• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

what do you do when your in a bad mood

Ieono

Uberaffe
Beat the shit out of my punching bag. Sometimes with wooden weapons, hah.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Meditate on the things that I hate, and draw strength from it.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Five Finger Death Punch's music is a conduit for anger and sorrow. Kick out the jams and let your emotions flow. Soon you will feel better.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust

Augmented Husky

Mind currently uploaded
Meditate on the things that I hate, and draw strength from it.

A lot like this for me. Its nice when you have enough control over your perspective to turn what was once a big problem into a smaller one in an instant
with some inspirational words ,calming music and a plan to bring those challenges to their Death :)

CoreFur

Beginner fursuit maker
When I am in a bad mood and Tea and relaxing cannot shake me out of it I grab a water and go outside for a long walk. At least 30 minutes to an hour. Maybe longer if I am still irritated. If I do not want to think on things I bring music that I know has no emotional ties to it. Some trance music helps me really, or even some classical and I just walk.

SCPH7503

Latent Appliance Fetishist
I put on some string ensemble music and whine to my Steam friends about how much my life sucks. They're surprisingly tolerant of it.

Wakor

Wakor Jones
Keep yourself hydrated, make sure you've eaten in the last couple hours, and take deep breaths. If you stay up late at night, try to go to bed at 10-11pm if possible -- for me, night time is just a breeding ground for depressing thoughts and anxiety DXIf you have the stuff, try baking. Use a simple cookie recipe or, my personal favorite: Monkey bread! http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/grands-monkey-bread/7a1e41b1-4708-4028-8ce6-fcb5baebbc19When you feel depressed and anxious, remember B.A.T.H -- are you Bored, Angry, Tired, or Hungry? These things get the chemicals in your brain churning in all the wrong ways, and you often don't realize why you feel this way.

Kaizy

Emotional Mess
Whenever I'm upset about something, I usually wont talk to anyone and I'll just watch some videos or something until I'm feeling better. Depending on the severity of what bothered me, I might be doing that for a long duration or time.

If you-the-one-who-started-the-thread are constantly sad, you should start sleeping normally, eat some chocolate before sleep and care less about stupid things :3 i usually listen to some mind-boosting music as well.

StormyPikachu

oh.. uhmm.. hi there :3
If you-the-one-who-started-the-thread are constantly sad, you should start sleeping normally, eat some chocolate before sleep and care less about stupid things :3 i usually listen to some mind-boosting music as well.
Hahaha I wish it were so simple... I really appreciate everyone's advice and am glad to hear all of you also have personal coping techniques.. I am definitely using some of them because my current coping technique is not healthy and my owner has been rather upset with the way I cope with my depression

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
I listen to a LOT of thrash metal, death metal, grindcore and crust. It's my favorite music and helps me vent my aggressions if I do some head banging and air guitar to it.

because my current coping technique is not healthy and my owner has been rather upset with the way I cope with my depression

a) if you are hurting yourself, then STOP immediately.

b) you say 'depression'. If you feel a real depression (and i mean it, it is a psychical disease), you should visit the doc, and if it is just a large streak of bad mood days - it is a normal thing to happen.

c) you say 'technique', but your soul is not a mechanism .o. even mine isn't. So never force yourself to do some 'techniques' if you don't want to - it will only damage you more. If you wanna cry - cry, if you wanna punch stuff around - do it, cause the best way is actually doing what the body & mind requests AS SOON AS IT DOESN'T HURT YOU AND OTHERS. And my advice isn't a technique, it is just an advice to change your point of view on some dump stuff. Things that must go - must go, 'cause that's what they're supposed to do, right?

d) you see, everyone here want to help you, so don't hesitate to tell what's up, i guess~ at least i love everyone and support everyone as possible.

*all the info above is STRICTLY IMHO*

F

FangWarrior

I draw, I actually drew a drawing out of pure rage yesterday. I will post to my FA eventually, I finally have a new scanner but my computer just decided it doesn't want to work now so that's unfortunate. I have a buddy that is specialized with computers in'stuff, my computer geek is working on it.

F

FangWarrior

Beat the shit out of my punching bag. Sometimes with wooden weapons, hah.
Beating things is fun, one of the best remedies. Especially when you have something to beat it with.

StormyPikachu

oh.. uhmm.. hi there :3
a) if you are hurting yourself, then STOP immediately.

b) you say 'depression'. If you feel a real depression (and i mean it, it is a psychical disease), you should visit the doc

*all the info above is STRICTLY IMHO*
I see a therapist about it.. she has been on vacation for almost two weeks.. no I'm not suicidal or anything ._. It helps though even if it's temporary it's better than nothing, right now I'm in a situation in which I can't get out of and that is the main cause of it my only other coping method is cuddling on my owners lap and getting pets but that's not even helping lately

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
Well, when I do get upset, I look for the silver lining in the situation, and focus on it. While I figure out the good things, I go off to a quiet, private place in my home and strum my ukulele or draw or read a funny book.

PrettyKitty13

..is allergic to chocolate ;~;
If I'm wrong, please correct me.
I thought depression was a lack of feeling. Rather than constant sadness. Take the movie "Inside Out" for example.

Anyway, what helps me is actually getting a hug from someone I love.

That sounds mushy as hell, but it really gets me out of my funk if I had a bad day. Or, watching kitten videos.
I'm a really happy person, so being sad or angry is occasional than an everyday thing. When I feel down, I can get hit pretty hard but it's all a part of being human, right? :p

I doodle anthro stuff or fursuit in my room, or just do some easy crafts so my stress don't get too high

Byron

Moshi Moshi, Byron Desu~
I felt really crappy and stressed out the other day, so I went to the thrift store and spent five bucks on a Kirby Classic.

It was all dirty and broken and sad looking. It was practically sitting in a puddle of tears; a discarded piece of junk nobody cared about. I took it home and fixed it and cleaned it up, and now it works again. It made me feel a lot better just having a constructive project to do, but even more so to rescue something cool from an undeserved fate in a dumpster.

[/coolstorybro]

Ratical

If I'm wrong, please correct me.
I thought depression was a lack of feeling. Rather than constant sadness. Take the movie "Inside Out" for example.

You're right, it can actually be both. The clinical definition of depression is persistent sadness or lack of motivation, but lack of feeling is a symptom of chronic depression too.

And never underestimate the power of animal vids. I've had many a funk un-funked because of 'em. They won't stop what really wrong, but sometimes you need that pick-me-up. You don't even need an excuse to hug somebody ya like, either.