• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you get with your phone bill

rekcerW

So, I'm pretty sure statistics are right and we have the shittiest rates worldwide to have a mobile phone here in Canada, so let's see some figures in contrast..

I pay $160cdn monthly for 11g data, unlimited calling/texting on an LTE network. No such thing as an unlimited plan for data in my neck of the woods...

C

Cyroo

uh o.o

i pay $55 a month for unlimited texting and 10GB of data. they dont cap, just throttle.

i live in ontario and i have freedom mobile.

Asher Grey

Probably Sleeping
I do $50/mo for unlimited data, talk, text, and 8 GB hotspot(which I use for my laptop). That's with Boost Mobile and the downside is spotty, unreliable service anywhere from rural trails to the center of the city. At least it's not verizon C:

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
$4.40 for 7GB of data + unlimited YouTube services (including YTMusuc). I should look into Vitaly's deal though, looks cheaper

C

Cyroo

These deals just sound too good to be true.

Or maybe it's just because I'm Canadian and our cell phone coverage is probably the most absurd out of any first world country.

rekcerW

uh o.o

i pay $55 a month for unlimited texting and 10GB of data. they dont cap, just throttle.

i live in ontario and i have freedom mobile.
That's... man... c'mon.
$3,85 per month for 300 minutes of calls and fully unlimited LTE
Holy sweet mother of fuck, son of a diddly.

.........argh. on the plus side, telus has great customer service

Timothy Vyper

Your average Linux Fox
I recently switched to a new carrier that has you pay in bulk for 3 months up front and it is like 20/month for 8gb and I barely use 4gb a month.

PolarSchizo

So, I'm pretty sure statistics are right and we have the shittiest rates worldwide to have a mobile phone here in Canada, so let's see some figures in contrast..

I pay $160cdn monthly for 11g data, unlimited calling/texting on an LTE network. No such thing as an unlimited plan for data in my neck of the woods...

7 lines. 5 are paid, 2 are free and 1 has a protection plan. With kickback, discounts and adjustments I total $187. That includes Netflix, unlimited calling, texts and data domestically and then you're throttled after 50GBs and 5GB of internet in Mexico being throttle.

All in all, T-Mobile is good for what I need it for.

I use a re-fill sim card that I got for free in the mail many years ago.

I could change the kind of price plan/charge every time I need to add credit to the sim card, no bills, no period of notice, and I can just log in to my internet bank and charge my sim from there if it depletes. Thing is I'm at home a lot and use wifi, and I don't really do social calls a lot.
Personally pay 7,5 Euros monthly for and that's what I get to call and text for. Included in the price mentioned is also 200MB of data for surfing. If I'd not use all of the data, or all of the credit and fill the sim card it would of course keep the credit and data I have and just add onto it. All and all I have 1.38 GB of Data on my phone right now out of all those 200MB re-fills.

However, if I knew that I'd need to use my phone a lot, I could just pay around 20 Euros to the same carrier and get unlimited free calls, unlimited texts and 10GB of data valid for 30 days(pretty similar to a subscription but without needing any paperwork), and once past those 30 days it would go back to my old credit c:!

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
I pay 25 euros a month for 60 gigs, unlimited texts and calls in France. Sadly I can only have this offer for a year :c

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
So at the moment I am paying about 100€ a month.
This includes a plan with 60 gigs of data, unlimited data after that at 1Mbit/s, unlimited calls and unlimited texts.
It also includes a Note 8, a Note 10 Plus, a smartwatch and a Nintendo Switch.
Yeah, my carrier is kind of nuts like that :D

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
For my Vodafone mobile, it's NZ$39.95 a month for unlimited national calling, unlimited texts, and 4GB of data (includes 4G LTE).

Kinare

RAWR
I pay $40 USD for Verizon thanks to a family plan which my brother owns and his military discount. Each line has 15gb data, then throttles after that so they can technically argue "unlimited". They're the most reliable for our area, so it's either we pay more for Verizon or we get less reliable service.

The best alternative for me if I didn't have the family plan again would be to go back to Straight Talk, which is $44 (with auto refill) for 25gb of data or $50 for unlimited (auto-refill price, but the unlimited is weird, it caps you at 10GB hotspot data but it seems the rest is unlimited).