• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you enjoy the most about being a furry?

MRNICEGUY321

Just a gay horsie :)
Hello! Just wondering if anyone wants to share their favorite thing about being a furry!!

Last edited:

MRNICEGUY321

I can definitely agree with that! There’s so much variety and art styles! Too bad I can’t really draw anything

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
I love to play as my own character uncompromisingly while interacting with others, and it always feels like I teleport to a parallel world. Or, as if it's an extension of the same world, plus the anthro creatures.

I just find the idea of being around talking animals with unlimited and varied backgrounds to be very appealing. Of course the art helps a lot in bringing that sensation

MRNICEGUY321

I love to play as my own character uncompromisingly while interacting with others, and it always feels like I teleport to a parallel world. Or, as if it's an extension of the same world, plus the anthro creatures.

I just find the idea of being around talking animals with unlimited and varied backgrounds to be very appealing
I agree with that too!

Kosmo Kittypup

Goodest Space Boy
after coming to terms with my identity and stuff, i feel like i can actually explore and engage with that kind of thing through furry stuff. i've been a furry for 8 years but it wasn't until this year that it really started to connect with me more personally than just a base appreciation of anthro animals and art. i'm still trying to find my sense of community, but seeking that out has been helpful with my main goal in life right now: being more social and making more friends instead of feeling so closed off. so what i enjoy about being a furry, at least now, is that i feel like i can be myself and explore myself without feeling scared! if that makes sense.

Breyo

Professional Nibbler

I just find the idea of being around talking animals with unlimited and varied backgrounds to be very appealing. Of course the art helps a lot in bringing that sensation
This^^!
I also like how kind people are here. I'm sure there are some bad folks too, but so far I've only met the good ones :D

MRNICEGUY321

I
For me it´s the ability to be open about the most things. This fandom saved me from a dark time and it helped me find who I am.
I’m sorry to hear that. I think I had a similar story, was in a dark place because I couldn’t trust being myself.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Nothing, really? At least if taking the question literally. By the time I discovered furry fandom, I already had strong interest in anthros and artwork, and since there's a lot of both here along with relatively level-headed community, so I decided to stick around, which leading cool things and new friends. In other words, it's less that I "enjoy being a furry" and more that I enjoy doing my hobbies that coincidentally led me here.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Cute kemono artwork on Pixiv

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
What can I say? I love the community and people I have met here and elsewhere in the furry community. I can say I genuinely care how people are even if I have only ever talked to them online. I have my own little furry family off site that always helps me feel great when I am feeling shitty. :3

Otherwise I like the art and being able to express myself more freely. Skittles helps me do this. ^^

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
The creativity. Furry isn't really bound by some of the same things as fandoms for things like Star Wars or Star Trek, where the races and characters would at least have to adhere to canon. In furry, your character can be from any time or place, it can be simple and natural, or it can be bright, colorful, or even synthetic. I love seeing what people create to represent themselves, and the freedom it gives them to show a part of who they are that they might not normally let people see in everyday life.