• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What do you guys think of my suit head?

cottoncandy

I've been working on this head for the past couple months. I used a pre-made head kit by Media for this project. These are some of the progress pictures I've taken.

This is the third head I have made and the first time I've tried doing a fleece face.

Had to link to my blog because the forums kept telling me my files were invalid, so... there they are!

http://cottoncandybeast.tumblr.com/post/61592633728/

Jabberwocky

bitch where
That's a fine lookin head!
You are gonna fur the rest of the face...right?

Jabberwocky

bitch where
What do you mean? The face is completely done, pretty much. There's the actual fleece face, then her cheeks have fur on them for "poofiness".

I mean the shape of the head and design is really great. However, the fleece part of the head, to me, sticks out like a sore thumb and throws me off, visually, and doesn't look quite right. But that's just me.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I mean the shape of the head and design is really great. However, the fleece part of the head, to me, sticks out like a sore thumb and throws me off, visually, and doesn't look quite right. But that's just me.

Fleece can work for toony heads, but yeah it does stick out. Using fleece is much easier to use on the face than fur, believe it or not. It takes some practice to get it to conform with the choice of fur you use, as well as several patterns to try and avoid seams on the face. it also cuts down the need to shave as long as there are no seams.

I can't say much since it's a premade kit, but what I can suggest is that you take some fabric acrylic paint (createx or something) of the same color as the fleece to blend the white seam that meets the blue. It's distracting.

cottoncandy

I can't say much since it's a premade kit, but what I can suggest is that you take some fabric acrylic paint (createx or something) of the same color as the fleece to blend the white seam that meets the blue. It's distracting.

Okay, yeah! I will definitely think about doing that. :D Where could I find something like that, Joann's or somewhere similar?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Okay, yeah! I will definitely think about doing that. :D Where could I find something like that, Joann's or somewhere similar?

http://www.artsupply.com/16oz-Createx-Auto-Air-Transparent-Teal-Blue_p_48633.html

Online, you'll be able to find airbrush paint packs. Locally, try places that sell hobby paints and look for Createx. If not, Micheals and (perhaps Jerry's Art-a-rama) may have them.

Try Amazon.com too if you want specific colors.

What you want to do is soften those hardline-seams to create some gradience. If you get any paints, test it on some scraps first as practice.