• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

what do you drive?

DRGN Juno

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA -Sukhoi, 2020
No shit right?! I rode a vstar 250 for a while which was all kinds of fun. Really small but then again I'm a small guy so it was ok. The 650 had alot more power and did quite well for me. The way I see it. If it falls over and I can't pick it up I don't wanna ride it. Lol 650-750 is big enough for me. Other than that trike I rode that one time. But that felt all kinds of wrong.

Look. If my scrawny ass can upright an 1100 Goldwing, anyone can.

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
What do I drive? Well...

I've driven the Swindon & Cricklade Railway's British Rail Class 03. Once working as the travelling ground frame operator they let me drive her from Hayes Knoll to Blunsdon, and then again on my first footplate training session they let me put her back into the shed.

hDVulgDsCGXhRvrwdowDf27rpxFbUWgYZ27qHZ0weCMV2VtCU5GDilCg9WIJgQpWIzsk3M5Wj9-8AZGi86Itf86koiwwsQCSzcb04HApSYPtBMcmDd7fQWJUvCy_Uv96AAMmvhVU0fDTdhrtth0Cr2jrdiw9L4Uvx0sGx1JDXeJBwB3NACwmQMlz0l-o4ykanlJGP4j_qR_mmvUurvy6YD6CsN74q6BoUUDjpu6PAEdD

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Aye, it's not a car, but it's a helluva lot cooler. When we brought her out of storage last October she was shooting a jet of flame from the funnel where it was burning-off built-up soot.

Mike_Wolf

Look. If my scrawny ass can upright an 1100 Goldwing, anyone can.

Damn that's a killer. I can do it but I don't wanna. Lol

I drive a 2001 Honda Civic that is old enough to smoke, and it definitely does. xD

Probably burning a bit of oil. Might need some new piston rings or valve seals.

What do I drive? Well...

I've driven the Swindon & Cricklade Railway's British Rail Class 03. Once working as the travelling ground frame operator they let me drive her from Hayes Knoll to Blunsdon, and then again on my first footplate training session they let me put her back into the shed.

hDVulgDsCGXhRvrwdowDf27rpxFbUWgYZ27qHZ0weCMV2VtCU5GDilCg9WIJgQpWIzsk3M5Wj9-8AZGi86Itf86koiwwsQCSzcb04HApSYPtBMcmDd7fQWJUvCy_Uv96AAMmvhVU0fDTdhrtth0Cr2jrdiw9L4Uvx0sGx1JDXeJBwB3NACwmQMlz0l-o4ykanlJGP4j_qR_mmvUurvy6YD6CsN74q6BoUUDjpu6PAEdD

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Aye, it's not a car, but it's a helluva lot cooler. When we brought her out of storage last October she was shooting a jet of flame from the funnel where it was burning-off built-up soot.

God dayum! Lol

DRGN Juno

What do I drive? Well...

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Ooh, we're doing non-cars, huh?

WP_20140720_002.jpg
WP_20140617_001.jpg

I try not to make a habit of using my phone on a flight, but I'll occasionally grab pictures when it's a dual or I've got a student.

Damn that's a killer. I can do it but I don't wanna. Lol

Lift with your legs, lock the handlebars to one side, and lean against the bike. Also, don't skip leg day. It sucks, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

DRGN Juno

We have a federal scholarship program that runs every summer for 16-18 year olds to get their private pilot's license. I was very fortunate to be selected for it, and I ended up being licensed to fly before I could legally drive without a chaperone. I still had to pay for my commercial/multi/night/IFR/instructor ratings later on, but having that first hurdle covered was immensely helpful.

Mike_Wolf

We have a federal scholarship program that runs every summer for 16-18 year olds to get their private pilot's license. I was very fortunate to be selected for it, and I ended up being licensed to fly before I could legally drive without a chaperone. I still had to pay for my commercial/multi/night/IFR/instructor ratings later on, but having that first hurdle covered was immensely helpful.

Nicely done. Getting your certification is only half the battle. Procuring a plane is the hard part.

DRGN Juno

Nicely done. Getting your certification is only half the battle. Procuring a plane is the hard part.

Thanks.

Procurement is absolutely hellish. Renting and split ownership (or...working) are the most common routes because even the simple stuff in a plane is ungodly expensive. There's a common joke saying "I bought a Porsche because I couldn't afford a Cessna."

For example, this 48 year old year plain-Jane Cessna 150 is worth half of my house.

www.controller.com: Pardon Our Interruption

Sairn

Sairn the Majestic

Certainly learned me something when I was in that job, more than school. Also was pretty fun, pretty much washing planes. Apparently I could see some snow/ice that others missed, so that's good I suppose :p

Most fun was when I was driving and we had to clean a 757 engines running. Even fully loaded it was shaking that heavy truck like nothing O.O

hara-surya

Deviated Prevert
I drive a black 2018 Kia Rio named Luci (after the Disenchantment character) who I also call my Future Shitbox. I have no delusions, Luci is a Future Shitbox. I will drive her wheels off, remember she's a he, and then drive his wheels off. By the time Elon Musk is landing on Mars she'll barely run and I'll make jokes about her.

Last edited:

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
Talking about aircraft up there? I mean, yeah, the original post specified we could talk about things we want to drive, and if I had all the money I ever wanted I'd definitely look into procuring a recreation of a first world war bi-plane, because that'd just be neat, if nothing else.

And while we're on the subject of unlikely theoretical vehicles we want, I'll take Stylo from the Gorillaz music video of the same name.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
I crank my existential dread at the highway

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
I used to drive tractor-trailers, or what do you call them, lorries? Freightliners, Kenworths, Peterbuilts, but my favorite was the Volvo VNL.
Trucks, lorries, artics. Ours are all cab-over-engine, so no big bonnets (hoods) for me!