamutt

Line cook in a theme park restaurant. Hot, loud, and greasy. Though I'm looking to transfer to a photography position when I am able to this September. Just two more months...

I don't live on it but I make pretty pichurrs and make lunch money from that.

I was supposed to work this summer but what with this concussion, I might not be able to since I'm not allowed to do anything. >.< I had my eye on this job of the super glamorous bagger at albertsons.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon.

kman

Auto-Technician/Mechanic

Few years in, starting to wonder "what-else" I could of got into, but it's steady work

Sorting unloaded packages at UPS. I'm cleared for driving but I have to wait for some of the old guys to retire or die (some of them are in their eighties) before I can do that full time. Also am a YouTube partner.

WanderingFox

Future Cho Oyu Summiteer
Senior year Computer Information Technology undergrad with a concentration in cybersecurity, I'm currently interning two days a week in relation to my studies. I work the other 5 days in retail at a home improvement store, so I technically work all 7 days of the week. It's worth it to get things over with and get the hell out of Indiana before boredom kills me.

I'm a cashier at a fairly large US south eastern grocery chain.
I'm going to be a full time student in college come this fall.

Traxx

I am a College Student, majoring in Mathematics and Biology, pursuing the career goal of a Wildlife Expert. Been in college for one a year, and let me tell you its great. Math is fun, Biology is great, its ALOT of work, alot of book reading and what have you, but its great. ^^

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Sorting unloaded packages at UPS. I'm cleared for driving but I have to wait for some of the old guys to retire or die (some of them are in their eighties) before I can do that full time. Also am a YouTube partner.

ugh, i feel you on the retirement thing. they've been telling at USPS that we'll be taking regular positions as soon as the regulars are gone, be that through retirement or death.
i'm like...you're really just tempting me to kill them.